Adam Morrison 5,257,229
Jordan Farmar 1,947,240
DJ Mbenga 959,111
Total: 8,163,580

Lakers Incoming:
Kirk Hinrich 9,500,000

It works under the current CBA rules.

Why LAL shoud do this:
It gives the lakers a legitimate Point Guard, who could shoot 3's and defend very well, who are underrated by this year's stats due to injury, whose position's been occupied by Derrick Rose.

Kirk's contract is also reasonable. 09-10 is 9.5 million. The next year's descending to 9 million, and then 8 million in the final year.

Why CHI should do this:
No one wants to give Adam Morrison a qualifying offer of nearly 6.9 million, so bulls could abandon his bird right, making him an expring contract, cos he has only one year left in his rookie contract.

So does Jordan Farmar. But bulls may give him an extension to sign up a backup PG behind Derrick Rose. Jordan never proves to us he 's able to pick up the torch should Derek Fisher retire, but he's a good bench player and won't cost too much.

DJ Mbenga's contract could be off the book if they waive him after the trade. His contract is not guaranteed. Then Bulls immediately save 2.3 million dollars next year.

Moreover and more importantly, with Mbenga and Morrison off the book in summer 2010, Bulls have enough cap space to pursue Chris Bosh. They will have Chris Bosh+Luol Deng in the front line, John Salmons+ Derrick Rose in the back court, and Jordan Farmar+ Tyrus Thomas+Joakim Noah as their main bench players.
Last edited by hellangel on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellangel

Re: Summer CHI LAL Trade Idea

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:41 pm

If the Lakers win a ring, I wouldn't make any changes whatsoever. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If they lose in the playoffs this year, then I'll come back to this thread, but right now they're on a championship run and concentration be on that 100% of the way.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby hellangel on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:13 pm

therealdeal wrote:If the Lakers win a ring, I wouldn't make any changes whatsoever. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If they lose in the playoffs this year, then I'll come back to this thread, but right now they're on a championship run and concentration be on that 100% of the way.

I don't think so. Even if lakers win the ring this year, it is still critical to find a new PG, cos Fisher is showing signs of decline.

I can't make up my mind that Jordan Farmar is up to that position. He is not capable of stopping even a little bit of penetration, and he is turnover prone in the offensive end in the run-and-gun pace, not to mention half-court.

Sure the lakers should focus on the chapoinship right now. But everyone here is only an observer. And believe me, you don't want Jordan to be among our future Starting Five whatsoever...
hellangel

Postby Larry14r on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:55 pm

hellangel wrote:
therealdeal wrote:If the Lakers win a ring, I wouldn't make any changes whatsoever. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I don't think so. Even if lakers win the ring this year, it is still critical to find a new PG, cos Fisher is showing signs of decline.

I can't make up my mind that Jordan Farmar is up to that position. He is not capable of stopping even a little bit of penetration, and he is turnover prone in the offensive end in the run-and-gun pace, not to mention half-court.

Sure the lakers should focus on the chapoinship right now. But everyone here is only an observer. And believe me, you don't want Jordan to be among our future Starting Five whatsoever...

I got a better idea go draft a PG because all our money is going to be tied up to Odom and Ariza anyways. Remember luxury tax.
Larry14r

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:37 pm

hellangel wrote:

Jordan has done nothing to prove to me that he cannot be a good starting PG at some point in the future. As I've said, if they win the championship there's no reason to make any changes. Fisher's FG%s are some of his best in his career ( 3rd out of his years of plays) and his 3 pt. % is his best ever. He is making smart plays and displaying his veteran knowledge. He's fine. He has at least one more year of starting before he may start to be a real liability. Jordan Farmar has plenty of time to continue to develop.

Again, ring first. Off-season later.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby hellangel on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Larry14r wrote:
hellangel wrote:

I got a better idea go draft a PG because all our money is going to be tied up to Odom and Ariza anyways. Remember luxury tax.

yeah luxury tax maybe the main reason Lakers reject this deal. My proposal could always eliminate odom's chance to remain a laker. That's what frustrated me. But I don't think drafting is a good idea. Ricky Rubio and Jeff Teaque are lottery picks, Ty Lawson is quick but undersized, not a triangle PG.

Maybe we could use the Trade Exception to get Javaris Crittenton back? Washington is trying to avoid luxury tax.
Last edited by hellangel on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellangel

Postby hellangel on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:03 pm

therealdeal wrote:Jordan has done nothing to prove to me that he cannot be a good starting PG at some point in the future. As I've said, if they win the championship there's no reason to make any changes. Fisher's FG%s are some of his best in his career ( 3rd out of his years of plays) and his 3 pt. % is his best ever. He is making smart plays and displaying his veteran knowledge. He's fine. He has at least one more year of starting before he may start to be a real liability. Jordan Farmar has plenty of time to continue to develop.

Again, ring first. Off-season later.

So in your opinion, Jordan is typical triangel PG?

Fisher is alright cos Phil is always protecting him in the regular season. Look at his minutes. Last year's playoff, when Jordan was extremely owned by Deron or even Ronnie Price, Fisher had to go through numerous injuries to play more minutes, which severely reduced his production in the Finals.

I have no doubt Fisher is far away from being a liability. But he must have a legitimate shift to extend his career as a laker. You mentioned veteran knowledge, that's what we lacks right now.

Again. I know it's an offseason issue. Lakers can't make trade talks until then.
hellangel

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm

I never said that Farmar is a typical triangle PG, but the beauty of the triangle is that the PG doesn't necessarily have to be a typical PG. Fisher is not what you would call a typical triangle PG, but he works in the current system anyway. Jordan is getting better on both sides of the ball, especially after his injury. He's still young, give him time to develop and he'll be fine.

Incidentally, FIsh's minutes are actually up from his last few seasons and he's still producing at a great level. Also, remember that the Lakers didn't really have good depth at the PG position last season. Now they have Shannon Brown, and although he may not be great, he's definitely able to provide 5 min. for relief if need be.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:56 pm

who's to say Farmar wont demand MLE and possibly more when the time comes? I do the trade regardless of winning it all or not this yr. Also isn't Hinrich contract the kind that decreases throughout lenght of it...so he'll probabaly end up costing the same as Farmar in a couple of seasons if Farmar gets MLE+raises.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:09 am

[quote="therealdeal"]If the Lakers win a ring, I wouldn't make any changes whatsoever. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If they lose in the playoffs this year, then I'll come back to this thread, but right now they're on a championship run and concentration be on that 100% of the way.[/quote]

Looks broken to me realdeal
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Two losses when they're still the best in the league is broken? Keep looking khmrP.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:39 pm

^^^NOT referring to the TEAM referring to FARMAR
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Farmar is struggling lately, but he's not the only one doing that so unless you're also willing to trade away Sasha, Trevor and Powell you can't just call out Farmar.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:54 am

realdeal...do you read what you post before you hit the reply bottom? Cause I dont know why in the hell you would need to mention Ariza/Powell, Powel is min. signing why I expect anything out of him? As for Ariza its a gm or two hes been pretty consisent all season, this trade scenario is to improve our POTENTIAL starting G, you can't tell me you're confident with Farmar as a starter. As for Sasha thats whole nother story and he has nothing to do with this trade scenario.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Yes I do read my posts. You're saying that Farmar is struggling, but the whole bench is struggling so why not bash them too?

I never said I was confident in Farmar starting, but there could be worse scenarios. Farmar is still young and still developing.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:15 pm

^^^so you're saying Ariza has struggle ALL year like Farmar. I already said Sasha is another story. This TOPIC is about trading away FARMAR not bout the BENCH struggling. As for Sasha, his' contract already suck balls so there no point moaning bout trading him, Farmar is still on his rookie contract.....its his 3rd yr now if you're developing correctly you dont regress in your play. Also IF one trick PONY Sasha got MLE whos to say Farmar wont, with our record of giving players big contracts I can fairly say more then likely we'll have Luke 3.0 on our hands :bang:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Well let's see first off : Farmar hasn't struggled all year long. He did well start the year, and he did well coming back from injury.

Second : Sasha's contract is pretty reasonable for what he brings to the team. I may be pissed that he's not making the shots like he did last year, but he's worth 5 mil. easily. Besides his contract is only 3 years long, so for a contract that sucks balls, that's pretty damn good.

Third : Farmar may or may not get the MLE, and if he does, that's fine. That's what role players should get, so what's wrong with that? As long as the contract doesn't go for more than 3-4 years, it's not a big deal.

Luke's contract is only really bad because it's 6 years long, otherwise it's pretty reasonable.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby eNlight on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:21 am

i'm doing the trade. if we get mbenga back, i'm happy with this trade.

i don't see why we shouldn't do this deal. this is a win win for us. there is no reason for farmar to be back on this team.

now if farmar starts to play good next year, ouch, i just bit my own tongue.
eNlight

Postby Larry14r on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:51 pm

eNlight wrote:i'm doing the trade. if we get mbenga back, i'm happy with this trade.

i don't see why we shouldn't do this deal. this is a win win for us. there is no reason for farmar to be back on this team.

now if farmar starts to play good next year, ouch, i just bit my own tongue.

Expect it won't happen because we are over the luxury tax meaning after signing Ariza and Odom we might have no money left to add him.
Larry14r

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas