PTI says Prince and Hamilton

Re: PTI says Prince and Hamilton

Postby Whatthef? on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Artest to Detroit? Remember that little riot he caused? I don't think so!
Whatthef?

Postby kray28 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:OMG, if it's doable, we need to swap Ariza/Artest. That would cure it all IMO. Ariza was the perfect fit for this team.

We are going for broke this year and maybe next year. We can give up 1st rounds picks.

DO IT MITCH!!

If Ron has to go....getting Trevor back is really the best case scenario, but I doubt every much that the Hornets are going to go out of their way to help us on this.

The best trade is no trade. Phil needs to talk to Ron and get him to buy back into the program.
kray28

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:19 pm

24's Empire wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:
24's Empire wrote:too bad i know exactly how it works. I am just repeating what PTI is saying and it's out best idea for keeping a team for title contention.

I understand you have to be near a percentage of player salaries, what like 5%? I've been watching the NBA for near 20 years now youngin.

Why are you asking us what the percentage is if you "know exactly how it works"? :man10: :man10: :man10:

Under the current CBA a team that's over the cap can take on up to 125% + $100,000 of the salaries that they're dealing away. However this is only for a simultaneous trade. In a non-simultaneous trade the limit gets knocked down to 100% + $100,000 and the team is also only allowed to deal away a single player. Of course I don't need to explain the differences between a simultaneous and a non-simultaneous trade to you since after all, "you know exactly how it works".

If you actually knew how the cap works the first thing out of your mouth in this thread would have been "PTI is F'in stupid" instead of you claiming that said trade was/is "our best bet".

lol you must have no friends. I know how it works son, I just forgot the percentages and have to look them up. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Ahh yes, the ole "you know more than I do and I'm salty that I was wrong so you must not have any friends" argument. What a brilliant comeback on your part. But hey, "you just forgot the percentages" right? I mean you were pretty close after all with your guess of 5%. You were only off by about 120% + $100,000.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby nameant on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm

This is the best thread on CL right now. :man10:
nameant

Postby leakbrewergator on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:12 pm

24's Empire wrote:
lol you must have no friends. I know how it works son, I just forgot the percentages and have to look them up. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Man I was getting ready to defend you and tell everyone they were being a little bit too mean. After reading this, though........carry on.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Rip is almost done. Prince is nice. He's not quite the defender Ron is, but still very good. He's also better offensively.

I wouldn't take it only because of how much older the Lakers get really when they replace Shannon with Rip. Also, contracts don't seem to match at all in my head.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby captainhoop on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:59 pm

No way Lakers trade Shannon. No way Pistons would ever want Artest after the whole brawl incident.
HUGE LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN & BASKETBALL CARD COLLECTOR!
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR MY TRADELIST.

captainhoop

Postby tmpl924 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:15 pm

I wouldnt trade Artest back for Ariza anyday. Ariza has played horribly since he left, he cant shoot and isnt much of a defender at SF. I will always remember Kobe having to slide up to Sf to guard players like Pierce, Lj, Melo because Ariza was too small to D them up. Artest's size allows kobe to play and help in the back court. Artest is what 6'8 260, close to LJ/Melo and could slide to PF if needed, Ariza and most Sfs are about 210-220.There is no way Ariza would attempt to cover Lj or Wade. We lost in 08 because Bynum was hurt and Ariza was just coming back from injury. Kobe had to slide to Sf allowing asha to play Sg, Sasha's D was the worst we have had. He single handledly lost us a game against Bos in 08 when 32 year old Allen blew by him for a lay up at the end of the game. Sasha should had never been in the game and he only shoot well that one season, than we gave him a stupid contract and kept him around too long, just like Luke and Vlad Rad. We lacked size at the Sf position and Artest covers it well, when he wants to. In 2010 game 7 I am gad we had Artest and not Ariza. I think once Barnes comes back he and Artest will be fine for the play offs. Kobe, Fisher will be fine with Brown being athletic and Blake learning the system, he trains with his MME friends, and is a fiesty little pg. What concerns me is lack of depth of bigs. Bynum gets injured or when he is out it forces gasol to play out of position at C. We need a back up C/PF with some youth who Phil will play...

Too many of these trade ideas make no sense because no one is going to take our garbage for a diamond. Id love Wallace or Gay and Conley but its not happening. I wish we had traded for Cp3 when we had a chance, kinda. The Hornets wanted to move him for Bynum but wanted us to take Okafur. Looking at his numbers we should had jumped all over that and made them take on luke. Okafur is at least playing healthy and Cp3 is a all star you build your team around. People said we dont need a pg like Cp3 in the triangle but if you can get a pg like cp3 and the triangle isnt working, hang it up and play something new Phil. I am sure Cp3, Kobe, Gasol and Okafur would had figured out a system and cp3 can create, play D and could had become the future of the team. Also teach the team to play against the ZONE...Phil doesn't like to coach much during the games. He has been laid back too much to often, playing strange line ups, like luke or instead or subbing out a starter or 2 he will play the whole bench, at times, and dig a hole to big to climb out of. Either Kobe or Gasol and another starter should be in at any given time..
tmpl924

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas