Postby Okki on Mon May 30, 2005 7:14 am

Rob_Doh wrote:marko jaric?!?!?! are u serious? marko is a CBA point gaurd

the guy has skills !!!!
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Re: Steven A Smith on NBA shootaround

Postby GCMD on Mon May 30, 2005 7:48 am

lakeshow2k4 wrote:A buddy of mine told me that Steven A said the Kings are looking for takers for Peja and Bo Jax, said it would take Lamar and the #10.

So it would look something like this:

C-Mihm
PF-Bender or the # 17
SF-Peja
SG- Bryant
PG-Jackson

Bench would we deep
Atkins, Walton, Bender or the # 17, Grant, Butler, Divac, FA pickup

The reason I might consider this is with Kobe's penetration, Peja would have a field day at the 3 point stripe. Bo Jax is looking to quiet the critics that say he's injury prone, and I'm not sure there's going to be a great difference in talent if we give up the #10 and instead draft #17 with the Bender trade. I think Lamar has shown all his potential in the league and is a head case when it comes to the officials, and Peja and Bo Jax's contracts are up at the same time B Grant's are (I think?)

Sign Kyle Korver for the MLE...gets the sharpshooter, keeps LO for another trade...

Korver is just as good a shooter as Peja...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Re: Steven A Smith on NBA shootaround

Postby KB24 on Mon May 30, 2005 12:22 pm

GameCockMD wrote:
lakeshow2k4 wrote:A buddy of mine told me that Steven A said the Kings are looking for takers for Peja and Bo Jax, said it would take Lamar and the #10.

So it would look something like this:

C-Mihm
PF-Bender or the # 17
SF-Peja
SG- Bryant
PG-Jackson

Bench would we deep
Atkins, Walton, Bender or the # 17, Grant, Butler, Divac, FA pickup

The reason I might consider this is with Kobe's penetration, Peja would have a field day at the 3 point stripe. Bo Jax is looking to quiet the critics that say he's injury prone, and I'm not sure there's going to be a great difference in talent if we give up the #10 and instead draft #17 with the Bender trade. I think Lamar has shown all his potential in the league and is a head case when it comes to the officials, and Peja and Bo Jax's contracts are up at the same time B Grant's are (I think?)

Sign Kyle Korver for the MLE...gets the sharpshooter, keeps LO for another trade...

Korver is just as good a shooter as Peja...

I wouldn´t trade Lamar for any SF and maybe for 4-5 PFs in the league but the difference between Korver and Peja is Korver is definitely not starter material but Peja, allthough he has atrocious defense, still a starter. Korver has the same shooting but thats where Korvers game starts and ends. Peja is a 20+ to happen on a nightly basic.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

get boozer

Postby wavy on Tue May 31, 2005 3:19 am

bull [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] dude, Peja has never been a good deffender, i'd say we sign Korver and trade our other sf for a Pf and put Odom at SF so korver will not be a starter and that would be kick [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], i'd say we take Boozer for butler and jones. and if we draft Felton we would be a playoff team.
wavy

Re: get boozer

Postby KB24 on Tue May 31, 2005 6:50 am

wavy wrote:bull [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] dude, Peja has never been a good deffender, i'd say we sign Korver and trade our other sf for a Pf and put Odom at SF so korver will not be a starter and that would be kick [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], i'd say we take Boozer for butler and jones. and if we draft Felton we would be a playoff team.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Edgar2005 on Tue May 31, 2005 8:21 am

KB8@CL wrote:
wavy wrote:bull [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] dude, Peja has never been a good deffender, i'd say we sign Korver and trade our other sf for a Pf and put Odom at SF so korver will not be a starter and that would be kick [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], i'd say we take Boozer for butler and jones. and if we draft Felton we would be a playoff team.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
KOBE #24
Edgar2005

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue May 31, 2005 10:38 am

Edgar2005 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

I'm down with that...that would be a good team, OFFENSIVELY...i don't know how we would do defensively...
LakersChamps04

Postby alex58 on Tue May 31, 2005 10:54 am

I agree on Peja but not for odom to be traded for him. Korver is a good addition if we use some of our sf's(which we a have alot).Odom shall be our SF to come next year, unless there is a big trade for a franchize player like Garnet or O'neil.
Magic , the only way to bring back the go0d old days.
alex58

Postby KB24 on Tue May 31, 2005 12:31 pm

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Edgar2005 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

I'm down with that...that would be a good team, OFFENSIVELY...i don't know how we would do defensively...

But I know. We would suck defensively.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Laker Jam on Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:27 pm

LakRfAn wrote:I know that being a Lakers fan almost forces a person to be a Kings hater, but come on guys... Have some objectivity...

Lamar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Peja????

Really?

Yes, and here's why. The ONLY thing Peja brings that Lamar doesn't, is additional scoring. That's it. Other than that, Peja is a terrible rebounder for a guy whose 6'10". He doesn't pass the ball and make others better. He's not great at putting the ball on the floor - he's only adequate and with only 1 hand. He's a bonafide choker when it counts the most. His defense is woefully inadequate - he doesn't even really try to defend.

In contrast, Lamar scores between 5-9 pts less than Peja, that's true, but he double digit rebounder, he dishes the ball, he can handle the ball extremely well with both hands (like a guard), he has PG like court vision, he's thoroughly unselfish and he's a much better defender (it's rare that Lamar's man will torch the team on offense). Lamar is also so much longer than Peja, that it gives him an even better advantage on defense and the like. Plus, he's versatile. If other guys get in foul trouble, he can man whatever position for the time being. Heck, he was the only U.S. player to make the All-Olympic Team, and that was with him being forced to primarily play center.

I wouldn't make that deal at all. I wouldn't trade Odom for Peja and B-Jax, let alone Odom and the #10. Aside from the above which - to me - puts Odom above just Peja, that #10 pick could easily yield us a MUCH BETTER PG than Bobby Jackson. So why would we give up that player for an oft-injured 32 yr. old guy?

Seriously, this would be a terrible trade for the Lakers. I can see why the Kings would do it, but there's no reason for us to do that.
Laker Jam

Postby DMK on Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:51 pm

LA should keep Jones for the bench i think. We have 3 good peices off the bench if we could snag some better starters.

Butler, Atkins & Jones. Now i say you must keep jumaine, and the other 2 can be used for trade peices...if not caron could win the 6th man of the year award i believe off the bench, and a 3 pt bomber in chucky could give us some production off the bench if we happen to get starters while keeping 1 or 2 of them.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas