shane battier

shane battier

Postby heiko on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:29 am

what about this guy? great triangle fit and great defender with solid offense and a high basketball IQ.
memphis has no center that can score (sorry jake) and I think that would be an idea where both teams can win.

perhaps we have to add another player like cook and/or smush.I would do it but I guess jerry likes this guy really much.

banks/sasha
kobe/profit
battier/walton
odom/turiaf
brown/bynum

then draft a PF/C and a PG
great defense and solid offense :jam2:
heiko

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:11 pm

West is in love with Battier. Snowballs chance in hell unless you offer them a great improvement.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LUUUKE on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:21 pm

it's always the new guys
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Re: shane battier

Postby komar on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:29 pm

heiko wrote:what about this guy? great triangle fit and great defender with solid offense and a high basketball IQ.
memphis has no center that can score (sorry jake) and I think that would be an idea where both teams can win.

perhaps we have to add another player like cook and/or smush.I would do it but I guess jerry likes this guy really much.

banks/sasha
kobe/profit
battier/walton
odom/turiaf
brown/bynum

then draft a PF/C and a PG
great defense and solid offense :jam2:

suprised that this is the first mention of this possibility. trust me, this has been discussed. memphis badly needs someone in the middle and needs to give to get. but, yes, it would have to be part of a bigger deal.
komar

Postby MarkMadsen on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:39 pm

Memphis isnt gonna trade Battier, especially for what your offering.
MarkMadsen

Postby Smallz on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:48 pm

shane is one of my favorite players in the league but theres no chance in hell we pry him away from jerry west.
Smallz

Postby Crispy on Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:34 pm

i like battier but i still dont like odom at pf. he needs to be the initiator in the offense and he cant do that at pf. we need to trade mihm for an athletic pf that has a decent post game (better than kwames), runs the floor like BYNUM, and plays solid D
Crispy

Postby Smallz on Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:11 pm

mahildreth3 wrote:i like battier but i still dont like odom at pf. he needs to be the initiator in the offense and he cant do that at pf. we need to trade mihm for an athletic pf that has a decent post game (better than kwames), runs the floor like BYNUM, and plays solid D

theres only a handful of PFs in the league that can do all of that and we won't land any of them for mihm.
Smallz

Postby ZenMaster4President on Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:43 pm

LUUUKE wrote:it's always the new guys

That is getting really annoying. You are not even a year here, and act all veteran. You have nothing to contribute - don't post in the thread.

Don't try to be all GuRu-like with these snide little comments. Its not pretty and not making you (much like GuRu ) look all powerful and good.

ON topic.

Battier would be so good in triangle it isn't funny. Sadly, West loves smart athletic guys who can defend. What a concept.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby heiko on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:12 am

@ ZenMaster4President

I appreciate your comment...there are also friendly users :bow:

I also said that West loves battier, but he already has another smart small forward in Miller (better offense, average defense) and needs a big man.... I didn`t say that a deal with battier and mihm would be a no brainer for memphis but I think we could land him by adding picks or cheap talents
heiko

Postby LUUUKE on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:41 am

ZenMaster4President wrote:

That is getting really annoying. You are not even a year here, and act all veteran. You have nothing to contribute - don't post in the thread.

Don't try to be all GuRu-like with these snide little comments. Its not pretty and not making you (much like GuRu ) look all powerful and good.

ON topic.

Battier would be so good in triangle it isn't funny. Sadly, West loves smart athletic guys who can defend. What a concept.

flame me all u want..flame i will not back
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby A Rush on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:05 am

I'd love to have Battier. I'd gladly offer odom in a trade. Odom for Battier and resigned Lo Wright. See if West is interested. For all West's reputation, he hasn't been exactly lighting it up in Memphis (they haven't even won one freaking playoff game yet). In fact, he has made some truly horrible decisions roster wise (signing/trading for marginal players with overblown, overlong contracts). For all their defense, offense has been a major problem for them and key to them not being able to do anything in the playoffs. They need more of it and they also need another rebounder. Odom could initiate for them, score and rebound. he'd also bring some flash to the otherwise drab Memphis game. With him and Gasol, Memphis would have an interesting and versatile combo. I'd throw in Cook as well to sweeten the deal.

We OTOH get a great defender at the SF spot who can also shoot well. We get a decent PF in Wright who can block some shots and score in double digits when given time.

The trade could also be expanded to odom, Cook and Smush for Battier, Wright and resigned Bobby Jax. West gets another good young scorer in Smush while we get a good vet in Jax to complement the expected signing of Banks.
A Rush

Postby Satan on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:36 am

He's out of our reach and btw, where is the rumor?

We have a thread for groundless trade and free agent ideas:

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30399
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby komar on Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:07 am

Satan wrote:He's out of our reach and btw, where is the rumor?

it ain't groundless blue boy. you tell me one rumor with "grounds." because Petey Vescey says, "Hey you know I was just thinking that something might happen because I was thinking it might", makes it a "groundful" rumor. this idea has more ground than you know. but to make you feel better, I'll write an article on some dopey Web site where anyone can publish and then I will send you the link. grounds. please.
komar

Postby Satan on Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:20 am

komar wrote:

it ain't groundless blue boy. you tell me one rumor with "grounds." because Petey Vescey says, "Hey you know I was just thinking that something might happen because I was thinking it might", makes it a "groundful" rumor. this idea has more ground than you know. but to make you feel better, I'll write an article on some dopey Web site where anyone can publish and then I will send you the link. grounds. please.

I stand corrected, your acute intellectual explanation has dazzled me. Please continue to post your breath-taking diagnosis.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Satan

Postby Smallz on Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:51 am

komar wrote:this idea has more ground than you know.

i wish this was true. i really do.
Smallz

Postby komar on Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:01 pm

Satan wrote:
komar wrote:

I stand corrected, your acute intellectual explanation has dazzled me. Please continue to post your breath-taking diagnosis.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

great. thanks. I misjudged you.
komar

Postby Satan on Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:08 pm

So where is that source again?

Oh wait, that's right, this isn't a rumor.

Satan

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:47 pm

komar wrote:

I am sorry but, with that comment you have just lost all crediblity. :man10: :man10:
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby badboyhoward on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:47 pm

battier hasn't been good since he left duke.

we better leave him in memphis,all we need is kg.
badboyhoward

Postby ZenMaster4President on Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:18 pm

badboyhoward wrote:battier hasn't been good since he left duke.

we better leave him in memphis,all we need is kg.

Huh? Battier hasn't been good? Are you sure its not football you are watching?
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby koolkobe on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:25 am

he's ok but we dont need him
koolkobe

Postby eNlight on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:28 am

ON topic.

oh c'mon new guys are annoying, they're like rookies. like when i first came in everyone was like wow who the hell is this scrub. i got used to it. luuke is like a veteran and he certainly does post a lot these days.
eNlight

Postby PhifeDogg76 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:54 pm

eNlight wrote:

ON topic.

oh c'mon new guys are annoying, they're like rookies. like when i first came in everyone was like wow who the hell is this scrub. i got used to it. luuke is like a veteran and he certainly does post a lot these days.

so i guess what theyre trying to say is that us newbies can be VETERANS in 10 months just because of the amount of posts we provide, LOL

new draft new year
PhifeDogg76

Postby bgeeezy21 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:26 am

So if I post 10 "it's always the new guys" and 10 more "NBL" a day I should be a vet in no time!
40% of the time it works all of the time Shaq shooting free throws!
bgeeezy21

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas