Probable offseason moves and potentially possible moves

What are the chances of picking up Billups this offseason?

100%
5%
50%
17%
0%
76%

Total votes : 17

Probable offseason moves and potentially possible moves

Postby lakersforthewin on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:03 pm

The offseason is just a few months around the corner and the lakers dont seem to be in good shape. The lakers need to make moves this offseason or they will still be climbing up the rebuilding ladder. Here are the probably offseason moves and the potentially possible ones. I'll list the probable ones first.

PG:Charlie Bell/Mo Williams-With Milwaukee going after Billups they will probbaly dump one of these two PGs (probably Bell) Bell is an improvement over Smush and a nice young PG

SG:None/Draft Pick-Don't see them making any major changes here

SF:None/Draft Pick-Again no major moves

PF:Chris Webber/Draft pick-If webber and the pistons dont win a ring this year you could see C Webb here in L.A and can still put up 20 and 10 with good passing skills.

C:None/Draft Pick-No major moves mainly because of Bynum's growth and Brown seemingly stuck here for the next season.

Now heres the potentially hopeful moves.

PG:Chauncey Billups-Billups making around 6 mil per year, with opt out option this offseason. If lakers somehow pick him up with MLE it makes the team a serious contender.

SG:Draft pick/none-Not much change here

SF:Jerry Stackhouse/Desmond Mason/Rashard Lewis-All 3 of these players are veterans, can score, and are good teammates. If we pick up Billups though, expect no changes in the SF lineup unless we shorten the years of MLE for Billups.

PF:Chris Webber/Kevin Garnett-C Webb already explained (see above) KG would be an exceptional pickup but very unlikely. If KG could somehow be picked up with maybe Brown and picks we would be a definite contender in the league.

C:Dikembe Mutombo-Mutombo is old but still is a veteran center and knows how to play the game. Would be a great back up for Bynum.

~My offseason hopefuls~

Well now you've seen the probable and potentially possible offseason moves. Heres my offseason hopefuls which will probbaly never come true Sad

1.Sign C Webb for Minimum 1-2 yrs.

2.Billups opts out of his contracts and signs for MLE 3-4 yrs.

3.Sign and deal with Minnesota and Rahsard Lewis. Sign Lewis to 2 year MLE and then package Lewis, Vlad Rad, Brown, and some picks over to Minnesota for KG

4.Resign Walton, Parker, and Turiaf

5.Send Farmar to D-League to sharpen up his skills.

6.Sign Charlie Bell for the minimum

7.Package Mihm and Williams for some draft picks

So this will be the lineup

PG:Billups/Parker/Bell
SG:Bryant/Evans/Vujacic
SF:Odom/Walton
PF:Garnett/Cook/Webber
C:Bynum/Turiaf

In some cases Webber and Garnett can play both PF and C.

So thats my lineup for the offseason tell me what everyone thinks and what changes you would make!
lakersforthewin

Postby MikeDead on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Rumor is Billups is considering Memphis
MikeDead
ClubCeltics.com Administrator

Postby wavy on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:05 am

this how i see this. if i'm not mistaken our MLE is 6 millions if i'm not mistaken. now why would chauncey leave detroit that is paying him 6M an come to LA for the same amount of money, IMO if he opts out he will ask for more money maube 8 or 10M.

second i don't think webber is leaving the pistons, but if he is i surely hope he will become a laker.

third mutombo is 41 if i'm not mistaken and i don't think he's gonna leave the rockets (if he doesen't retire)
wavy

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:39 am

That would NEVER EVER 100% not happen but it does look nice. :mhihi:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby GCMD on Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:28 am

LO/Mihm/McKie/ 2007 1st rnd pick + LA's 2007 2nd rnd pick

for

JO/Marquis Daniels

Worth a try...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Re: Probable offseason moves and potentially possible moves

Postby Klewfish on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:35 am

lakersforthewin wrote:PG:Chauncey Billups-Billups making around 6 mil per year, with opt out option this offseason. If lakers somehow pick him up with MLE it makes the team a serious contender.

Why would Chauncey opt out of a contract, to come here for less money? Unrealistic thinking.

SF:Jerry Stackhouse/Desmond Mason/Rashard Lewis-All 3 of these players are veterans, can score, and are good teammates. If we pick up Billups though, expect no changes in the SF lineup unless we shorten the years of MLE for Billups.

How would shortening the years on an MLE contract for Billups (which isn't going to happen) help us get one of these guys?

And once again, why would Rashard Lewis opt out of his contract of $10 mil, to sign for the MLE? C'mon man, you gotta be smarter than that.

PF:Chris Webber/Kevin Garnett-C Webb already explained (see above) KG would be an exceptional pickup but very unlikely. If KG could somehow be picked up with maybe Brown and picks we would be a definite contender in the league.

Why would CWebb leave Detroit. Only way I see it happening is if Chauncey leaves. KG cannot be picked up with just Brown due to salary reasons, and WHY would Minnesota trade KG for Brown. If that's all it took to get KG, don't you think other teams would be offering better packages for his services? It would take a miracle for us to not have to give up Odom for him, but in any realistic scenario, if KG comes, a minimum of Odom/Brown/ draft picks leave.

C:Dikembe Mutombo-Mutombo is old but still is a veteran center and knows how to play the game. Would be a great back up for Bynum.

He isn't leaving Houston. period.

~My offseason hopefuls~

Well now you've seen the probable

Try impossible. 1. Because they are all completely unrealistic, and 2. Image
None of those are ever going to happen outside of a video game.

and potentially possible offseason moves. Heres my offseason hopefuls which will probably never come true Sad

Try "positively never".

1.Sign C Webb for Minimum 1-2 yrs.- Not happening

2.Billups opts out of his contracts and signs for MLE 3-4 yrs.- Already explained above why this has no chance of happening

3.Sign and deal with Minnesota and Rahsard Lewis. Sign Lewis to 2 year MLE and then package Lewis, Vlad Rad, Brown, and some picks over to Minnesota for KG- Where does this other MLE come from if we are spending one on Billups? Either way it doesn't matter cause neither Billups or Shard would come for MLE

4.Resign Walton, Parker, and Turiaf- Only reasonable thing you've said

5.Send Farmar to D-League to sharpen up his skills.- Won't happen, he'll be backing up Smush next season.... again

6.Sign Charlie Bell for the minimum- Once again, unrealistic thinking. He's put up impressive numbers, he will command more than the minimum

7.Package Mihm and Williams for some draft picks- Who is going to trade a draft pick for a guy who hasn't played in 1 1/2 years, and a guy who's just getting back into the NBA?

So this will be the lineup

PG:Billups/Parker/Bell
SG:Bryant/Evans/Vujacic
SF:Odom/Walton
PF:Garnett/Cook/Webber
C:Bynum/Turiaf

This will be the lineup next season

PG: Smush/Farmar/Sasha
SG: Kobe/Evans
SF: Luke/Vlad
PF: Odom/Turiaf/Cook
C: Kwame/Bynum/ and possibly Mihm

throw in our draft pick somewhere in there, and hope for the best.

In some cases Webber and Garnett can play both PF and C.

So thats my lineup for the offseason tell me what everyone thinks and what changes you would make!

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby LUUUKE on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:07 pm

your scenario is 100% impossible..

will never EVER happen..

we'd be lucky to get at least 1 of those players you mentioned
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas