Rondo to LA idea

Rondo to LA idea

Postby sho on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

It's a combination of a few different rumors

LAL gets Josh Smith and Rondo

Atl gets Pau and Metta

Boston gets Devin Harris and Devin Ebanks

Atl does this to get Pau back in time for the play offs and give them a nice upsurge in energy and experience for a play off push and would potentially allow them to have the best front court in the East with Horford and Pau inside. Korver playing the three to stretch the floor. Plus gives them a solid defender in Metta to go against the likes of Melo and LBJ in play off series. In the short term, MWP can man the 4 until Pau gets back.

Boston needs a PG after Barbosa and Rondo's injuries. They get Harris, and make a run this year. He can distribute the ball on a veteran gritty team. If it fails, he can walk at the end of the season and Boston can start shopping PP and KG for the rebuild process. They lose nothing for this season, get a young wing and a PG to give it another shot and if they do OK can resign Harris in the off-season. Plus, I'm not sure when the tax penalty is calculated, but if it's at the end of the season, Boston would shave enough off their salary to go from a payer in the revenue sharing system to a recipient.

LAL gets the PG of the future and gets what Jim Buss wants with a new version of Showtime starting next season. Rondo at Point, Kobe, Earl Clark, Josh Smith and Dwight starting. Nash, Meeks, and Hill providing energy and experience for the second unit with a couple of FA pick-ups.
sho

Re: Rondo to LA idea

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 am

Boston gets a big old slap in the face.

Rondo for... Devin Harris???
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerFan1980 on Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 pm

I love that trade but Boston will want more players. Maybe we could throw in Nash. Nash, KG and Pierce for one last run.
WE PAY CASH FOR HOUSES
424-216-8525
LakerFan1980

Postby Avenged24 on Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Wow.. We would suck so hard.. No shooting whatsoever.. Getting the big names is not always the best idea -- we should know that by now.
Avenged24

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm

I don't know what to say, but I feel a little dumber having to think about that trade idea. Simply will not happen
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Mookie on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:14 pm

How about now? Rondo to LA
Mookie

Postby nduri on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Just throwing it out there, I think either team would pick up the phone on this one considering what both teams are talking about at the moment.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lzlpkpz

Anthony and Shumpert for Gasol and Meeks. I think it can happen, and probably should happen as long as we hold on to our picks. The addition of Shump will tend to lessen my concerns about the addition of Anthony, as he's a very good fit into this system (it seems that the front office is dead set on bringing him in regardless.) Again, I don't hate the idea, as long as we get someone to fill particular needs and draft well and keep our bench together as much as possible. Anthony, Bryant and D'antoni alone don't spell Championship IMO.
Back at'cha 24-7
nduri

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:33 pm

There's no way New York just throws in Shumpert in a trade like that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm

They are not going to trade us Melo if all they are going to get are Pau and jodie, even if Pau has a huge expiring contract. NYK can get a lot more for melo and still get expiring contracts.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas