Possible Movements

Possible Movements

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Sat May 20, 2006 8:52 am

After considering Kobe Bryant is untocheable nowadays, and there are three players that would be great to maintein if it is possible: Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum. What possibilities do we have? Well, if you talk about KG or T-Mac things may change but...

I still think that we need a Point Guard and a Forward. I think that better minutes of Lamar in the NBA in Miami and LA have been playing at power forward position until date.

We have a player for an important position (Center) like Chris Mihm that could be traded. If we get a good forward in the trade that would be great (Turkoglu is a versatile forward for example, of course Richard Jefferson, others as Caron Butler return, Kevin Martin, etc.). Well, Boozer is a good player too (power forward position, but good player, better than Mihm I think). We can include Devean George and others.

It said too that Lakers are interested in Marcus Banks or Sam Cassell (nice shooter). Steve Francis nowadays is bad considered but I think that is a very good player, and maybe easier to get than two years ago.

These two positions (1 and 3) I think that is very important to improve.

Go Lakers!!
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Postby KB24 on Sat May 20, 2006 12:15 pm

we need a PG and a PF to be competetive. Not just 2 projects but two NBA STARTERS. Our bench also sucks.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LUUUKE on Sat May 20, 2006 12:32 pm

KB8@CL wrote:we need a PG and a PF to be competetive. Not just 2 projects but two NBA STARTERS. Our bench also sucks.

yea our bench is terrible..but our PG problems are the worse
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby no_dont on Sat May 20, 2006 12:59 pm

KB8@CL wrote:we need a PG and a PF to be competetive. Not just 2 projects but two NBA STARTERS. Our bench also sucks.
HO-BE
no_dont

Postby KAMILLION on Mon May 22, 2006 1:41 pm

How bout a trade with the Raps? Say Chris Mihm, Cook, Wafer, (and Miami's 1st?) for Mike James and Charlie Villanueva. Mihm would give Bosh the center he needs to play along side without bumping heads with Charlie for P.T., Cook could back up Bosh, and Wafer, a player with "potential", as a throw in to make it work $$$ wise. We get the Power Forward we need to go along side Kwame and a point guard. I think that would round out the roster nicely. It may not be the Pistons but none of the contracts would kill the "2008 plan" and would give Kobe something to work with.

Mike James
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Charlie Villanueva
Kwame Brown

Would Toronto even consider this trade? I don't know. They are probably going to lose Mike James this off season any way. Will they be able to keep both Bosh and Villanueva long term? I think we all know Bosh would get the nod in that one. Taking all that into consideration, it could actually work for both teams.
KAMILLION

Postby bb7793 on Mon May 22, 2006 2:43 pm

Not a bad idea but Odom and Charlie are a bit too similar types of players. I do think Charlie can be a bit more aggressive. If we were able to still pick up someone like Al harrington via MLE I would like this better. Who do we hav eback up Charlie v?
bb7793

Postby The Laker Link on Mon May 22, 2006 3:13 pm

No guys we need something that can work that would be good for us and maybe keep the core still...I say try to get Boozer with Mihm and George or Luke and then Fisher with Smush, George, others, and picks....

Then we have:

Kwame
Boozer
Odom
Kobe
Fisher

bench...

we use the MLE, LLE, and Bi- to get someone like Cassell, Peja, Rush, Profit and others by either splitting the MLE or LLE or Both and then using the Bi by itself...and then we can get in a good bench and still have gotten a good PF and PG....see...work it out that way...screw the '08 plan and work it out that way.....
The Laker Link

Postby KAMILLION on Mon May 22, 2006 3:55 pm

bb7793 wrote:Not a bad idea but Odom and Charlie are a bit too similar types of players. I do think Charlie can be a bit more aggressive. If we were able to still pick up someone like Al harrington via MLE I would like this better. Who do we hav eback up Charlie v?

I agree, Harrington would be a good pick up to play the three, especially if Odom is indeed the PF of the future. However, I think he is going to demand too much $$$ for us. I think we would possibly have to rely on Turiaf to back up Charlie V if we could get him. Also, we would still have our exceptions if we aquired these players through trade, so we would still be able to pick up a few pieces to round out the roster (Banks? Wilcox? Ely?). I was just trying to find some good players that could actually produce at the much needed PG and PF positions without destroying the "2008 plan" lakers brass is so hell bent on, that is unless KG or Lebron becomes available.
KAMILLION

Postby Dizzmal on Tue May 23, 2006 6:32 am

Best case scenario this offseason:

1. Chris Mihm, Brian Cook and filler for Carlos Boozer and 1st rounder.
2. Sign Bobby Jackson or Marcus Banks
3. Snag Marcus Williams or Paul Millsap in the draft.

Kwame Brown
Carlos Boozer
Lamar Odom
Kobe Bryant
Bobby Jackson

Three legit double double players up front and the best guard in the game and former sixth man who just plain knows his role at the backcourt.
Dizzmal

Postby High IQ on Tue May 23, 2006 2:36 pm

mihm, cook and wafer for mike james and c-villa? :man4:
you know, Raptors' got a new GM, so it won't work out. for SURE.
High IQ

Postby trodgers on Tue May 23, 2006 2:55 pm

Dizzmal wrote:Best case scenario this offseason:

Maybe on NBA2k6. Maybe.

[quoteKwame Brown
Carlos Boozer
Lamar Odom
Kobe Bryant
Bobby Jackson[/quote]
That sure wouldn't be a bad lineup though...
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Al Harrington

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Wed May 24, 2006 1:51 pm

Yes, for example Al Harrington would be a great addition, of course Tayshaun Prince (but he is nearly impossibble to get) or Joe Johnson. I do not know players via Draft, but via trade Chris Mihm is a good addition for so many teams, so we could get a good player.

And definetly we need improving our point guard and forward position.
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed May 24, 2006 4:30 pm

Banks and a forward via trade would suit me just fine. Bye bye Mihm :jam2:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby bb7793 on Wed May 24, 2006 5:33 pm

Dizzmal wrote:Best case scenario this offseason:

2. Sign Bobby Jackson or Marcus Banks
3. Snag Marcus Williams or Paul Millsap in the draft.

Kwame Brown
Carlos Boozer
Lamar Odom
Kobe Bryant
Bobby Jackson

Three legit double double players up front and the best guard in the game and former sixth man who just plain knows his role at the backcourt.

Milsap is too undersized and had is lunch taken by some other guy that isnt even a first rounder. I'll pass on him. Malik rose/Sweetney waiting to happen
bb7793

Postby KAMILLION on Wed May 24, 2006 6:09 pm

I know it sounds crazy but the reason why I even thought Villanueva might even be a little bit open to a trade is because of thier high draft pick (which turned out to be the #1). The say they are picking the best player in the draft regardless of position. The top players on most peoples draft board would be the same position as bosh and villanueva already play. The front court would really be getting jammed. I know that trade is one sided toward the lakers but I also said throw in a draft choice or more. Now that colangelo is there it would be harder to pull off but i was just throwing out names that would really work for us. I doubt this trade is any less reasonable than a lot of other trades I have seen on this board.
KAMILLION

Postby bb7793 on Wed May 24, 2006 6:25 pm

I was thinking the same thing though. They are gonna take a big and have a crowded frontline. I dont see them moving Charlie to the 3 so they may be willing to move him, especially since they have Joey Graham too, another lottery pick from last year as well as Mo Pete. I see them trading their #1 for like a #4-7 pick and a good vet. Then drafting M. Williams. Call it crazy, but think about their team. If they dont expect a trade
bb7793

Postby lakerdynasties on Sat May 27, 2006 5:58 pm

bb7793 wrote:Not a bad idea but Odom and Charlie are a bit too similar types of players. I do think Charlie can be a bit more aggressive. If we were able to still pick up someone like Al harrington via MLE I would like this better. Who do we hav eback up Charlie v?

I also agree in picking up Harrington but not through FA but in a S&T deal. Use the MLE for a PF/C in free agency. Harrington would be a great addition. Hopefully we could get him for Mihm, Cook & Mckie.
lakerdynasties

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat May 27, 2006 7:00 pm

The Laker Link wrote:No guys we need something that can work that would be good for us and maybe keep the core still...I say try to get Boozer with Mihm and George or Luke and then Fisher with Smush, George, others, and picks....

Then we have:

Kwame
Boozer
Odom
Kobe
Fisher

bench...

we use the MLE, LLE, and Bi- to get someone like Cassell, Peja, Rush, Profit and others by either splitting the MLE or LLE or Both and then using the Bi by itself...and then we can get in a good bench and still have gotten a good PF and PG....see...work it out that way...screw the '08 plan and work it out that way.....

I agree with the Boozer for Mihm and George plan. But Fisher is too expensive and not good enough defensively.

I say Spree (yeah laugh at me) for MLE. He's still got a few years left in him, he shoots and penetrates well, and defends aggressively. Then let either Smush or Sasha go, or trade them for a ballboy or something...

Then let Cook walk (it's the end of his contract this year right??) and sign a vet like Kukoc for the minimum, and resign Profit to back up Kobe.

If we would have had 2 more vets, like Kukoc (he played well in the Bucks only series this year) and Spree, we wouldn't have folded the way we did the last half of the series. Spree may have choked, but not the whole team..... :man12:
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat May 27, 2006 8:27 pm

CHARLIE PLAYED SF ALOT LAST YEAR WHY IS EVERYONE SHOCKED HE HAS A DIRK NOWITZKI TYPE TALENT AGILE MOBILE ABOUT THE SAME BUT CHARLIE PLAYS TOUGH
PurpleNGold1

Postby bennets on Sun May 28, 2006 4:45 am

I will be sad to see Mihm go but if we get a good player in return that will be good.A hope Brown can come on this off season a think hell possibly be 11 and 7 this season.We need a good point guard Banks he would do a good job and a couple of role players and we will be 50 plus team.
bennets

Postby bb7793 on Mon May 29, 2006 9:59 am

Have any of you heard that Chicago really wants Odom to play the 4 there? Would be willing to give up Odom and Mihm for say Chandler & Gordon. I think that is even deal there but the salaries dont match.
bb7793

Postby no_dont on Mon May 29, 2006 1:29 pm

bb7793 wrote:Have any of you heard that Chicago really wants Odom to play the 4 there? Would be willing to give up Odom and Mihm for say Chandler & Gordon. I think that is even deal there but the salaries dont match.

That is not even.
Hinrick, Nociono, Chandler. Thats better
HO-BE
no_dont

Postby ckermott on Mon May 29, 2006 3:42 pm

bb7793 wrote:Have any of you heard that Chicago really wants Odom to play the 4 there? Would be willing to give up Odom and Mihm for say Chandler & Gordon. I think that is even deal there but the salaries dont match.

where'd you here that? If that's the case, we don't need gordon because we have kobe, but perhaps a odom, mihm, 2nd for chandler, sweetney, duhon (s&t), nocioni?
ckermott

Postby bb7793 on Mon May 29, 2006 9:17 pm

This was talked about on Hoopshype today and I believe in a few newspapers.

The Bulls haven’t had any serious discussions with the Los Angeles Lakers about Odom. But the Bulls would love to plug him in at power forward, and it seems apparent that the 6-foot-10 Odom isn’t meshing well with Kobe Bryant. Odom averaged 17.1 points and 9.7 rebounds in 2003-04, his lone season with Miami. He scored 14.8 points for the Lakers this year, shooting a career-high 48.1 percent. Arlington Heights Daily Herald
bb7793

Postby kobezaballa on Mon May 29, 2006 10:37 pm

wtf kobe and odom arent meshing well??

thats crap

those to do but the other 13 players suck nuts
kobezaballa

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas