Some outside shooting, Fredette?

Some outside shooting, Fredette?

Postby gsire on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 pm

The Lakers need a 3pt shooter, and after watching the Sac/LA game. A great option would be the Jimmer. It doesn't have to be "The Jimmer", but Sac. has a real glut of PG's (Brooks, Thomas, Fredette, even Evans and Thornton are capable) and a real need for a Center (Cousins, ?). Cousins history of being suspended might be added motivation for them to get a consistent backup. Also, Fredette is only logging 8 min. per game in this crowded backcourt.

Here are some options I came up with to try to match salary (of course the Lakers organization know these players much better than I, and can best tweak these):
Jimmer Fredette for Jodie Meeks and Robert Sacre
Jimmer Fredette for Jodie Meeks and Devin Ebanks
Jimmer Fredette and Tyler Honeycutt for Jodie Meeks and (Earl Clark or Devin Ebanks)
Jimmer Fredette and John Salmons for Steve Blake and Metta World Peace

I didn't include Antawn Jamison in any options because I'm hoping he can become a glimmer of his former self and offer some offense. If he can't, however, the Lakers need speed/shooting to augment a veteran group of starters and superb pick n' rollers/post players. Ultimately, Jamison may become expendable if he doesn't adapt to coming off the bench/D'Antoni's system. Also, I don't know if there are any restrictions on trading any of these players.

I wish the Lakers would explore this option for a trade!
gsire

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas