Since Phoenix is looking to move them

Postby bobyahead on Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:30 am

omg, not again? what is the fascination with Banks? people that continue to want him must have not seen him play. He can't play better D than any pg on the lakers.

he had like one or two good games where he was starting in minnesota. that doesn't justify all the love for him. he has no offensive game and his defense is suspect.

the guy is nothing more then speed. a lot of people get speed mixed up with defense. i would give penberthy another try before i give it to banks.

AND james jones? you have got to be kidding me. i hope you guys aren't the same ones that cry over defense... james jones is a player that stands in the corner, waits for a nash pass and just shoots. make it or not, he just shoots. Vlady is ten times the player of james jones.

disbelief.
bobyahead

Postby klassix on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:52 pm

Lakers U.K wrote:I like Rad-man more than Cookie so I'd rather give BC up! James Jones from what I heard is another Sasha, shoots well in practice but in a game fluffs it!

from what i've seen in phoenix's games against us, Sasha is better.
klassix

Postby harrise007 on Sat May 05, 2007 4:07 pm

Lakers U.K wrote:I like Rad-man more than Cookie so I'd rather give BC up! James Jones from what I heard is another Sasha, shoots well in practice but in a game fluffs it!

I agree with this if Rad can learn the Triangle he will be fine, needs more defense. Cook can shoot, but he is too streaky, and can't defend my grandmother in a wheel chair...
harrise007

Postby Jajwa on Sat May 05, 2007 4:17 pm

I'd like people to look up Smush's stats before playing in the triangle as a three point shooter. They're atrocious...

The triangle gives you open shots in the corner.

Banks would be perfectly fine and a trade of Brian Cook straight up for him makes sense.

The same can be said for Brian Cook+2nd for Earl Watson. That 3 point percentage people keep killing over is not large enough to justify a crappy defensive player.
Jajwa

Postby CrazyTury on Mon May 07, 2007 10:41 am

Come on guys. We are talking about Jones and Banks. yes we want a contender team as Kobe said and yes they are not good enough but they can be great for our bench. We need a bench. We had only Evans but with this ve have 2 more shooters who are better than Smush. A team is not only about 5 players. We need a bench. This move would be great but Suns hates us, won't give us them.
CrazyTury

Postby Reflexx on Mon May 07, 2007 9:27 pm

KobeWanKenobi wrote:The point of contention here is that Smush is dead last on defense among point guards. He can't be dead last considering that there are worse defenders at the point besides him. And we can add Sasha to the list of PGs even worse at defending than Smush.

Smush isn't dead last, but I think Sasha is better than Smush as a defender. A lot of defense is effort, and Sasha doesn't quit. Smush does.
Reflexx

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas