Roy? A Smokescreen?

Roy? A Smokescreen?

Postby LUUUKE on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:31 pm

who thinks that Roy is another Smokescreen just like Gerald Green was used last year to be a smokescreen by the Lakers..

Who do u think we might draft instead if we get the 4th pick?
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby Rabbit on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:44 pm

I'd love Foye on this club. I think he'd be even a better fit than Roy, he's more of a pure PG. I really hope we take him. I think he could make a Wade, Ben Gordon, or Chris Paul type impact year one.
KB8@CL wrote:In Buss I trust.

Rabbit

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:52 pm

I THOUGHT ABOUT IT IT COULD BE TO ME THERES no1 i think better to get then roy with the 4th pick we get it morrison/?thomas?
PurpleNGold1

Postby lakerfanimal on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:52 pm

bargnani

mitch is the type of gm who wud tak bargnani.
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby Rabbit on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:05 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:bargnani

I think Toronto will take him. Their front office all has connections with him.

Rabbit

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:57 pm

:bang: unfortunetly.

I dunno whether ROy is a smoke screen. I don´t believe its one to be honest. Roy is a lock top 7 pick and we pick at 26. SO either Mitch is pretty sure he casn trade up and draft someone else beside Roy or he is just dumb because Roy is not in our range anyway. On the other hand he is REALLY a great triangle fit. I could imagine Phil fallin in love with his great decision making, post up ability and very good court vision.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Mark McNamara on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:45 pm

If not Roy, maybe Morrison. His shooting is exactly what we lacked, especially in games 6 and 7 vs the Suns. He also has a good amount of college experience, seems to be a smart player and looks ready to play now, big plus for Phil. We're also in the market for a SF, so he'd fill a need right away. Right now it looks unlikely he'll go in the top 3, so we'd have a chance to get him at 4 or even later.
Last edited by Mark McNamara on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark McNamara

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:50 pm

We need two way players, period. Morrison doesn´t have the D, no way would I want him.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:00 am

KB8@CL wrote:We need two way players, period. Morrison doesn´t have the D, no way would I want him.

True, but I'm not sure if there's any one player that's attainable that would satisfy our needs on both ends....

Morrison would be a great addition I think. I can't bear to watch any more bricks like Luke/Smush/Cook were throwing up while wide open when Kobe or LO drew the double. If we had a shooter like Morrison we would have won easily. True, our defense failed us too, but we did pretty good at the end of the season and the start of the playoffs.....it's not like Morrison would be any worse than Luke on D. His positives outweigh his negatives.
Mark McNamara

Postby Blkhorse on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:01 am

i wouldn't mind getting morrison, but since he plays no D, i'll pass. i think he would flourish in seattle. especially if rashard lewis is no longer with them.
Blkhorse

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:07 am

I agree that he would have helped us, no question but what about Rudy Gay? an excellent defender with a nice offensive game. I mean IMO Rudy Gay has far more ingredients to be great than Adam Morrison. Or a guy like Sheldon Williams who would immediately fill a gap at PF and provide the much needed shot blocking and defense at 4. If we want to win it all we have to make sure to have 2 way players. Our only 2 way player on this roster is Kobe.

And getting Morrison means we have to play Morrison at SF and Lamar at PF and IMO the combination is terrible. If you have Lamar at PF you need a Josh Howard type of player at SF. But Lamar and Morrison are going to be exploited. Either you play Lamar at SF or you better have some toughness at SF if you play Lamar in the front court. If we had Elton Brand at PF, I would have loved Morrison. But tobe honest I´m not sure Lamar and Morrison would provide the defense we need to be a good defensive team. Lamar at PF toward the end of the season worked because he faced small players. Agaianst Memphis, SA, Minny, Utah, Clippers, Indy, Detroit and so on it doesn´t work that well. Its just a personal opinion of mine.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Tank on Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:26 am

Mark McNamara wrote:If not Roy, maybe Morrison. His shooting is exactly what we lacked, especially in games 6 and 7 vs the Suns. He also has a good amount of college experience, seems to be a smart player and looks ready to play now, big plus for Phil. We're also in the market for a SF, so he'd fill a need right away. Right now it looks unlikely he'll go in the top 3, so we'd have a chance to get him at 4 or even later.
With Morrison at 3 and Odom at 4 our defense would get MURDERED. Trading up to draft another definsive liability would be a super retarded move.
Frank The Tank

Postby Flatlyner on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:41 am

KB8@CL wrote:
And getting Morrison means we have to play Morrison at SF and Lamar at PF and IMO the combination is terrible. If you have Lamar at PF you need a Josh Howard type of player at SF. But Lamar and Morrison are going to be exploited. Either you play Lamar at SF or you better have some toughness at SF if you play Lamar in the front court. If we had Elton Brand at PF, I would have loved Morrison. But tobe honest I´m not sure Lamar and Morrison would provide the defense we need to be a good defensive team. Lamar at PF toward the end of the season worked because he faced small players. Agaianst Memphis, SA, Minny, Utah, Clippers, Indy, Detroit and so on it doesn´t work that well. Its just a personal opinion of mine.

Well said and I agree, while Morrison shoots lights out, he is a liability on Defense. However, the player he reminds me of is Glen Rice, who we ended up winning a championship with. So, there is something to be said about a strictly offensive player. That being said, I would jump all over Roy before Morrison.

Although, Morrisons workouts are becoming more and more prolific. This kid can shoot.
Flatlyner

Postby wavy on Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:44 am

are we getting the 4th pick or you're just assuming we gonna get it.
wavy

Postby revgen on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:37 pm

KB8@CL wrote:We need two way players, period. Morrison doesn´t have the D, no way would I want him.

Rookies are not typically good at D when they first enter the league. The only rookie I've seen in recent years who could really play D his first year was Q. Ross with the Clippers.

Granted Morrison is pretty slow, but I think his IQ is high enough to learn how to rotate properly in a team defense, unlike Smush, Cook, or Kwame.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Lakers#1fan on Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:44 pm

who has the #4 pick and how are we going to get such a high pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lakers#1fan

Postby Rabbit on Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:52 pm

Morrison= :hurl:
God I will be pissed if we take that lunatic. He is the original smelly kid in class.

Rabbit

Postby Still A Dynasty on Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:59 am

Rabbit wrote:Morrison= :hurl:
God I will be pissed if we take that lunatic. He is the original smelly kid in class.

but smelly because he works his rear off on the court...hell id love if we drafted morrison. roy over morrison yes, but morrison would complement kobe very very well.
Still A Dynasty

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:13 am

revgen wrote:

Rookies are not typically good at D when they first enter the league. The only rookie I've seen in recent years who could really play D his first year was Q. Ross with the Clippers.

Granted Morrison is pretty slow, but I think his IQ is high enough to learn how to rotate properly in a team defense, unlike Smush, Cook, or Kwame.

ya rookies are not supposed to play great D, yet they should have the desire, the fundamentals and the defensive instincts. Morrison has absolutely nothing to develop in that regard. He doesn´t have the mentality, the ingredients or the talent to play D.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby gng930 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:30 am

Tyrus and Gay would be my picks.
gng930

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:57 am

gng930 wrote:Tyrus and Gay would be my picks.

Tyrus doesn´t seem to be a competetive guy..he is a sissy
Gay is great :jam2:
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Dizzmal on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:10 am

KB8@CL wrote:

:bang: unfortunetly.

I dunno whether ROy is a smoke screen. I don´t believe its one to be honest. Roy is a lock top 7 pick and we pick at 26. SO either Mitch is pretty sure he casn trade up and draft someone else beside Roy or he is just dumb because Roy is not in our range anyway. On the other hand he is REALLY a great triangle fit. I could imagine Phil fallin in love with his great decision making, post up ability and very good court vision.

Exactly. Roy could potentialy be an impact player. He could be what our vision of what Aaron McKie would be for this team last offseason, only younger, more atheletic and more skilled. He automatically deepens our back court both 1 and 2, not to mention can swing at the 3 at times as well.
Dizzmal

Postby LUUUKE on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:34 am

answer this

will roy have an impact just like chris paul gave an impact?
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:16 pm

LUUUKE wrote:answer this

will roy have an impact just like chris paul gave an impact?

This years draft is not as good as last year. Yes he would give immediate impact, yet in won´t match Pauls impact on NO.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:20 pm

Yeah, um, exactly.

Who will the Lakers give up to get this 4th pick if it were to ever happen?

That may help answer this oddly anachronistic question.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas