PTI says Prince and Hamilton

PTI says Prince and Hamilton

Postby 24's Empire on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 am

I don't care if this will get locked I just want it to be known and not get lost deep in a threat. This is our most realistic option:

Tayshaun and Rip Hamilton for Ron and Shannon. I'm sure Luke's expiring contract will be there too and maybe a rookie.

I'll take that in a heart beat.

At least one of these guys at this point.
Last edited by 24's Empire on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24's Empire

Re: PTI says Prince and Hamilton

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:50 am

We don't need near the end players. We need youth and athleticism.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby GNC on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:51 am

24's Empire wrote:I'm sure Luke's expiring contract will be there too and maybe a rookie.

Luke isn't expiring.. and I am not sure why anyone would take him off our hands.

and those numbers don't work at all. prince + hamilton make a combined 23 mil.

Artest + shannon + luke make around 14 mil.
GNC

Postby kray28 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:51 am

I love it when people who have no clue about how NBA trades work, decide to chime in with their two cents.
kray28

Postby nameant on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:54 am

Losing Shannon would mean losing the ounce of athleticism we have left. I haven't seen Rip play in forever but I saw Tayshaun play not too long ago and he looked like a shadow of his former self.
nameant

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:54 am

24's Empire wrote:I don't care if this will get locked I just want it to be known and not get lost deep in a threat. This is our most realistic option:

TayShawn and Rip Hamilton for Ron and Shannon. I'm sure Luke's expiring contract will be there too and maybe a rookie.

OP FAIL @ understanding how the salary cap works. Also does not know how to spell Tayshaun's first name.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby 24's Empire on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:55 am

too bad i know exactly how it works. I am just repeating what PTI is saying and it's out best idea for keeping a team for title contention.

I understand you have to be near a percentage of player salaries, what like 5%? I've been watching the NBA for near 20 years now youngin.
24's Empire

Postby BadCoaching on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:56 am

rofl @ thread

Then the cat chimes in and defends the stupidity. :man10:
BadCoaching

Postby GNC on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:56 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:OP FAIL @ understanding how the salary cap works.

Not knowing how the salary cap works isn't a big issue in my opinion (even though there is almost 10 million in salary cap difference). But thinking Luke is an expiring contract well that is kind of bewildering :lukeface:
GNC

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 am

^ By adding old players who've already won? I don't see any motivation from those players.

We have to go after players in their prime who have not won yet. Those are the most effect players.

Last year Ron. This year Matt. We need to go after Gerald Wallace.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby 24's Empire on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
24's Empire wrote:I don't care if this will get locked I just want it to be known and not get lost deep in a threat. This is our most realistic option:

TayShawn and Rip Hamilton for Ron and Shannon. I'm sure Luke's expiring contract will be there too and maybe a rookie.

OP FAIL @ understanding how the salary cap works. Also does not know how to spell Tayshaun's first name.

My bad thought I did spell it Tayshaun. Slipped. The point of this being is they can get 1. This was our most realistic option to get SOMEONE. I know exactly how the salary cap works and who you can trade after what date after they sign a contract. I've been watching this league for nearly 20 years now.
24's Empire

Postby 24's Empire on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 am

GNC wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:OP FAIL @ understanding how the salary cap works.

Not knowing how the salary cap works isn't a big issue in my opinion (even though there is almost 10 million in salary cap difference). But thinking Luke is an expiring contract well that is kind of bewildering :lukeface:

Thole whole time I was thiking Luke as in his 5th year of his deal after he signed after the game 7 with PHX.
24's Empire

Postby nameant on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:59 am

How many years have you been watching this league again?
nameant

Postby 24's Empire on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:00 pm

BadCoaching wrote:rofl @ thread

Then the cat chimes in and defends the stupidity. :man10:

You truly are an idiot huh? Chime in with something important.

Obviously you didn't read anything. Can you even read bro? The Lakers should get one of these guys if anything.
24's Empire

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:00 pm

kray28 wrote:I love it when people who have no clue about how NBA trades work, decide to chime in with their two cents.
D.B. Cooper

Postby 24's Empire on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:01 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:
kray28 wrote:I love it when people who have no clue about how NBA trades work, decide to chime in with their two cents.

too bad i know exactly how it works. I am just repeating what PTI is saying and it's out best idea for keeping a team for title contention.

I understand you have to be near a percentage of player salaries, what like 5%? I've been watching the NBA for near 20 years now youngin.
24's Empire

Postby AvenLarue on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:02 pm

What the hell is this?
AvenLarue

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:03 pm

dont want Hamilton and Det wants more for Prince then artest since he's expiring....they also dont need Brown they have Gordon and Stucky
khmrP

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 pm

For you trade experts who know this stuff, is there any way for us to swap Ariza for Artest? I mean in tems of just the numbers, etc assuming that both teams would want to do it?
Lets Go Lakers

Postby kray28 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:07 pm

AvenLarue wrote:What the hell is this?

Poor guy looking for some attention.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:For you trade experts who know this stuff, is there any way for us to swap Ariza for Artest? I mean in tems of just the numbers, etc assuming that both teams would want to do it?

Yes....we could essentially swap them, they basically signed the same MLE deals.

Of course, NO would need to be interested. I don't think they are...
kray28

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 pm

24's Empire wrote:too bad i know exactly how it works. I am just repeating what PTI is saying and it's out best idea for keeping a team for title contention.

Why are you asking us what the percentage is if you "know exactly how it works"? :man10: :man10: :man10:

Under the current CBA a team that's over the cap can take on up to 125% + $100,000 of the salaries that they're dealing away. However this is only for a simultaneous trade. In a non-simultaneous trade the limit gets knocked down to 100% + $100,000 and the team is also only allowed to deal away a single player. Of course I don't need to explain the differences between a simultaneous and a non-simultaneous trade to you since after all, "you know exactly how it works".

If you actually knew how the cap works the first thing out of your mouth in this thread would have been "PTI is F'in stupid" instead of you claiming that said trade was/is "our best bet".
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:For you trade experts who know this stuff, is there any way for us to swap Ariza for Artest? I mean in tems of just the numbers, etc assuming that both teams would want to do it?

you can do straight up but I"m sure NOH would want incentives to do so, so I guess adding another pick to entice them.
khmrP

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 pm

OMG, if it's doable, we need to swap Ariza/Artest. That would cure it all IMO. Ariza was the perfect fit for this team.

We are going for broke this year and maybe next year. We can give up 1st rounds picks.

DO IT MITCH!!
Lets Go Lakers

Postby 24's Empire on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:11 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
24's Empire wrote:too bad i know exactly how it works. I am just repeating what PTI is saying and it's out best idea for keeping a team for title contention.

Why are you asking us what the percentage is if you "know exactly how it works"? :man10: :man10: :man10:

Under the current CBA a team that's over the cap can take on up to 125% + $100,000 of the salaries that they're dealing away. However this is only for a simultaneous trade. In a non-simultaneous trade the limit gets knocked down to 100% + $100,000 and the team is also only allowed to deal away a single player. Of course I don't need to explain the differences between a simultaneous and a non-simultaneous trade to you since after all, "you know exactly how it works".

If you actually knew how the cap works the first thing out of your mouth in this thread would have been "PTI is F'in stupid" instead of you claiming that said trade was/is "our best bet".

lol you must have no friends. I know how it works son, I just forgot the percentages and have to look them up. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
24's Empire

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas