We Should Trade Radmanovic for Milicic

We Should Trade Radmanovic for Milicic

Postby pureuncut100 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:37 am

As far as needs go, we dont need Radmanovic. That experiment didnt work. 6.6ppg/3.3rpg is not what we bought him here for.

You look at a guy like Milicic who is a much better defender than given credit for. 21 years old but has the experience of playing with a very good and experienced Pistons team. I liken his experience to Kobes experience by the time he was 21 years old. He cant hit a 15-20 foot jumper. A very good help defender. Averaged 8pppg/5.4rpg a game last year.

Then you look at team needs. Orlando has been looking for a shooter to complement Dwight Howards inside game, hence the draft pick of JJ Redick. Furthermore, Orlando wants a perimeter shooter not an inside player to crowd D. Howard (i.e. Shaq and Elden Campbell). The Lakers need a big man who could consistently score around the basket and who is a threat with their shooting. Milicic has great touch around the basket and could shoot out to 20 feet.

I am in no way saying this trade would get the Lakers to that elite level but it will improve this team. I think most teams will look at Vlad Rad as an experiment that simply didnt work for the Lakers. We dont lose much. We might have to give up Charlottes second rounder in addition but it would be worth it.
pureuncut100

Postby verluszeit on Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:06 am

I believe we can get a better deal with Vlad...
win, lose, or tie... LA LAKERS TIL I DIE!!!
verluszeit

Postby High IQ on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:42 pm

verluszeit wrote:I believe we can get a better deal with Vlad...
High IQ

Postby Satan on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:50 pm

I haven't watched much of Darko but he looked like he was worth a lot more than Vlad during the Orlando/Detroit game I watched.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby dane99 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:17 pm

Satan wrote:I haven't watched much of Darko but he looked like he was worth a lot more than Vlad during the Orlando/Detroit game I watched.

yes for rreal u guys dont realize that vlad was not even activated for the suns series :man3: :man10: :man10: :man10: and if we are going for some 1 on that team it should be ariza or arroya not darko
dane99

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:23 pm

Why didn't they just void the contract when they could? Lakers are not even playing him. Just sitting there earning money for nothing!!! They could have just saved the money for next season!!
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby Klewfish on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:26 pm

L8KERS4LIFE wrote:Why didn't they just void the contract when they could? Lakers are not even playing him. Just sitting there earning money for nothing!!! They could have just saved the money for next season!!

It has to do with business relationships IIRC.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby The LeBrons on Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:32 pm

Are you guys serious? Milicic is a stud. He's got a solid post-game and even has some range on his jumper, solid defender, blocks shots.
“That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don’t got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace.”

- Kobe, the NBA MVP
The LeBrons

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue May 01, 2007 3:34 am

Yeah, if we package Bynum and a 1st with him.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby FutureLakerGM on Tue May 01, 2007 12:56 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:

Yeah, if we package Bynum and a 1st with him.

DOOO IT! :man1:

Vlad had a bad year, simple as that. The last thing we need is another young player.
FutureLakerGM

Postby untouchable24 on Thu May 03, 2007 10:43 am

lol i live in Orlando and watched Darkside play too many times and i have to say no to that trade. He may play one DECENT game then goes and plays 5 bad games....he is like the international Kwame Brown.
untouchable24

Postby FutureLakerGM on Thu May 03, 2007 7:06 pm

untouchable24 wrote:lol i live in Orlando and watched Darkside play too many times and i have to say no to that trade. He may play one DECENT game then goes and plays 5 bad games....he is like the international Kwame Brown.

lol I like that ...
FutureLakerGM

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas