Steven A Smith on NBA shootaround

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu May 26, 2005 7:06 pm

We can make up as many "rumors" as we want, but the bottom line is Mitch likely won't trade LO.
Mark McNamara

Postby trodgers on Thu May 26, 2005 8:18 pm

Mark McNamara wrote:We can make up as many "rumors" as we want, but the bottom line is Mitch likely won't trade LO.

More alarming to me is that he keeps referring to this nucleus of Kobe, Odom, and Butler. He seems unwilling to trade the guy even if it'll help the team...which it clearly could.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby DMK on Thu May 26, 2005 10:41 pm

Ive said for the longest time that Bobby Jackson would fit in LA PERFECT! Now since this past year, im not so sure if he can remain healthy anymore.

Peja i believe has alot more to offer then most people seemingly available this offseason, as i believe this past year he kinda struggled due to the team being mixed up with roster changes and such also i think he really wants out of Sac and was not happy therefore his numbers werent his best.

Id rather have a guy like Artest, but bottom line.....i just want us to WIN!

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Hye4Life on Thu May 26, 2005 10:57 pm

I would do this deal only if the Boozer trade goes down, or some other big comes to LA. There were rumors at the trade deadline that they offered something close to this and maybe it will still be on the table since the Maloof brothers are looking for more of a defensive team. But I wouldn't give the 10th pick if they don't give up their 22th pick. For all of the people who say to move Odom to the sf position and bring in a pf, lemme ask a question. Who's gonna make the other team pay for doubling up on Kobe. You need a shooter out there to make them think twice and Peja has shown to shoot the lights out. Ok so here is the plan.....

Odom, #10 ---->Peja, Jackson, #22

Butler, Divac, Atkins ---->Boozer

George, Slava ----> Bender, #17

Sign= MLE Daniels(offer him a starting position)

Draft= Bynam at #17
Blatche at #22

Divac= After he is waived give him a coaching job to help the youngsters.

Daniels/Jackson<----Solid
KObe/Sasha<-----Very good
Peja/Jones<------Good
Boozer/Bender/Blatche<-----Good
Mihm/Bynam/Grant<-----Good

That to me is a good team with realistic trades that have been talked about before. What do you guys think? That way Kobe will have a second scorer next to him. If either Bynam or Blatche turn out to be good/great then its a much better team than expected.
Hye4Life

Postby eNlight on Thu May 26, 2005 11:03 pm

great team, not championship material (imo). it will make us like the kings from 2000-2003. we'd just get crushed by teams like the spurs and the pistons. i have a feeling it would take a long time for the lakers to get rings again : \ . we knew that 2004 was year of the defense when the pistons won the championship, and it could be very well the year of defense again. it seems rarely that an offensive minded team ever wins a championship now
eNlight

Postby Guest on Thu May 26, 2005 11:12 pm

So let me get this straight. We need defense not points, so we get more points, softer, less boards and minus 1,000,000,000 on defense. So mitch, is this your great plan.

Postby Hye4Life on Thu May 26, 2005 11:19 pm

first of all Boozer and Peja grabbed just as much rebounds as Odom and Butler. Secondly, I can't imagine a team being as bad as this years team(on defense). Also, Peja is not that bad on defense(better than Caron). Daniels ain't that bad either(better than Atkins). Boozer never had his heart in the right place in Utah, but he'll be a good defensive player again in LA (where he wants to be). Mihm will be better when he doesn't pick up the quick fouls on penetrating guards. Kobe will be the old Kobe. I think this team will be setting us on the right track. After the season we can see what the team needs and trade Grant for either a superstar or 2 quality players who fill the needs of that team (whether on offense or defense).
Hye4Life

Postby Hye4Life on Thu May 26, 2005 11:21 pm

Also, the difference betweent he Queens from 2000-2003 will be some guy that we have named KOBE. His time to shine will come, so you just gotta put players around him to help him.
Hye4Life

ss

Postby theagency1 on Thu May 26, 2005 11:21 pm

one problem,
sacramento would never do this trade. Issue one, Lamar is damaged goods. Issue two, why would Sacramento give up a scorer like Peja? he can actually shoot the ball, unlike the wanna be 3 point shooters the lakers have.
theagency1

Postby Hye4Life on Thu May 26, 2005 11:26 pm

they were rumored to have offered something similar to this at the trade deadline. I believe they want to get more defensive minded like the mavs did. ALso another reason why they would do this would be because Jackson is going to be gone soon and I think Peja's contract ends next year. They have a young point guard named Martin who showed promise and they don't need Jackson anymore. They would also move up in the draft into the lottery.
Hye4Life

Re: ss

Postby Mark McNamara on Fri May 27, 2005 12:49 am

theagency1 wrote:one problem,
sacramento would never do this trade. Issue one, Lamar is damaged goods. Issue two, why would Sacramento give up a scorer like Peja? he can actually shoot the ball, unlike the wanna be 3 point shooters the lakers have.

:man3: Rumors were flying during the season that Sac offered Peja to the Lakers for LO.
Mark McNamara

Re: Steven A Smith on NBA shootaround

Postby wavy on Fri May 27, 2005 4:10 am

seriously dude this deal would suck.
kobe loves to keep the ball in his hands all the time and likes to finish everything alone, he would never be good with peja since he loves just to wait for the ball and shoot three pointers. i wouldn't give LO for peja.
the best deal would be to send LO and caron and another pick for garnett, or even Jermain O'neal would be better.
wavy

Postby KB24 on Fri May 27, 2005 5:26 am

Nobody questions Pejas scoring and shooting ability. ITS UNIQUE.
But in terms of defense, handling, passing, court vision, size, athletism, power, muscles, game IQ, shot blocking, stealing, rebounding and ANYTHING but shooting Lamar is better and that not a little but MILES.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Re: Steven A Smith on NBA shootaround

Postby Mark McNamara on Fri May 27, 2005 1:54 pm

wavy wrote:seriously dude this deal would suck.
kobe loves to keep the ball in his hands all the time and likes to finish everything alone, he would never be good with peja since he loves just to wait for the ball and shoot three pointers....

Kobe is also good at penetrating/drawing the double team and kicking it out to an open shooter....If that open shooter is Peja, it's over for the other team. As of now, they make a better combo offensively than Kobe/LO. Defensively it might be a different story, but I don't think it'll be as bad as people think....I've seen Peja step up on D before.
Mark McNamara

Postby SWOL on Fri May 27, 2005 3:04 pm

c728 wrote:Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaq that noise.

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST POST IVE SEEN IN A WHILE :man10: :man10:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby dj vitus on Fri May 27, 2005 6:25 pm

No. Peja chokes in the playoffs, we have too many SFs already, and we need to improve on defense. B Jax is good but gets injured all the time. This trade doesn't help at all.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Hye4Life on Fri May 27, 2005 10:13 pm

I don't get the people in this forum. There is always two responses to trade ideas.....
1. Why would the other team do this?
2. Why would we do this?

If the lakers have the advantage in the trade then they say, "PIPE DREAM". If the Lakers don't have the advantage, they argue for an hour about it.

The good trades are the ones that get both responses. Some say that the kings wouldn't do this and some say the Lakers wouldn't do this. So that means this trade is pretty even. But it would greatly benefit the lakers because they get a player who doesn't need the ball in their hands to help the lakers win. However that doesn't mean that it wouldn't help the kings as well. They would get their pf/sf who could rebound and pass(which the kings love). Hey the Maloof brothers are friends with Mark Cuban and maybe they would go with his strategy of trying to make a defensive team instead of offensive.GREAT TRADE for both teams
Hye4Life

Postby Shooter871 on Fri May 27, 2005 11:29 pm

I would be fine with this trade as long we dont trade the #10th pick but our two 2nd rounders(also if we did the Bender Trade) then with our #10 pick we can get Chris Taft and our line up would look like this:

MLE:Marko Jaric
LLE:Jon Barry
Vet. Min.:Wesley Person

PG.Bobby Jackson/Marko Jaric/Chuck Atkins
SG.Kobe Bryant/Wesley Person
SF.Peja Stoakavic/Caron Butler/Jon Barry
PF.Chris Taft/Brian Grant
C.Chris Mihm/Johan Petro

Can you say 2006 NBA Champions :jam2: :jam2:
Shooter871

Postby Xepa on Sat May 28, 2005 12:02 am

Hye4Life wrote:I don't get the people in this forum. There is always two responses to trade ideas.....
1. Why would the other team do this?
2. Why would we do this?

If the lakers have the advantage in the trade then they say, "PIPE DREAM". If the Lakers don't have the advantage, they argue for an hour about it.

The good trades are the ones that get both responses. Some say that the kings wouldn't do this and some say the Lakers wouldn't do this. So that means this trade is pretty even. But it would greatly benefit the lakers because they get a player who doesn't need the ball in their hands to help the lakers win. However that doesn't mean that it wouldn't help the kings as well. They would get their pf/sf who could rebound and pass(which the kings love). Hey the Maloof brothers are friends with Mark Cuban and maybe they would go with his strategy of trying to make a defensive team instead of offensive.GREAT TRADE for both teams

Smartest thing i've heard in this rumor thread the entire year.

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby bleed purple n gold on Sat May 28, 2005 12:27 am

:bang: :bang: :bang:
NOOOOO!!!

if we trade away our starting PF, we better get another legit BIG MAN in return. i still wouldn't trade lamar and our 10 for some queens.

hope this doesn't go down.

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Postby KB24 on Sat May 28, 2005 1:31 am

Guys c´mon we can be sure the Lakers are not interested in helping the kings and Mitch knows how fans would act if he would. He ain´t that dumb.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

deals

Postby wavy on Sat May 28, 2005 2:04 am

take Garnett and draft Felton, though it's said that he won't fit in Phil triangle offense.
wavy

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Sat May 28, 2005 1:04 pm

Peja's 3pt shooting is so deadly and also is a solid rebounder. Yes I know lamar is very good but remember Peja has already been on like 3 or 4 all star teams and been in the top 5 for MVP candidates..and would have been higher if Webber had not returned. So I do not know if I would do it but he would get alot of open look's and caron could be his backup which would be sick...but If we had to give the 10th pick too I would not do it.

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby alberto on Sat May 28, 2005 6:05 pm

Trade Odom and our lottery pick for another SF that is even softer than Lamar and an injury plagued veteran guard. No way.
alberto

Postby Guest on Sat May 28, 2005 10:27 pm

marko jaric?!?!?! are u serious? marko is a CBA point gaurd

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas