We should trade for Robin Lopez

We should trade for Robin Lopez

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:44 am

Eric Pincus posted on his article that Lopez is available

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18718

Robin Lopez of the Phoenix Suns is reportedly available. So is Hasheem Thabeet. Kwame Brown certainly knows the triangle offense. Other names might include Nazr Mohammed, Ben Wallace, Brad Miller, Jeff Foster, DJ Mbenga and Hilton Armstrong.

^ From that list Lopez looks like the realistic option. Nazr/Kwame...MJ wont help us, Phil doesn't want DJ back, Brad Miller and Ben Wallace are way too old and their teams actually like them. The Suns owner is a penny pincher so we give him Theo's expiring, trade exception and one of our second round picks from next year, Lopez is off the books for them and they have a pick to work with in next year's draft. Lopez doesn't look like he's in their future plans since they already have Gortat and Channing Frye.

Regardless of the Carmelo/Drew deal we should do this

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5841137

I checked it on the realgm trade checker and it works.

Theo + Player Excpetion For Lopez

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: We should trade for Robin Lopez

Postby eNlight on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 am

i wouldn't mind a reacquisition of kwame brown. he has been pretty solid for the minutes he has been playing this year. but you're right about the mj situation, he's hard to negotiate with. i don't think either one of the lopez brothers plays a very traditional center position.

kwwwaaameeee brown
eNlight

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:55 am

I thought you couldn't package a Sasha's PTE? True or false
D.B. Cooper

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:57 am

D.B. Cooper wrote:I thought you couldn't package a Sasha's PTE? True or false

Basically you can't use it anytime outside of a 1 player for 1 player trade

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Frank Dux on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:08 am

i certainly mind having another 7 footer on this team. however, i don't see the Suns dealing with us, nor do we have any tradeable assets.

btw, how has Robin fallen so fast? just last year Suns fans were saying he's untouchable, and that he was going to be better than Brook.
Frank Dux

Postby eNlight on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:22 am

Frank Dux wrote:i certainly mind having another 7 footer on this team. however, i don't see the Suns dealing with us, nor do we have any tradeable assets.

btw, how has Robin fallen so fast? just last year Suns fans were saying he's untouchable, and that he was going to be better than Brook.

gortat came in and took away his minutes. plus, lopez's rookie salary is a little bit too much on sarver's wallet. according to him, he rather have a back up center at league minimum instead of a scaled rookie investment.
eNlight

Postby TT24 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:17 pm

I really can't see the Suns doing us a favor like that.
TT24

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Actually, I think Kwame could be had for a straight swap of Joe Smith and a second round pick. Then we can go get Brad Miller from Houston with the TPE. Now that Yao is no longer in their long term plans, they don't want the 3 year deal with Miller, and his size would be a welcome upgrade over Theo Ratliff or Joe Smith. Instead of going in another direction with our roster, we simply double down on our philosophy of length and size in the front court. I'd run our power roster like this...

PG: Derek Fisher / Shannon Brown / Steve Blake
SG: Kobe Bryant / Matt Barnes / Devin Ebanks
SF: Ron Artest / Lamar Odom / Luke Walton
PF: Pau Gasol / Brad Miller / Theo Ratliff
C: Andrew Bynum / Kwame Brown / Derrick Caracter

Now even the fully healthy Celtics look small. Kwame can body Shaq, Miller can get Perkins, Bynum can bang with KG, and Caracter can go at Big Baby, leaving Jermaine O'neal for Pau and that weird white guy for Lamar...and that's not even counting Theo Ratliff. Might as well become the all bully team since we aren't going to be able to make any moves to improve our back court. I think our size would overwhelm anyone easily. I mean, Odom off the bench with Brad Miller and Kwame Brown? That's not even our starting twin towers...this would be a great idea...
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Man i don't want Kwame and his stone hands back lol he still drops passes

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Sideshow Robin Lopez?

The Laker Link

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Robin Lopez, Kwame, or Ben Wallace.

Then get Melo and we should be good.
The Laker Link

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:18 pm

At first I thought that was horrible idea, but maybe not... The guy isn't very good but he'd be a body. The problem would be if he was willing to be a at best 10 minute a game player.

Gasol (20) / Odom (28)
Bynum (28)/ Gasol (10) / Lopez (10)

And that's just best case scenario for the kid. Just watching him, he's not the sharpest tool and he's not very talented naturally. But you can't teach youth and size.

Ever since Gortat landed there, he's played over 20 minutes only 5 times. But his average is still closer to 15-17 minutes than what the Lakers could offer at 10.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:50 am

"Robin Lopez, Kwame, or Ben Wallace."

Hell NO to Ben Wallace. He's WAY TOO undersized.

The main thing we need is one more BIG, YOUNG player to body with Boston's reserve bigs, so that we have foul trouble insurance. Mbenga wasn't quite what we needed as he is too spastic and gets into foul trouble too often, which is why we gave him the boot. Someone like Kwame or Lopez would be perfect (or Brad Miller like I suggested) because they know how to play under control, at least better than Caracter or Mbenga...

Robin Lopez looks like Sean William Scott had a three-way with Seth Rogan and Side Show Bob. Anderson Varejao is a great side show bob clone too.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby Phil XI on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:14 am

The Rock wrote:
D.B. Cooper wrote:I thought you couldn't package a Sasha's PTE? True or false

Basically you can't use it anytime outside of a 1 player for 1 player trade

Sort of, but in this case it would work. Here's why:

You can't combine player with TPE, ala Theo with TPE. But you could make it separate deals.

TPE for RoLo
Theo for nothing (2nd rdr 55 protected or something).

Trade rules state you can trade Vet Min players regardless of cap space or matching salary rules so Phx could acquire Theo or Joe in a separate deal from LA. League wants vets to be able to remain employed.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby juninho on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:46 am

this will be good if we get melo for bynum. if not we don't need a center
juninho

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas