Race for a PG

Race for a PG

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:40 pm

It seems that there is a race for a PG.

Ideas... a lot. Possibilities... some. Good for all Teams involved... opinion of each.

I liked Ray Felton, I prefer him over Steve Blake on last year, but Blake seemed more a Phil Jackson's fit at that time. I am not sure if Ray Felton could be a real possibility on this year.

Indiana has 2 PG's like Darren Collison and George Hill, I like both. They are very different between them, Collison can score and Hill is a tall PG.

OJ Mayo, I know that he is not a true PG, but I think that he is talented, and he would be a good addition in the backcourt close to Kobe.

Of course... Deron Williams... BIGGER WORDS!! If he doesn´t want to re-new his contract... I would love having him. I am not sure if could be a similar trade than the one attempted with Chris Paul (with Pau Gasol and/or other Team involved).

Rodney Stuckey signed an extension with Detroit, so... no possible.

There are veterans like Baron Davis and Gilbert Arenas (not a true PG either). Difficult to say... for a lot of things... I think that they can be a good addition in a contender Team already made, but not a key factor in a "New Project". I see them like good additions in other kind of project.

I loved Russell Westbrook too, but... nearly impossible.

Let's see.

Go Lakers !!
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Re: Race for a PG

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:36 pm

How do you plan the Lakers to go get these players? I would think we could use our TPE but Mitch may be saving that for Howard.
XXIV

Re: Race for a PG

Postby Ryan0310 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:32 am

Hell yeh I think arenas would be a great back up for fisher or even 2guard position,he still played ok with the magic and plus with 2 7footers he can be very good on pick and rolls and lob passes!!.his always played good in LA..I don't think he can afford to be stupid around Metta,Barnes and Kobe!!
Ryan0310

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas