selling jterry on coming to la

selling jterry on coming to la

Postby lakerluv2 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:38 pm

given the lakers have only the 5 million dollar exception to give does anybody think they can sell jterry on coming to la given the lakers have a better coach to get him a ring and a player in kobe who has the ability to close games. plus the fact that laker vs dallas big men isn't much of a differnce. i heard he can only make 8 million
lakerluv2

 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:38 am

Postby Nelo Ice on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:40 pm

doubt jet would leave considering hes a leader of the team if not the leader and plus the mavs are a championship team...they lost this year cuz of the the heat.....i mean the refs
User avatar
Nelo Ice

 
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Postby lakerluv2 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:42 pm

could be but you still have use phil and kobe as selling chips plus the fact what they all could do together plus odom
lakerluv2

 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:38 am

Postby badboyhoward on Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:07 pm

kobe and phil will not be a enough to get j.terry.

at this point this wpould be a step back for him,

dallas is ready to challenge for a title,lakers are not.
badboyhoward

 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:29 pm

Postby ye8r on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:29 pm

If Jason Terry comes to the Lakers, pigs can fly..... :lol:
Image
User avatar
ye8r

 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:06 pm

Postby strikemode14 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:36 pm

I am interested if the Mavs even want Terry back. To be honest a big probelm with them is I believe they have the lowest amount of assists averaged per game last year. :man4: It was either last or close to last. :man4:

They may want to look at getting a pass first PG.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22095
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Postby G on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:42 pm

I think he cost himself in the finals. At the end of Game 6 he looked like a deer in headlights. We'll see...
G

 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Postby Crispy on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:47 pm

wouldnt fit the triangle well, we need a distributor, not a scorer. if it were the jt on the hawks where he avg 7 ast, i would want him. but now hes only avg 3 ast
User avatar
Crispy

 
Posts: 7564
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:11 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby no_dont on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:37 pm

G wrote:I think he cost himself in the finals. At the end of Game 6 he looked like a deer in headlights. We'll see...

He was the only one willing to take big shots. Lets not forget he was blatantly fouled on the last shot.
HO-BE
User avatar
no_dont

 
Posts: 8956
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:25 am
Location: Somewhere rolling around in my wheelchair

Postby G on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:41 pm

no_dont wrote:
G wrote:I think he cost himself in the finals. At the end of Game 6 he looked like a deer in headlights. We'll see...

He was the only one willing to take big shots. Lets not forget he was blatantly fouled on the last shot.


He didn't get fouled during the shot(I can't completely remember, but i'm pretty sure), and sure he's willing, but being willing and maknig them are quite different. Dirk is a loser though, without question. He should be taking all those shots and always seem to...not take them.
G

 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Postby Still A Dynasty on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:42 pm

mahildreth3 wrote:wouldnt fit the triangle well, we need a distributor, not a scorer. if it were the jt on the hawks where he avg 7 ast, i would want him. but now hes only avg 3 ast


you obviously know nothing about the triangle. the pg is not the distributer, Lamar Odom is. Jet would be a great fit. I pray for a pg like Jet. Too bad it wont happen. But its worth a shot.
User avatar
Still A Dynasty

 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: City of Angels

Postby jBL on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:50 pm

Still A Dynasty wrote:
mahildreth3 wrote:wouldnt fit the triangle well, we need a distributor, not a scorer. if it were the jt on the hawks where he avg 7 ast, i would want him. but now hes only avg 3 ast


you obviously know nothing about the triangle. the pg is not the distributer, Lamar Odom is. Jet would be a great fit. I pray for a pg like Jet. Too bad it wont happen. But its worth a shot.


Yup PG in triangle does not necessarily needs to be a distributor, because we have guys like Odom and Walton. He can be the 2nd option and perimeter shooter that we have been desiring for quite long time.
jBL

 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:08 pm

Postby eNlight on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:50 pm

mahildreth3 wrote:wouldnt fit the triangle well, we need a distributor, not a scorer. if it were the jt on the hawks where he avg 7 ast, i would want him. but now hes only avg 3 ast


jterry would be great for the triangle, we can rely on him to hit open shots.
User avatar
eNlight

 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: oC

Postby Staples on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:08 pm

G wrote:I think he cost himself in the finals. At the end of Game 6 he looked like a deer in headlights. We'll see...
I think he raised his stock a little in the finals, he's the main reason they won the first two games.
User avatar
Staples

 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:34 pm

Postby G on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:24 pm

Staples wrote:
G wrote:I think he cost himself in the finals. At the end of Game 6 he looked like a deer in headlights. We'll see...
I think he raised his stock a little in the finals, he's the main reason they won the first two games.


And then they fell apart and lsot 4 in a row. I'm not saying that's Terry's fault, because it isn't, but it's hard to raise your stock when losing. It jsut looked to me like he was really jittery down the stretch. It looked like he was going to dribble a ball off his foot or he was gonig to drop a ball. Didn't look good, IMO.
G

 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Postby Staples on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:42 pm

G wrote:
Staples wrote:
G wrote:I think he cost himself in the finals. At the end of Game 6 he looked like a deer in headlights. We'll see...
I think he raised his stock a little in the finals, he's the main reason they won the first two games.


And then they fell apart and lsot 4 in a row. I'm not saying that's Terry's fault, because it isn't, but it's hard to raise your stock when losing. It jsut looked to me like he was really jittery down the stretch. It looked like he was going to dribble a ball off his foot or he was gonig to drop a ball. Didn't look good, IMO.
I agree with you to some extent, but terry still did better than what many people expected him to do. He scored 30 points or more twice in this series, and imo I think that was enough to trick some gm to giving him a bigger contract.
User avatar
Staples

 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:34 pm

Postby G on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:43 pm

Staples wrote:
G wrote:
Staples wrote:
G wrote:I think he cost himself in the finals. At the end of Game 6 he looked like a deer in headlights. We'll see...
I think he raised his stock a little in the finals, he's the main reason they won the first two games.


And then they fell apart and lsot 4 in a row. I'm not saying that's Terry's fault, because it isn't, but it's hard to raise your stock when losing. It jsut looked to me like he was really jittery down the stretch. It looked like he was going to dribble a ball off his foot or he was gonig to drop a ball. Didn't look good, IMO.
I agree with you to some extent, but terry still did better than what many people expected him to do. He scored 30 points or more twice in this series, and imo I think that was enough to trick some gm to giving him a bigger contract.

Ya, I guess that is true, it only takes one GM to grossly overpay him. Good point.
G

 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Postby 10scott10 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:09 am

ye8r wrote:If Jason Terry comes to the Lakers, pigs can fly..... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWb-Zfb9to&search=flying%20pig
so when is he signing.
Image
User avatar
10scott10

 
Posts: 5974
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: looking for the royal room entrance

Postby High IQ on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:17 am

10scott10 wrote:
ye8r wrote:If Jason Terry comes to the Lakers, pigs can fly..... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWb-Zfb9to&search=flying%20pig
so when is he signing.

:man10:
User avatar
High IQ

 
Posts: 12779
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:05 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:34 am

THATS LIKE ASKING IF YOU WOULD QUIT A $20.00 AN HOUR JOB TO TAKE A $10.00 AN HOUR JOB BECAUSE THE BOSS IS COOL AND HE WATER COOLER DISPENSES VEY COLD WATER
Image
User avatar
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest
 
Posts: 13197
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Where Brooklyn at?

Postby earvinfr on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:15 pm

Can someone tell me how he ranks terry's defense ?
earvinfr

 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: France

Postby Nelo Ice on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:20 pm

High IQ wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
ye8r wrote:If Jason Terry comes to the Lakers, pigs can fly..... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWb-Zfb9to&search=flying%20pig
so when is he signing.

:man10:


:man10: :man10:
User avatar
Nelo Ice

 
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:22 pm

earvinfr wrote:Can someone tell me how he ranks terry's defense ?

average. He is not a greatd defender by any means nor is he a matador. He is not really defensive-minded and doesn´t expand too many energy on D but if he really would put his pride into his D, he can be solid. The problem is that he is not exactly the quickest PG.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55542
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby eNlight on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:43 pm

Nelo Ice wrote:
High IQ wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
ye8r wrote:If Jason Terry comes to the Lakers, pigs can fly..... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWb-Zfb9to&search=flying%20pig
so when is he signing.

:man10:


:man10: :man10:
User avatar
eNlight

 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: oC

Postby simpleomahadude on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:12 pm

HE'S NOT LEAVING DALLAS POINT BLANK , lets not make this into a huge rumor , or blow this out of poportion , lets just kill it while it's still a small idea.

He was two games away from winning a title with the team that he is with now, a few questionable calls plus a couple of made shots could have been all they needed, so he is not going to leave his team, when they were so close, just to come to a rebuilding team with a GM that dosen't know what the hell he is doing lol.
simpleomahadude

 
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:20 pm
Location: Omaha , Nebraska

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.