Rubio, He won;t pay n Min so why don't we make a deal?

Rubio, He won;t pay n Min so why don't we make a deal?

Postby tmpl924 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 am

Min has some needs. Rubio would blow rondo away and leaad up in the future. Put together a nice package and we have a pg next yr for the next 15 yrs...

Or D will since he will be out of Utah, they are willing to move him. if we get him and Al we plug the C and trade bynum, brown, youth and picks
tmpl924

Re: Rubio, He won;t pay n Min so why don't we make a deal?

Postby LAKEROC on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:33 am

You never trade big for small(unless your trading Steve Blake for Dwight Howard). I love Rubio, and think he will be a star, and I think LA is the perfect fit for him. I would give Blake(or Brown)/ Ratliff(or Smith), Luke Walton and 2 first rounders for Rubio
LAKEROC

Postby ragesince1516 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:10 am

LAKEROC you wouldn't trade Bynum for Paul?
As good as anybody, much much better than most.
ragesince1516

Postby Larry14r on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:04 pm

annnnn wrote:LAKEROC you wouldn't trade Bynum for Paul?

Unless we get a big back with Paul. Also Paul might not work in the triangle offense because PG's never work in this system.
Larry14r

Postby captainhoop on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Rubio is not doing so well playing overseason right now. I would not want him on my team unless Minny was dumb enough to take Walton, either Caracter or Ebanks, and a future 1st Round Draft Pick. Rubio could end up like Thabeet, so no point in breaking the bank for him and trading someone good.
HUGE LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN & BASKETBALL CARD COLLECTOR!
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR MY TRADELIST.

captainhoop

Postby tmpl924 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:13 am

Paul was coming with Okufar's contract and he has been playing good this season. As for Paul dont fit the triangle, i am sure Phil culd work p some new offense or change. You dont need size to win. Paul a proven allstar, Kobe and gaso would be better than Bynum in that. Bynum and Gasol need to watch tape of Duncan and Robinson...

Anyways I think we need to get Rubio, he is the future proven PG, he has been playing his whole ife and is amazing. I think with Min give them Ebanks or Charac, future picks. We have a good trade relationship with Min, ast i knew. They are ready to move him because flynn is good and Rubio ade it clear. I know he would sign with LA and we woud have him at the vet Min with Bynum, that could ead us to the future, if Bynum doesnt become Yao/oden...

id like to see a blockbuster deal. Even Gasol if we got Love but lets not get greedy, a few tweaks. We need a Back up C or SF and move artest. How about Rubio, Koufos or even darko, or if we go for sf johnson or webster for Brown, Ebanks or Chara and if we get a sf artest or barnes. Or simply one of our rookies/brown, picks /cash
tmpl924

Postby artuditu on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:12 am

Rubio is a player that really would need development and strong support from a patient, paternalistic and experienced coach, someone like Popovich, and definitely not someone like Phil. Don't bring him if you're expecting an instant all-star or if you're going to play him 10 minutes per game.

He's also not good fit for the triangle.
artuditu

Postby Phil XI on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:42 pm

tmpl924 wrote:Paul was coming with Okufar's contract

@tmpl924
You've stated this in multiple posts. Link to Mitch turned this down?
This is like NYC sewer gators... pure urban myth.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby artuditu on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 am

I would want to clarify some prejudices about european basketball and defense.

Europe uses more zone defense and less one-to-one defense, true... EXCEPT for the point guards. For the zone defense to work the PG has always to be aggresively defended by the opposite PG, many times a PG in Europe finds difficulties even at bringing the ball down the court because of harsh one-to-one defense.

There are europeans PG that are bad defenders? Sure. But many people are expecting Rubio to be a horrendouse defender just because he is European. Rubio is a phenomenal stealer, how could someone be a great stealer and not at least a good defender? I'm sure in the NBA Rubio would get more steals and not less, thanks to the whole team doing more one-to-one defense.

I would be mostly concerned about his shooting, and not about his defense, and definitely not about his passing abilities or his court vision.

Although some should remember there are 40%FG point guards that have had notable success as long as they put many assists and other tangibles, such as prime Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Jason Kidd, and even Billups, they aren't the greatest PGs, nor big leaders, but they have all been All Stars. Or today Felton is a highly regarded young PG despite mostly shooting 40%.
artuditu

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas