Steven A Smith on NBA shootaround

Steven A Smith on NBA shootaround

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Thu May 26, 2005 9:50 am

A buddy of mine told me that Steven A said the Kings are looking for takers for Peja and Bo Jax, said it would take Lamar and the #10.

So it would look something like this:

C-Mihm
PF-Bender or the # 17
SF-Peja
SG- Bryant
PG-Jackson

Bench would we deep
Atkins, Walton, Bender or the # 17, Grant, Butler, Divac, FA pickup

The reason I might consider this is with Kobe's penetration, Peja would have a field day at the 3 point stripe. Bo Jax is looking to quiet the critics that say he's injury prone, and I'm not sure there's going to be a great difference in talent if we give up the #10 and instead draft #17 with the Bender trade. I think Lamar has shown all his potential in the league and is a head case when it comes to the officials, and Peja and Bo Jax's contracts are up at the same time B Grant's are (I think?)
lakeshow2k4

Postby Guest on Thu May 26, 2005 11:01 am

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaq that noise.

Postby LKERFN on Thu May 26, 2005 11:18 am

:hurl: :hurl:
LKERFN

Postby High IQ on Thu May 26, 2005 11:23 am

LKERFN wrote::hurl: :hurl:
High IQ

Re: Steven A Smith on NBA shootaround

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu May 26, 2005 11:36 am

lakeshow2k4 wrote:A buddy of mine told me that Steven A said the Kings are looking for takers for Peja and Bo Jax, said it would take Lamar and the #10.

C-Mihm
PF-Bender or the # 17
SF-Peja
SG- Bryant
PG-Jackson

Bench would we deep

The reason I might consider this is with Kobe's penetration, Peja would have a field day at the 3 point stripe. Bo Jax is looking to quiet the critics that say he's injury prone, and I'm not sure there's going to be a great difference in talent if we give up the #10 and instead draft #17 with the Bender trade. I think Lamar has shown all his potential in the league and is a head case when it comes to the officials, and Peja and Bo Jax's contracts are up at the same time B Grant's are (I think?)

Call me crazy but I think I'd do it too. Peja's would have so many open shots playing with Kobe, his shooting would be deadly. We would also get a starting quality (if injury prone) PG. And, as you mentioned, we'd probably be able to get a May, Villanueva, Jack, etc at #17 anyway. Yes, our bench would be deep.

By the way.....didn't the Lakers laugh at that deal earlier in the season?

Also, isn't it funny how alot of us assume we already have the #17 pick from Indy?
Mark McNamara

Postby BDG on Thu May 26, 2005 12:08 pm

Definitely not worth it. If you thought Caron didn't know how to play defense... at least Caron has the potential to be a solid defender if he works on it.

And as good as Peja is, he is a proven choker. So you may say, "But Kobe's taking our clutch shots" . . . a) we need someone to take a little bit of pressure off Kobe just so teams can't triple on him in crunch time, forcing him to pass to guys who can't hit big shots b) throughout the game you can't win by the 3 point shot in the playoffs.

Not worth giving LO & potentially a future star for these guys.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Thu May 26, 2005 12:26 pm

I wouldn't give up that 10th pick. Only way I would look at this for longer than two seconds, is if we were able to do the Boozer for Caron + others trade. Because if we traded Odom for Peja and still had Caron, we would have the same problem we had last year, too many SFs. Any none of them can play any D.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Charles on Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 pm

Lamar is twice as versatile and twice the individual player Peja is. I think I'd even keep Butler over Peja. I hate Peja. Peja sickens me.

Bobby Jackson is just going to get injured for another year, he's 32+, injury-prone, no thanks.
Charles

Postby Edgar2005 on Thu May 26, 2005 1:11 pm

Charles wrote:Lamar is twice as versatile and twice the individual player Peja is. I think I'd even keep Butler over Peja. I hate Peja. Peja sickens me.

Bobby Jackson is just going to get injured for another year, he's 32+, injury-prone, no thanks.

Yeah i think you're right.... I rather trade Butler and Mihm for Boozer....
KOBE #24
Edgar2005

Re: Steven A Smith on NBA shootaround

Postby The Laker Link on Thu May 26, 2005 1:42 pm

lakeshow2k4 wrote:A buddy of mine told me that Steven A said the Kings are looking for takers for Peja and Bo Jax, said it would take Lamar and the #10.

C-Mihm
PF-Bender or the # 17
SF-Peja
SG- Bryant
PG-Jackson

Bench would we deep

I'd rather have Odom and the #10 or Peja and the #10 than no #10 and/or no Odom at all so no thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hurl: :lol: :fatshaq: :bricks: :splat:
The Laker Link

Postby KB24 on Thu May 26, 2005 3:37 pm

Not going to happen. Your buddy OR SS LIED
ITS BOGUS. PERIOD. Odom >>>>>>> Peja.
Last edited by KB24 on Thu May 26, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LakRfAn on Thu May 26, 2005 4:02 pm

I know that being a Lakers fan almost forces a person to be a Kings hater, but come on guys... Have some objectivity...

Lamar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Peja????

Really?

I for one thing Peja would make this team far more dangerous than Lamar.

Granted, we're in a tough situation with size, so we would have to also have a way to acquire a big, but Peja would be a great fit for this team.

He's a guy who worked his way onto the All-Star team and into MVP-candidacy by hitting open shots his teammates created for him. Where would he get more open shots than playing with Kobe?

Not only that, but I think he's not nearly as poor a defender as he's made out to be.
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby mojoballer on Thu May 26, 2005 4:26 pm

That's only a good trade IF WE CAN GET A PF via another trade (Boozer).

Otherwise, we need to keep our best rebounder, interior defender - Odom.
mojoballer

Postby LakerLord3 on Thu May 26, 2005 4:31 pm

3 pointers dont win championships. The lakers organazation knows that. Give lamar,caron, and kobe 2 years to devolop and we'll be one hell of a team to beat.

Kobe
caron
lamar
taft
mihm

+2 years. That will be good
sasha is my neighbor
LakerLord3

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Thu May 26, 2005 4:34 pm

mojoballer wrote:That's only a good trade IF WE CAN GET A PF via another trade (Boozer).

Is Lamar a good interior defender??
lakeshow2k4

Postby KB24 on Thu May 26, 2005 4:37 pm

lakeshow2k4 wrote:
mojoballer wrote:That's only a good trade IF WE CAN GET A PF via another trade (Boozer).

What about reading :man1: ? To answer it Lamar is NOT a great interior defender but our best.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby EQualizer on Thu May 26, 2005 4:38 pm

lakeshow2k4 wrote:

even if he wasnt..who would be better?? mihm?? thats seriously IT if anyone better at interior defense then it'd be like mihm.....

and he does rebound the most, know tradea way those 10 rbg for peja who gets like 5 and well = our defense sucks even more, give up more rebounds

AND our defense sucks and sucks and sucks, AND unless we acquire more PFs it seriously unbalances our team becuase we just traded a player that could play PF for a player that CANT play PF
EQualizer

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Thu May 26, 2005 5:00 pm

I would never take any Kings player (hey Divac is the exception, he was on the Lakers before).
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby flexxdzl on Thu May 26, 2005 5:09 pm

Once again pearls of wisdom from the ...uh.. well anyway what we would have to do would be .. peja and bo jax for odom strait up... keep our number 10 pick and I would do it ... look Lo is not going to be a pf.. his heart is not in it he feels he is a 123 guard... peja only fault would be his defense... but he is going to nail every kick out pass.. we don't have to worry about choking we have Kobe he will have the ball is the last seconds anyway.

We could take our entire draft and spend it on big men and hope at least 2 of them pan out including Marcus Do. and take our mle a nd lle and do this ( sign james and brown )

Bo jax/ jaric
ko/jj
peja/devan
K, brown/grant
james/mihm
flexxdzl

Postby Lakerfan36 on Thu May 26, 2005 5:15 pm

:bang:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu May 26, 2005 5:44 pm

odom for peja + bbjax, id do. Anything over is robbery.
MarkMadsen

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Thu May 26, 2005 5:45 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
lakeshow2k4 wrote:

What about reading :man1: ? To answer it Lamar is NOT a great interior defender but our best.

How many blocks did Lamar get in the interior? How many did Mihm get? Oh okay
lakeshow2k4

Postby KB24 on Thu May 26, 2005 5:58 pm

lakeshow2k4 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
lakeshow2k4 wrote:

How many blocks did Lamar get in the interior? How many did Mihm get? Oh okay

So blocks are the ultimate proof of who is a better defender and who is a worse defender. :man10:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Laker Jam on Thu May 26, 2005 6:15 pm

lakeshow2k4 wrote:

He clearly is. Just look at how many PFs killed us last year. Very, very few. Our problem was not post players killing us, save for a few exceptions. Moreso, it was that Lamar's just not intimidating, so he doesn't keep guards from attacking the basket and he's not a big, thick body that takes up space and is physical. That's why the ideal is to keep him at SF, add a bruiser at PF or at C (which would then move Mihm to PF) and we'd have a imposing frontline.
Laker Jam

Postby hZm on Thu May 26, 2005 6:24 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote::bang:

:bang: :bang: :bang:
hZm

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas