Steven Hunter?

Steven Hunter?

Postby Pray for Laker Wins on Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:52 pm

Raja Bell's signing makes it less likely that the Suns will keep center Steven Hunter, who has said he wants more than the exception that would pay $1.6 million to $1.7 million. That probably is the most Phoenix has left to offer after Bell's deal.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/ar ... l0702.html

After many Laker loses this season, I would flip-over on the NBA league pass and watch planty of Suns games, so I saw this guy play enough to make a good assessment on his talent. And let me tell you, this guy can run the break faster than any center out there. He can also defend any center in the leauge with his long arms and explosive jumping ability. (You saw him D-up Duncan) He thows-down alleys with ease and dunks all his tip-in offensive rebounds.

Trust me, the only reason he didn't start down-low was because he was behind Amare and Marion. This guy can play and he brings energy to the floor.

Besides, I don't know if you guys have noticed, because I have...Chris Mihm is a better power forward, with his speed, than he is a center. Who hasn't noticed that he plays MUCH better down in the blocks when he's guarded by a PF?

Imagine Hunter and Mihm racing down the floor with their speed on a break and then running back on defence with two 7 footers on D?

Mitch, I'm tossing you a bone here. Do us a favor and get Hunter, please.
The other kid piped in, "Hey what happened to the Lakers?" "We lost our way," I told them. "We just lost our way at the wrong time." I smiled, got in the car, and started the engine. I headed home.
Pray for Laker Wins

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:57 pm

id sign him but damm at the center position bynum,divac,mihm him or mihm would have to play PF
PurpleNGold1

Postby sunhills on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:14 pm

I like Hunter for trhe PF position... he would be pretty goood at both ends of the floor...
sunhills

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:17 pm

sunhills wrote:I like Hunter for trhe PF position... he would be pretty goood at both ends of the floor...
not a bad idea hunter startin at pf n then the beast turiaf subs in for him :jam2:
PurpleNGold1

Postby S.R.05 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:33 pm

if he wants more than 1.6 or 1.7 then to sign him we give up any hope of daniels, jaric, watson, etc.

personally, id rather go after the pg spot, id rather have mihm/divac/bynum manning the load at the 5 than chucky in the backcourt starting for us
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:35 pm

If he opted out to get more money, and if the Suns can't give him that money, he will go elsewhere to get it. Not settle for a slight bump in pay by us, when he can get much more elsewhere. Hunter is a pipe.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Thin on Big

Postby Pray for Laker Wins on Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:30 pm

Read Espn's Skip Bayless thoughts on Bynum Below. The big young fella is not going to be productive for years. And they are already thinking of waiving Vlade by not signing him this week, instead Laker managment will wait until camp is over to see if they will re-sign. He's hurt, always was slow, and too old now...unless he really makes a comeback, he's done functionaly--and as a Laker.

That Leaves us with ONLY Chris. Face it everyone, we're thin down-low. We can't count on Bynum and Vlade to help Chris.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ess/050701

By Skip Bayless
Page 2

You feel like you're watching an only-in-Hollywood movie produced by the NBA's Spielberg, Phil Jackson.

But after the opening scenes, you can't figure out if "Prince Andrew" is a comedy or a tragedy.

The plot: Andrew Bynum, small-town kid from Plainsboro, N.J., sprouts up to 7-feet tall – and out to 300-plus pounds. Late bloomer physically and socially. Tries to meet girls through Web site personals. Has some athletic ability and basketball skill, and has a pretty good senior year of high school, averaging 22 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks.

Signs letter of intent to play at University of Connecticut.

Chosen as a McDonald's high-school All-American. Catches eyes of some NBA scouts at McDonald's practices. "Like a big, awkward colt," one says. Has a pretty good game – nine points, five rebounds.

But goes on crash diet and drops 20 or 25 pounds over next couple of months. Agent arranges workouts for NBA teams, just to test market. Once-proud Lakers, who missed the playoffs after making one of the worst trades in NBA history – Shaquille O'Neal to Miami – are so desperate that owner Jerry Buss convinces himself the kid could be the Next Shaq.

It's all good for Bynum . . . for the time being.
Lakers take him with 10th pick in the draft!

Kid becomes youngest player ever drafted, at just 17! Tries to act cool in first interview with L.A. media and compares self with Shaq and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, with a little Tim Duncan thrown in! Even makes fun of Shaq's free-throw shooting! Los Angeles media runs wild with "Next Shaq" references!

Hail, Prince Andrew!

Cut to: Jack Nicholson, beaming like proud papa.

Dissolve to: Old/new Lakers coach Phil Jackson grinning devilishly. Prince Andrew has become pawn in $30 million semi-retirement con game Jackson is running on gullible Lakers fans …

Uh, in case you haven't figured it out by now, this is no movie we're watching. It's really happening.

Only in Hollywood.

What happened on draft night validates my suspicion that the Zenmaster – or Spinmaster – came back for the money, not the legacy. At 59, he's far more interested in making $10 million a year for the next three years than he is in winning a record 10th championship.

When Jackson surprisingly said his return isn't about winning a championship and that he'll be surprised if the Lakers are even in title contention when his contract is up, he was telling the expectation-lowering truth.

Jackson knows he can't win big with Kobe Bryant as his lone star – certainly not after Jackson spilled his guts in print about how impossible Kobe was to coach. That was in Jackson's never say never book, "The Last Season."

Now, Phil and Kobe will be lucky to coexist. More likely, this relationship eventually will go down in flames.

But back when Buss wouldn't pay Jackson the double-digit millions he wanted – or give him total control of basketball operations – the coach "retired." Buss ordered general manager Mitch Kupchak to trade Shaq; and predictably, Kupchak's rebuilt team went 34-48.

Kupchak is to GMs what his new center, Chris Mihm, is to NBA big men.

So, incredibly, Buss and Kobe and Phil came to need each other. The owner desperately needed to appease fans who could buy a second Rolls for what he's asking them to pay for courtside seats. A second star player won't fit under the Kobe-dominated salary cap. But Phil's star continued to rise in L.A. as the Lakers fell. Just seeing the Zenmaster back on the bench will anesthetize some fans for an entire season.

Kobe failed by himself and was condemned as the Man Who Ran Shaq and Phil Out Of Town. Now, Kobe can look like he's man enough to forgive and forget and welcome back the coach who trashed him in his book. Kobe badly needs someone else to blame.

That's Bynum on the left as a McDonald's All-Star. His next stop? Tim Duncan.

Jackson became addicted to the Hollywood stage and missed it dearly. Life in Montana grew dull without the minicams following him from the moment he climbed out of his Porsche or pulled off his motorcycle helmet at Staples Center.

So as Kupchak's team predictably cratered, Jackson made it known to Buss that he would entertain the notion of returning. Jackson, of course, made that known through Buss' daughter Jeannie, who is very close to Jackson.

Jackson insisted on a record coach's salary, $10 mil a season. But stunningly, he did not insist on control. His health took the kind of beating in his "last" Lakers season that Detroit coach Larry Brown's did this season. Now, Jackson doesn't want the killer stress that championship expectations unleash.

He mostly wants to enjoy one last three-year act on the Staples stage while making $30 mil. If miracles happen and the Lakers win it all in Year Three, great. But for the first time in his career, Jackson won't be coaching two of the top five players in the NBA. He'll have a damaged relationship with just one.

He knows he'll have no chance.

And in Andrew Bynum, Jackson saw his 7-foot excuse.

Jackson watched at least one of Bynum's workouts. Surely, Jackson knows that the odds are much greater that Bynum turns into Michael Olowokandi, the failed Clippers' former No. 1 overall pick, than into the Next Shaq. For sure, there's no way Bynum lives up to his billing until he's 24 or 25, which will be long after Jackson is gone.

So Jackson made sure the media reported that he wasn't actively involved in the draft process. That he spent draft night at his home in Montana. He literally distanced himself from this pick.

Kupchak said he thought Jackson was "on board" with taking Bynum. Yet in the Los Angeles Times Thursday, Mark Heisler, who often knows more about the team than those who run it, quotes a team source as saying this when asked if Jackson had been against drafting Bynum: "I'm sure he was."

Perfect.

If the kid fails for three years, Jackson can say to reporters, "Don't look at me." If the Lakers don't make the playoffs, Jackson needs only to sigh and glance in the GM's direction.

It sounds as if Buss pushed for Bynum. With Jackson, the owner renews short-term hope. With Bynum, he buys some long-haul patience.

Oh, what an E-ticket ride this kid is about to take.

This is no LeBron James, who was 18 going on 30 when he was drafted. To get a sense of just how much of a kid-next-door Bynum is, visit the profile he's posted on MySpace.com. It's possible it's a year or so old, but can you imagine any other McDonald's all-American wanting or needing to do this?

It's as if one minute, the kid who calls himself Andy was trying to meet "gurlz" on the Web. The next, somebody was knocking on his bedroom door saying, "Son, how'd you like to come to L.A. and make millions taking Shaq's place with the Lakers?"

Here are his answers to some of the profile questions.

Is he a nerd in school? "Yea."

In the past month, has he been dumped? "Not dumped, not rejected, just kind of put off to the side."

What do you want to be when you grow up? "NBA balla/entrapenour [sic]."

Do you have a girlfriend? "She's out there sumwhere [sic]."

Yes, Andy, dozens of potential girlfriends will be circling like vultures outside the Lakers locker room every night after games.

So can he turn into an NBA balla? GMs and scouts give shrugging responses. They all like his agility and coordination for a 7-footer. But nobody says he's a sure-fire superstar.

Please, we are not talking about Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or Bill Walton or Shaquille O'Neal. When they were seniors in high school, there was no doubt.

With Bynum, there's one big doubt. He's a fat kid who suddenly lost weight. Shaq was a lean, powerfully built kid who gained weight at 30. Bynum might battle his bulge throughout his career. And if he regains his weight, his past knee trouble could return.

I met and talked briefly with Bynum the morning after the draft. At a glance, I wonder how competitive he'll be. I wonder if he talks tougher than he plays. I wonder if he has any idea what a beating he'll take under the NBA boards, and if the sensitive kid inside that big body can take the rookie and sophomore humiliation.

For what it's worth, Bynum's hands are small for his size. Shaq's are huge.

Yet this kid is already inviting comparisons with two of the most dominant centers in NBA history.

God bless him.

"Anything Kareem can do, I can do better."
On draft night, he told the L.A. media: "I want to bring back the skyhook that Kareem left behind there. Nobody uses that shot and it happens to be one of my favorite shots."

And: "I'm compared to Shaq now just because of my body type, but I can hit my free throws."

The L.A. media's appreciative laughter echoed all the way to Miami, where Shaq will surely use that quote for motivation during every torturous offseason workout.

Lakers fans will be distracted for a while by second-round steal Ronny Turiaf, whose relentless energy will help immediately. But if Prince Andrew seems overwhelmed and overmatched, Laker fans eventually will remember they could have had Sean May or Danny Granger or even Gerald Green, who will turn out to be the biggest star of the last class to go straight into the NBA from high school.

I'm betting that in this movie's closing scene, the $10-million-a-year coach will smile and shrug as if to say, "I told them so."

The other kid piped in, "Hey what happened to the Lakers?" "We lost our way," I told them. "We just lost our way at the wrong time." I smiled, got in the car, and started the engine. I headed home.
Pray for Laker Wins

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:00 am

WOW this scouting report is way off.
1. I would sign Hunter too.
2. Hunter is a horrible defender
3. his hoop IQ is below average. way below average. He could play lets say decent in phoenix because the defense had marion, nash, jj and Amare to concentrate on and Hunter went unnoticed and got some alleys there.
4.Hunter is an average backup. He can run? Fastbreak? Yuhoo wake up. P-Jax and the triangle is here. Untill he develops decent passing and something called low-post game he will look like a chicken on the floor (if jax allows him to be on the floor at all because of his enormous hoop iq and the understanding of triangle)
5. Mihm better at PF? lol that was where I laughed most. Mihm is a C who can play some PF minutes but his speed is not enaugh to stay in front of PFs without fouling out. Mihm is a better C.
Hunter has also good things why I would want him. He is a decent rebounder and a great shot blocker. He is damn athletic and can be a bigger Stromile Swift. I would take him as a backup ANY day of the week but a front court of Hunter and Mihm is anything but exciting and dangerous. You can´t start in the front court with 2 backups. :bang:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby wavy on Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:22 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:if he wants more than 1.6 or 1.7 then to sign him we give up any hope of daniels, jaric, watson, etc.

personally, id rather go after the pg spot, id rather have mihm/divac/bynum manning the load at the 5 than chucky in the backcourt starting for us

we can always trade for a PG, for example trade divac for a pg then the other team will probably release him so we can sign him back. cuz no matter how much i hated divac when he was part of the kings i wouldn't like to loose a guy that smart.
wavy

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:46 am

the Jazz are very interested in him and based on the past contracts they have given ot to big men, it seems they have no problem throwing some serious cash at big men (Okur, Boozer).
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Loving Hunter

Postby Pray for Laker Wins on Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:17 am

So, KB8@CL,

Nevertheless, we agree that Hunter is good for Lakers. At least we're in the same choir.

I Disagree (civily) with you that Hunter is a bad defender. Did you see the San Antonio Series, he put the clamps on Duncan. And he is a great shot blocker. He rotates well, too.

One more thing, I guarantee Hunter could beat out any Laker big-man right now. And, if they got him, he would be the most athletic big on the roster. So, you can see why I would see him starting (Ceterus Paribus)

You might be arguably right about Mihm at the PF...but I still think he looks good there.

Good response, however.

PS: Cologne Germany? Have you been to the Kölnarena over there? How's the parking?
Pray for Laker Wins

Postby Sirron on Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:21 pm

If he is that good, how come he hasn't been a starter yet?
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Re: Loving Hunter

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:25 pm

Pray for Laker Wins wrote:So, KB8@CL,

Nevertheless, we agree that Hunter is good for Lakers. At least we're in the same choir.

I Disagree (civily) with you that Hunter is a bad defender. Did you see the San Antonio Series, he put the clamps on Duncan. And he is a great shot blocker. He rotates well, too.

One more thing, I guarantee Hunter could beat out any Laker big-man right now. And, if they got him, he would be the most athletic big on the roster. So, you can see why I would see him starting (Ceterus Paribus)

You might be arguably right about Mihm at the PF...but I still think he looks good there.

Good response, however.

PS: Cologne Germany? Have you been to the Kölnarena over there? How's the parking?

Kölnarena is Germany´s biggest arena. Its sick and I go there often. Specially last year when USA played Germany and Italy in their Olympic preperation. I payd 450$ for 2 games. But it was a must for me.
BTW VERY polite response though I disagreed with you in some stuff. I´m truely impressed. my props :bow: :bow: :bow:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Vito Andolini on Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:40 pm

I'd love to have Hunter, but not for more then the LLE.
Vito Andolini

HUNTER

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:54 pm

I DIDN'T REALLY SEE HUNTER PLAY THIS YEAR BUT IF CAN PLAY AS GOOGD AS SOME OF YOU SAY HE CAN HE WILL FIT RITE IN. IF HE'S QUICK LIKE A PF THE TRIANGLE OFFENSE WILL BE PERFECT FOR HIM & PLUS JACKSON IS GONNA SHOW HIM HOW TO DO IT. NOW IF DIVAC IS GETTING WAIVED U NEED TO GO BIG, BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW JACKSON IS GONNA START BYNUM & WE WILL NEED A BACK THAT CAN HANDLE BIG DEFENDERS LIKE SHAQ & DUNCAN, OR HE CAN BE A BACK UP PF FOR TURAIF OR HE MIGHT EVEN START AT PF DUE TO HIS EXPERIENCE. BUT IF DIVAC DOESN'T GET WAIVED & STAYS YUO NEED TO GET A GUARD.

Re: HUNTER

Postby KB24 on Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:48 am

Shaq-HaTA wrote:I DIDN'T REALLY SEE HUNTER PLAY THIS YEAR BUT IF CAN PLAY AS GOOGD AS SOME OF YOU SAY HE CAN HE WILL FIT RITE IN. IF HE'S QUICK LIKE A PF THE TRIANGLE OFFENSE WILL BE PERFECT FOR HIM & PLUS JACKSON IS GONNA SHOW HIM HOW TO DO IT. NOW IF DIVAC IS GETTING WAIVED U NEED TO GO BIG, BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW JACKSON IS GONNA START BYNUM & WE WILL NEED A BACK THAT CAN HANDLE BIG DEFENDERS LIKE SHAQ & DUNCAN, OR HE CAN BE A BACK UP PF FOR TURAIF OR HE MIGHT EVEN START AT PF DUE TO HIS EXPERIENCE. BUT IF DIVAC DOESN'T GET WAIVED & STAYS YUO NEED TO GET A GUARD.

Jackson start Bynum? :bang: We all know? I don´t.
Sorry but your posts are extremely suspect.
We need a bigman no matter where Divac lands. :bang:
Last edited by KB24 on Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Showtime II on Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:43 am

KB8@CL wrote:
Shaq-HaTA wrote:I DIDN'T REALLY SEE HUNTER PLAY THIS YEAR BUT IF CAN PLAY AS GOOGD AS SOME OF YOU SAY HE CAN HE WILL FIT RITE IN. IF HE'S QUICK LIKE A PF THE TRIANGLE OFFENSE WILL BE PERFECT FOR HIM & PLUS JACKSON IS GONNA SHOW HIM HOW TO DO IT. NOW IF DIVAC IS GETTING WAIVED U NEED TO GO BIG, BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW JACKSON IS GONNA START BYNUM & WE WILL NEED A BACK THAT CAN HANDLE BIG DEFENDERS LIKE SHAQ & DUNCAN, OR HE CAN BE A BACK UP PF FOR TURAIF OR HE MIGHT EVEN START AT PF DUE TO HIS EXPERIENCE. BUT IF DIVAC DOESN'T GET WAIVED & STAYS YUO NEED TO GET A GUARD.

Jackson start Bynum? :bang: :disagree: We all know? I don´t.

KB8, is it me, or are you kind of a jack***? You ridicule every single one of this guys posts! Look at the number of times he has actually posted on this board. You want to be the thread cop, but maybe you just need to make like Shaq and go have a doughnut and relax for a while man. If you dont agree, you can say that nicely and not act like a jerk... or better yet, just move on. If you dont like ANYTHING the guy has to say, skip over it.
Showtime II

Postby KB24 on Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:57 am

Showtime II wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

Jackson start Bynum? :bang: :disagree: We all know? I don´t.

KB8, is it me, or are you kind of a jack***? You ridicule every single one of this guys posts! Look at the number of times he has actually posted on this board. You want to be the thread cop, but maybe you just need to make like Shaq and go have a doughnut and relax for a while man. If you dont agree, you can say that nicely and not act like a jerk... or better yet, just move on. If you dont like ANYTHING the guy has to say, skip over it.

Its you I guess. I didn´t attack or redicule anyone and anything. I just disagreed. Since when is it not allowed in a forum to disagree?
If you agree its fine but I don´t. I have nothing against any poster and I don´t try to terrorize anyone. I don´t understand your post at all to be honest. Act like a jerk? you are way too sensitive man. WAY TOO sensitive. I just answered 2-3 posts of this guy and I had any right to disagree. If it seemed aggressive then I´m sorry because I don´t intend to annoy anyone.

KB24
Site Admin

Hunter?

Postby Ed Guru on Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:21 am

Nah, kind see him coming here for the salary we can offer - unless he's our primary target that is. I think he'd be a very useful addition to the team, he's a role player but could be a starter on lots of teams and big is our major weakness.

Personally I'd sooner we went for him thank a PG right now. I see us playing more point-forward, point-off-guard, point-centre than true stockton-type PG. Realistically this is probably the best kind of player we can land.

Oh, on the Bynum front, unless we get injuries to Divac and Mihm (and probably Odom too!) he won't start any games this year. If he gets a few minutes a game that'll be all. This is a long-way-off future project/gamble - we'll all have to give it a few years before anything becomes clear.

But yeah, sign Hunter I'll go with that!
..with the sharpness..
Ed Guru

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 pm

BYNUM WILL START JACKSON LUVS ROOKIES, BYNUM IS GONNA GET WORKED ALL DURING THE SUMMER, HE'S GONNA HIT WEIGHTS & RUN DRILLS NON STOP, HE WILL START VLADE'S HEALTH IS SO-SO, MIHM CAN'T GO THREE QUARTERS WITH OUT GETTING INTO FOUL TROUBLE. AND WHO'S HAS THE SIZE TO GUARD SHAQ EXCEPT FOR VLADE BECAUSE EVERYTIME SHAQ GOES UP AGAINST VLADE HE GETS OFFENSIVE FOULS QUICK. IT WILL BE THE SAME THING WITH BYNUM. SHAQ IS USED TO PUSH CENTERS AROUND BECAUSE THEY DON'T THE WEIGHT TO STAY UP WITH HIM. BYNUM HAS THE HEIGHT & WEIGHT, HE WILL START.

Postby trodgers on Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:04 pm

Jackson doesn't love rookies. Early in his career as a coach, he had no problem playing them heavy minutes. It has certainly tapered off in his later days. Though he has played some rookies decent minutes in LA, Bynum won't see more than 15 per game and I'd be amazed if he sees 10.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Chivalry on Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:48 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Jackson doesn't love rookies. Early in his career as a coach, he had no problem playing them heavy minutes. It has certainly tapered off in his later days. Though he has played some rookies decent minutes in LA, Bynum won't see more than 15 per game and I'd be amazed if he sees 10.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Bynum plays 10 minutes/game, but you never know.

Of course...the fan in me is hoping for something amazing (think of the expression worn by Nick Nolte in "Blue Chips" when he stepped into a gym and found Shaq). I would say the chances of that happening are about 1 in 50.

The kid may have the mental capacity to pick up the triangle quickly, he may develop an outstanding work ethic, he may be willing to focus on defense and rebounding, etc (all of these are assumptions), but none of us has any idea how he will perform when he's thrown in with NBA veterans. I hope he's a confident lad, because his confidence will be sorely tested this year if he ever gets off the bench.

Still, I like the kid.
Chivalry

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:40 pm

HE'LL START OVER MIHM OR DIVAC TRUST ME.

Re: REPLY

Postby Showtime II on Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:24 pm

Shaq-HaTA wrote:HE'LL START OVER MIHM OR DIVAC TRUST ME.

Phil actually doesnt start rookies. He probably will get some playing time because phil is so high on him (supposedly) but I dont think that Bynum will get a start.
Showtime II

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:22 am

Guys I really would appreciate if you guys don´t always rely on this mysterious myths. Really. Jackson is a coach who most of the time WON the NBA title and ALWAYS had contending material to coach. The result were LATE picks ,all around 28, and in the second round the same late picks around 55. Jackson has NEVER EVER had a lottery pick to work with and develop. His picks were made to be COMPLEMETARY players. He had his lineup and needed people with spacial tasks like someone who shoots (he didn´t care about the rest of his qualities because there were other guys ta pick up the slack) so he picked Rush or someone who can pass and the result was Walton who has the court vision and passing abilities but can´t do anything else.
I 100% agree that Bynum isn´t ready and will take his time. Its a 17 year old KID. He won´t play a lot of minutes because he has to grow mentaly and improve his game. IT STILL DOESN´T MEAN PHIL HATES ROOKIES.
Phil hates worse players and loves to play better players. I can remember Walton getting tons of minutes as a rookie. I see Turiaf getting many minutes this year.
Don´t eypect more than a Darko season from Bynum.
Last edited by KB24 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

KB24
Site Admin

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas