Is Russell Westbrook an option?

Re: Is Russell Westbrook an option?

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:47 am

only chance of this happening is signing him through free agency when he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Thunder can offer him the most money. But we're the Lakers. Should be fun to see how this plays out. I know for sure a lot of ppl thought Westbrook went too high...it's funny cuz he might be just as good as Derrick Rose and OJ Mayo when it's all said and done, if not better.
FabFourLakers

Postby khmrP on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:50 am

Westbrook could be had but NOT for that package Lakeroc mentioned....I think Minus Kobe we actually have alot of pieces to trade for other teams star player if we really wanted too.

Odom
Gasol
Bynum

any package of 1 of those 3 with fillers (expiring Ammo/Farmar) could net us just about any disgruntled star out there minus the young/upcoming ones like Durant or something of that line.
khmrP

Postby Radner on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:53 am

MadMax wrote:I think you should buy the Thunder, and then make that trade, LAKEROC.

:man10:
Radner

Postby knm131 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:55 am

Can we move this thread already? If this is allowed as discussion in LD, I have a ton of crazy signing ideas I'd like to discuss with everyone in here.
knm131

Postby icencream27 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:20 am

we have no one on the inside like jwest who helped us out with the gasol trade

ONLY KINGS HAVE RINGS
icencream27

Postby LAKEROC on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:18 pm

I will admit it. I have a pretty big "man crush" on Westbrook. He's just a sick player, who is extremly unselfish, plays exellent defense, has quick hands, and just has a real leader quality about him. I just love this guy to death. I have dreams of Westbrook andf Bynum playing on the Lakers together.

My dream scenarios:

To Oklahoma City:
G-Jordan Farmar
F-Adam Morrison
#1 pick

To Lakers:
G- Russell Westbrook

Then the Lakers do this:
To Houston:
F-Luke walton
2nd round draft pick

To Lakers:
F-Shane Battier

The Lakers then bring up Chinemelu Elonu from Spain.

Roster looks like this:

Westbrook/Fisher/Brown
Bryant/Vujacic
Artest/Battier
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga

Greatest team ever assembled if those two trades went down. We improve our speed, quickness(Westbook), and our basetball IQ and defense(Westbrook/Battier). Never in a million years going to happen, but those two trades put the Lakers in God like territory.
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:50 pm

It's not happening. Especially the way he's been playing.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:49 am

He didn't play that well last game. What did he have 3 points? He also is a turnover machine, but I see so much potential in Russell its not even funny. If you gave me the choice of OJ Mayo or Russell Westbrook, I would take Westbrook over him in a New York Minute. He is exactly what the Lakers need at the point guard position. You also know, Russell would welcome the trade, as he grew up in So. Cal and was a die hard Laker fan growing up.

I bet he and Andrew would be best buddies, they just look they would get along so well together.
LAKEROC

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas