Shelden Williams this offseason

Shelden Williams this offseason

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:46 pm

His stock is low. He's been traded twice now and he's looking like a bust. He's going to be a free agent and it's possible not many people look at him. The Lakers should definitely consider him because I bet they could get him on the cheap with Candance also living in Los Angeles. I think Kareem could work with him and at the very least make him a 15mpg bruiser type. He's a solid rebounder regardless and he'll definitely alter some shots.

I just think of someone like DJ can show flashes after working with Kareem, Shelden can definitely benefit. In his rookie season he averaged 11/10 in April after getting the starting nod (9 games). He can help us.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Re: Shelden Williams this offseason

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:52 pm

If he's available late in the summer I say LA takes a look, but at least at first I think they should stand pat. If they can get back Lamar, Bynum and Pau stay healthy, once again LA has the best big rotation in the NBA. Especially with Mbenga coming for a few minutes here and there and Powell doing the same. I wouldn't want to pick him up too early and use money LA doesn't need to.

But if he's there after Ariza and LO get resigned then I say go for it. It can't hurt.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:57 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I saw somewhere how they might cut him before the play-offs even start, instantly thought about your love for him.

I say do it.

My love for him? This might be the first time I've ever advocated picking him up.

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:10 pm

therealdeal wrote:If he's available late in the summer I say LA takes a look, but at least at first I think they should stand pat. If they can get back Lamar, Bynum and Pau stay healthy, once again LA has the best big rotation in the NBA. Especially with Mbenga coming for a few minutes here and there and Powell doing the same. I wouldn't want to pick him up too early and use money LA doesn't need to.

But if he's there after Ariza and LO get resigned then I say go for it. It can't hurt.

I'm not suggesting we give him big money. He's not going to see big funds anyways, but I guarantee you he'd LOVE to come play for the Lakers and live with his wife and their soon to be child. That's the perfect life. Both ball in Los Angeles for the Buss family, good money, sunshine, etc..

2 years, 4 million? Do it.

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:If he's available late in the summer I say LA takes a look, but at least at first I think they should stand pat. If they can get back Lamar, Bynum and Pau stay healthy, once again LA has the best big rotation in the NBA. Especially with Mbenga coming for a few minutes here and there and Powell doing the same. I wouldn't want to pick him up too early and use money LA doesn't need to.

I'm not suggesting we give him big money. He's not going to see big funds anyways, but I guarantee you he'd LOVE to come play for the Lakers and live with his wife and their soon to be child. That's the perfect life. Both ball in Los Angeles for the Buss family, good money, sunshine, etc..

Agreed. But why has he been on the downhill slide?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:16 pm

^^can't even get time over Mikki Moore....that alone should raise some alarm
khmrP

Postby Larry14r on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:32 pm

khmrP wrote:^^can't even get time over Mikki Moore....that alone should raise some alarm

Yeah, but family and fatherhood trumps all that.
Larry14r

Postby rambo22 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Sounds good maybe if they work wit him he might do somethangs for us
rambo22

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri May 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Josh Powell is a better player. Pass
Savory Griddles

Postby dane99 on Sun May 24, 2009 10:44 am

Savory Griddles wrote:Josh Powell is a better player. Pass
u know i don't think so Powell cant do a thing he is too small to play the 4 and too slow to play the 3, not a good re bounder of a defender Sheldon is a strong and has a similar game to a Chuck Hayes.
dane99

Postby Larry14r on Sun May 24, 2009 10:57 am

dane99 wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:Josh Powell is a better player. Pass
u know i don't think so Powell cant do a thing he is too small to play the 4 and too slow to play the 3, not a good re bounder of a defender Sheldon is a strong and has a similar game to a Chuck Hayes.

How about we have both of them because we can never have too many big bodies on this team, and Sheldon can be by his wife and daugther's side while playing in LA.
Larry14r

Postby SignPippenNow on Sun May 24, 2009 5:58 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Just don't pick up options on Sun Yue and DJ Mbenga and that would go along ways towards paying Sheldon his 2 million. In this economy, I don't see him getting more. Besides with wife in LA, he might give LA a hometown discount ever if someone offered him say 500,000 more. I have always liked him and feel he could play a few minutes at both PF and C.
SignPippenNow

Postby khmrP on Tue May 26, 2009 8:59 am

whats the big deal with him? honestly I dont see him play other then when its against the Lakers...my only thought is, he couldn't hack in in Atl or Sac both teams needed bigs so why is it that he should be targeted? Just cause he'll be closer to his wife and kids wouldn't magically make him a better player all of a sudden.
khmrP

Postby nameant on Tue May 26, 2009 9:32 am

Not a bad idea. Powell was better but dood hit a wall to say the least. I guess it's the spotty playing time but he doesn't look like he knows what the hell he's doing out there. I think he'd definitely like to play in LA and be closer to his wife/kid.
nameant

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas