Sign Hakim Warrick!!!!!!!!!!!Let Odom sweat!!!

Sign Hakim Warrick!!!!!!!!!!!Let Odom sweat!!!

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:38 am

Sign Hakim Warrick for the bi-annual would be great for two reasons, 1.Phil Jackson loves athletic players 2.it also gives the Lakers leverage over Odom :man9: . We could probably get Odum for even cheaper money, perhaps 6.5 to 7.5 mil range. Plus Hakim Warrick would be a great back up for Artest. Imagine signing Hakim Warrick, Lamar Odom for cheaper money, replace Sun Yue with Stephon Marbury. Where talking about a record breaking season:jam2:
Last edited by AztecaEmperor on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AztecaEmperor

Re: Sign Hakim Warrick!!!!!!!!!!!Let Odom sweat!!!

Postby Larry14r on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:00 pm

AztecaEmperor wrote:Sign Hakim Warrick for the bi-annual would be great for two reasons, 1.Phil Jackson loves athletic players 2.it also gives the Lakers leverage over Odom :man9: . We could probably get Odum for even cheaper money, perhaps 6.5 to 7.5 mil range. Plus Hakim Warrick would be a great back up for Artest. :jam2:

Expect it won't happen for 3 reasons
1. We have no money not even the bi-annual because that went to Shannon Brown
2. Warrick wants MLE money and we don't have that
3. We already have 2 backup SF's to Artest we don't need another one.
Larry14r

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:15 pm

We still have the bi-annual because we RESIGNED Shannon Brown and nobody is going to pay Warrick the MLE. Every free agent left is going to get LOW BALLED big time. Whatever money we cut from Odom's original offer will go to Warrick. Look at lamar, teams are only offering him MLE and he is way better than Warrick. We need three SF because Luke Walton tends to get hurt. Our line up would look like this:

PG=Fisher/Farmer/Marbury
SG=Kobe/Sasha/Brown
SF=Artest/Warrick/Walton
PF=Gasol/Odom/Morisson
C=Bynum/Mbenga/Powell

2009/2010 results
Regular season = 74-8
Post season = 16-0
CHAMPIONSHIP #16

NOTE: Don't be suprised if the reason the Grizzlies are clearing some cap space by letting Warrick go, is to sign Allen Iverson and either Odom or Lee. Their badly in need of experinced players.
AztecaEmperor

Postby Larry14r on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:59 pm

Why the hell we want Marbury for we don't need him, and also Morrison is a SF not a PF so we already have three SF's.
Larry14r

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:20 pm

Hey Larry14r :man3: the expert, you don't know what your talking about and I know that Ammo is a SF. When it comes to running plays or making adjustments during a game, you can easily put players at different positions in regards to the match ups. Having Marbury at a cheap price would be outstanding and it help sell more tickets. He still has gas in the tank and would give us solid minutes, plus we would have three solid point guards to rotate. Ammo can play SF or PF because he can stretch the floor with his shooting. Remember this is his contract year and he will do his best. If we get Lamar, he can play any position 1-4. Like I said earlier, Warrick is more ahtletic than Walton and Artest. Walton tends to get beat alot, thats why he gets hurt so much. Don't get me wrong, I love Walton, he a great team player and is one of our best passers. I would rather have Marbury than Sun Yue, he's too passive. Beside we may not even need Odom if Bynum plays to his potential. :boxing1:
AztecaEmperor

Postby thewill on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:49 pm

Help sell tickets ...

That's not a valid argument when you're talking about the Lakers after they have just won a championship...
thewill

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:48 am

I know Marbury has a lot of socalled baggage and people have made up their minds about him, but there is nothing wrong with having a former all star (who still has game) willing to do what ever it takes to win a ring. Remember Farmer did get hurt last year and Fisher is getting old. Besides, if we are willing to deal with Artest why not Marbury. Him being on the team will inhance our entertainment value which will affect our ticket sells in a positive way. Winning a championship doesn't mean automatic ticket sells, the Lakers will raise the price of tickets to help pay for the luxury taxes.
AztecaEmperor

Postby sm61893 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:49 pm

As it has been said we do not have the Bi, we did not have Bird rights on Shannon Brown so we used it on him. All we can sign anyone for now is the Vet min.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
sm61893

Postby AztecaEmperor on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:48 am

I stand corrected because a team has to own a players contract a whole season in order retain his bird rights. We obtain Shannon Brown in midseason, so we don't have his bird rights. So basiclly the Warrick idea won't work unless he takes the veteran mininum or sign or trade. Darn!Darn!Darn.......Daaarnet! And you know what, after watching the Stephon Marbury 24/7 live feed show, I don't think his mind is 100% focused on basketball. So lets forget about Marbury. And while were at it, lets forget about Warrick and possibly Lamar Odom :mad1:
AztecaEmperor

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:48 am

The Lakers used their bi-annual on Shannon Brown, the only available money they have is the vet minimum.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:50 pm

AztecaEmperor wrote: And you know what, after watching the Stephon Marbury 24/7 live feed show, I don't think his mind is 100% focused on basketball. So lets forget about Marbury.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas