Since Phoenix is looking to move them

Since Phoenix is looking to move them

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:21 am

Why not take them off thier hands.

Marcus Banks & James Jones.

Give them Radmonovic for those two.

Right now the Suns would give thier left nut for Radmonovic or even Brian Cook. Both Radmonovic & Cook would work in thier system, since all they want to do is shoot 3's anyways. But Radmonovic alone would get this deal done. If we did a deal with Cook, I would only throw in McKie and ask for Banks only.

What do you think.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Lakers U.K on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:07 am

I like Rad-man more than Cookie so I'd rather give BC up! James Jones from what I heard is another Sasha, shoots well in practice but in a game fluffs it!
Lakers U.K

Postby Weezy on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:10 am

Lakers U.K wrote:I like Rad-man more than Cookie so I'd rather give BC up! James Jones from what I heard is another Sasha, shoots well in practice but in a game fluffs it!

James Jones is better than Sasha, but I don't know about giving up Vlad for him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers U.K on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:14 am

Weezy wrote:
Lakers U.K wrote:I like Rad-man more than Cookie so I'd rather give BC up! James Jones from what I heard is another Sasha, shoots well in practice but in a game fluffs it!

James Jones is better than Sasha, but I don't know about giving up Vlad for him.

No way not Vlad for Jones, not even sure if I like Vlad for Jones AND Banks?!
Lakers U.K

Re: Since Phoenix is looking to move them

Postby Lamar4MVP on Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:33 am

Lakerfantilidie wrote:Why not take them off thier hands.

Marcus Banks & James Jones.

Give them Radmonovic for those two.

I would do it in a heartbeat..
then we finaly have a good PG..
Lamar4MVP

Postby diehard on Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:02 am

What exactly makes Banks a good point guard? He's probably about as good as Smush and not as good as Farmar.

As far as Vlad for Banks and Jones, we don't have the roster space for this trade.

No thanks. We can do much better.
diehard

Postby High IQ on Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:53 am

diehard wrote:What exactly makes Banks a good point guard? He's probably about as good as Smush and not as good as Farmar.

As far as Vlad for Banks and Jones, we don't have the roster space for this trade.

you guys are seriously overrating Farmar. And Banks is better than Smush, alteast he plays some D.
High IQ

Postby Lamar4MVP on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:37 pm

High IQ wrote:
diehard wrote:What exactly makes Banks a good point guard? He's probably about as good as Smush and not as good as Farmar.

you guys are seriously overrating Farmar. And Banks is better than Smush, alteast he plays some D.
Lamar4MVP

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:18 pm

Vlad would just help Phoenix for 2 players that are not even playing for them.

Why would we help Phoenix? Christmas is over.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby ForceFH on Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:42 pm

What makes Banks a decent point guard is his defense. Offensively, he is about as efficient as Smush, which means he isn't. However, he does create better but doesn't have the range.
ForceFH

Postby Satan on Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:27 pm

Banks defense might be a slight improvement but he is way overrated.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby ForceFH on Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:40 pm

At the present time? Yes.

He isn't a lock down defender.

But strength, wingspan, and the lateral quickness is there. As was decent showings of defensive ability back in Boston. It is easy to see why LA fans think he can be the lock down 1 we never had.
ForceFH

Postby Gramps on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:44 pm

Satan wrote:Banks defense might be a slight improvement but he is way overrated.

Banks in place of Smush a slight improvement? If you are speaking from a defensive point of view (our dire need), Smush isn't close at all. Banks is a significant improvement on defense. I am not saying that we should give up valuable players for him, although I would consider it. I am just saying that Banks, IMHO, is in the top 25% of defensive pg's and Smush is dead last.
"Though my eyes could see, I still was was a blind man. Though my mind could think, I still was a mad man." -Kansas
Gramps
Laker Fan Since 1970

Postby KobeWanKenobi on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:40 pm

Gramps wrote:[color=darkblue]I am just saying that Banks, IMHO, is in the top 25% of defensive pg's and Smush is dead last.

Ehem, you called?
- Derek Fisher, Steve Nash and Mike Bibby

Fear leads to Anger.
Anger leads to Hate.
Hate leads to suffering.
KobeWanKenobi

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:20 pm

KobeWanKenobi wrote:
Gramps wrote:[color=darkblue]I am just saying that Banks, IMHO, is in the top 25% of defensive pg's and Smush is dead last.

Ehem, you called?
- Derek Fisher, Steve Nash and Mike Bibby

Nash makes up for it by, um, winning two MVPs? Mike Bibby at least can hit shots and distribute the ball, something Smush doesn't do. And Fisher, well, he's loved here in Lakerland, something Smush is not.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby KobeWanKenobi on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:49 pm

The point of contention here is that Smush is dead last on defense among point guards. He can't be dead last considering that there are worse defenders at the point besides him. And we can add Sasha to the list of PGs even worse at defending than Smush.

Fear leads to Anger.
Anger leads to Hate.
Hate leads to suffering.
KobeWanKenobi

Postby andrewicecold3000 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:54 am

Sasha's actually been improving on his defense this season. And Smush is a more than decent one on one defender because he has good lateral movement and quick hands from what I've seen. They just suck on pick and rolls. But that's a team effort.
http://www.ratednfornasty.wordpress.com

Just a blog of a group of highschool friends in Southern CA.
andrewicecold3000

Postby dane99 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm

Lakers U.K wrote:
Weezy wrote:

how about diaw banks for vlad
dane99

Postby Poppy Hillis on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:50 am

KobeWanKenobi wrote:The point of contention here is that Smush is dead last on defense among point guards. He can't be dead last considering that there are worse defenders at the point besides him. And we can add Sasha to the list of PGs even worse at defending than Smush.

The only reason Sasha gets any time is for his defense. Think about it, if you can't make a shot and you're a spot up shooter what's he playing for, Defense. He's the only guy that can put length of the floor pressure on point guards. I'm sure you've seen many times he gets the other team's offense out of rhythm all by himself.
Poppy Hillis

Postby Lakers U.K on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:57 am

dane99 wrote:
Lakers U.K wrote:
Weezy wrote:

how about diaw banks for vlad

No way PHX do that deal! But hell yeh if they do
Lakers U.K

Postby Critical Beatdown on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:43 pm

The last thing we need to do is give the Suns another versatile sniper in Radman. Rad is better than Tim Thomas.

Oh, and Banks has never reached that potential everyone talks about, and he's not suitable for the Tri.

The Lakers wanted Banks before Phil got here.

Smush is a better player than Banks.
Critical Beatdown

Postby Critical Beatdown on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:47 pm

One more thing...if you review Banks games, he gets blown up repeatedly. Just yesterday, Hinrich destroyed Phoenix (29 points).

Meanwhile, Hinrich was shutdown in both games against the Lakers (10 points in 2 games).
Critical Beatdown

Postby no_dont on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:47 pm

banks=smush-lite. Who ever wanted him must not have seen him play. He is garbage.
HO-BE
no_dont

Postby kobe244lal on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:57 am

o ya great idea :mhihi: lakers were tring to get banks from last year his a good deffenseive player :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
kobe244lal

Postby FutureLakerGM on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:37 pm

I agree I would rather give up Cook than Rad.
FutureLakerGM

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas