The lakers offseason

The lakers offseason

Postby kobesbro on Tue May 10, 2005 12:35 pm

First of all the lakers won't get KG for one perpose only kg said hes not the type of player to leave his own team and go to another to win he wants to win in Minnesota. Lakers won't get boozer because the Jazz on said on may acations they will keep him.So the lakers will laid a Kwame Brown hes a under achevier but look he plays exwctly like Jermaine Oneal when he was with Portalnd the lakers will probaly do a sign and trade sending JJ AND Divac. Second a source close to the Laker organzation tlod me the lakers may try to move up in the draft a source said they may make a block buster deal with porland to get SAR ruben and Anderson and ther pic for grant butler our pic and second rounder. THE deal with the pacer will go thrugh as soon as the piston beat the pacers the lakers will use the mle on a vertan point like antoine daniels to mentor a ypung poit we will draft so the lakers line up will look something like this
pg felton,daniels,Dee brown
sg kobe,anderson,saha
sf odom,ruben,luke
pf sar, brown,bender
c petro,mihm, ming ming
coach phil jackson or larry brown
this team can go far in the playoffs
kobesbro

Postby SWOL on Tue May 10, 2005 1:05 pm

REEF AND DA, WOULD BE NICE
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Re: The lakers offseason

Postby Alleyhoops on Tue May 10, 2005 1:19 pm

kobesbro wrote:First of all the lakers won't get KG for one perpose only kg said hes not the type of player to leave his own team and go to another to win he wants to win in Minnesota. Lakers won't get boozer because the Jazz on said on may acations they will keep him.So the lakers will laid a Kwame Brown hes a under achevier but look he plays exwctly like Jermaine Oneal when he was with Portalnd the lakers will probaly do a sign and trade sending JJ AND Divac. Second a source close to the Laker organzation tlod me the lakers may try to move up in the draft a source said they may make a block buster deal with porland to get SAR ruben and Anderson and ther pic for grant butler our pic and second rounder. THE deal with the pacer will go thrugh as soon as the piston beat the pacers the lakers will use the mle on a vertan point like antoine daniels to mentor a ypung poit we will draft so the lakers line up will look something like this
sg kobe,anderson,saha
sf odom,ruben,luke
pf sar, brown,bender
c petro,mihm, ming ming

if you're proposed roster is as accurate as your "source," lock this bad boy. the lakers and clippers worked out ming ming last week and mychal thompson on klac said it was an absolute joke. the guy had no skills, was slower than a turtle and got tired walking to one end of the floor. the workout was apparently called off after a few minutes.

stick this in "discussions." can we all just keep this one forum clean?
Alleyhoops

Postby venturalakersfan on Tue May 10, 2005 2:00 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:
if you're proposed roster is as accurate as your "source," lock this bad boy. the lakers and clippers worked out ming ming last week and mychal thompson on klac said it was an absolute joke. the guy had no skills, was slower than a turtle and got tired walking to one end of the floor. the workout was apparently called off after a few minutes.

Your "source" on Ming's workout wasn't accurate at all. Ming worked out for 2 hours, ran the floor, hit shots everywhere from inside the 3-point line, and dunked flat-footed. Not that he is ready for the NBA, but anyone who says he has no skills knows nothing about the game. Besides the fact, there was no one from the media at the workout, so your source couldn't know what he was talking about.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Postby Shooter871 on Tue May 10, 2005 3:08 pm

who is Petro.
Shooter871

Postby UKUGA on Tue May 10, 2005 3:56 pm

Shooter871 wrote:who is Petro.

some big, gangly guy from France.

Chad Ford says he has, "upside." :sing:
UKUGA

Postby RHCP on Tue May 10, 2005 4:22 pm

kobesbro wrote:they may make a block buster deal with porland to get SAR ruben and Anderson and ther pic for grant butler our pic and second rounder.

Ok let me get this in everybodys head. This is not a trade rumor. Dave Smith simply added in his interview with Emplay that this is what he would like to see happen. Nowhere in the interview did he say it was a actual rumor.
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby SWOL on Tue May 10, 2005 4:40 pm

EMPLAY IS HIS INSIDE SOURCE :man1:
SWOL

Postby RHCP on Tue May 10, 2005 4:49 pm

swolswol wrote:EMPLAY IS HIS INSIDE SOURCE :man1:

Well in the interview, Emplay responded and said it was highly unlikely that would happen, and he doubts the Blazers are considering it.
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby DMK on Tue May 10, 2005 4:57 pm

Am i still crazy for wanting Ron Artest for the Lakers? Something about this guy made me hate him for so long,(mainly cause my friend is a pacers fan) but @ SF he can score 25 a night while shutting down the best player on the opposing team EASILY.

Kobe Bryant is a multiple All Defensive team player, Ron Artest is last years Defensive Player of the year. The addition of artest would not only help with the scoring, but kobe wouldnt really need to waste all his energy on defending a Tmac or Lebron etc.

I dont care what anyone says, the guy i want LA to get and i think its very logical to consider, is RON ARTEST!

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby echo nation on Tue May 10, 2005 5:52 pm

i feel sorry for anyone trying to pentrate vs Kobe and Artest

but i also feel sorry for the coach that has them both too
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby DMK on Tue May 10, 2005 6:26 pm

Phil jackson ^^^ He coached Rodman, and VERY effectively (beside the whole camerman crotch kick lol)

Artest.... i would be nearly as happy as i was when GP/KM signed with us!

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby LakerLord3 on Tue May 10, 2005 6:49 pm

I like this stuff kobesbro but where the hell do u get it?
We would have a killer lineup if its true
sasha is my neighbor
LakerLord3

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue May 10, 2005 8:03 pm

kobesbro wrote:First of all the lakers won't get KG for one perpose only kg said hes not the type of player to leave his own team and go to another to win he wants to win in Minnesota. Lakers won't get boozer because the Jazz on said on may acations they will keep him.So the lakers will laid a Kwame Brown hes a under achevier but look he plays exwctly like Jermaine Oneal when he was with Portalnd the lakers will probaly do a sign and trade sending JJ AND Divac. Second a source close to the Laker organzation tlod me the lakers may try to move up in the draft a source said they may make a block buster deal with porland to get SAR ruben and Anderson and ther pic for grant butler our pic and second rounder. THE deal with the pacer will go thrugh as soon as the piston beat the pacers the lakers will use the mle on a vertan point like antoine daniels to mentor a ypung poit we will draft so the lakers line up will look something like this
sg kobe,anderson,saha
sf odom,ruben,luke
pf sar, brown,bender
c petro,mihm, ming ming

Did your source said anything about Magic suiting up next year and being our starting center?? :man10:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby KB24 on Tue May 10, 2005 11:23 pm

Thanks for the post. It is a nice trade.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Alleyhoops on Wed May 11, 2005 1:24 am

venturalakersfan wrote:
Alleyhoops wrote:

Your "source" on Ming's workout wasn't accurate at all. Ming worked out for 2 hours, ran the floor, hit shots everywhere from inside the 3-point line, and dunked flat-footed. Not that he is ready for the NBA, but anyone who says he has no skills knows nothing about the game. Besides the fact, there was no one from the media at the workout, so your source couldn't know what he was talking about.

What's with the "quotes"? My post was in plain English. Mychal Thompson on KLAC was the source.

Must "be" pretty "cool" to have the "ups" on a "former" Laker "player" and "current" employee.

If no one from the media was there, what's your "source" for his spectacular workout?
Alleyhoops

Postby venturalakersfan on Wed May 11, 2005 11:58 am

Alleyhoops wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Alleyhoops wrote:

What's with the "quotes"? My post was in plain English. Mychal Thompson on KLAC was the source.

Must "be" pretty "cool" to have the "ups" on a "former" Laker "player" and "current" employee.

If no one from the media was there, what's your "source" for his spectacular workout?

Michael Thompson wasn't there. I got the info straight from his agent, who was there. Ming has skills, and can run the floor. As I said, it doesn't mean he will be an NBA player, but Thompson obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. He must be hanging around Hartman too much.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Postby Alleyhoops on Wed May 11, 2005 1:13 pm

venturalakersfan wrote:
Alleyhoops wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Alleyhoops wrote:

Michael Thompson wasn't there. I got the info straight from his agent, who was there. Ming has skills, and can run the floor. As I said, it doesn't mean he will be an NBA player, but Thompson obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. He must be hanging around Hartman too much.

but thompson obviously got his info from someone with the lakers who was at the workout.

i'm not sure an agent who stands to make big change if his client signs somewhere is a very objective source. in fact, i'd think he'd hype his client wherever and whenever he could. i'd dismiss a source with lots at stake as someone who's terribly biased. kinda like jeffrey dahmer's mom maintaining her son is innocent, watching as he swallows a few more toes.

maybe ming ming will get a chance to run at the spl this july. i'd like to see that.
Alleyhoops

Postby SWOL on Wed May 11, 2005 3:06 pm

Derek Anderson $8,443,500
Ruben Patterson $5,899,400

$14,342,900

Brian Grant $13,223,434
Caron Butler $2,448,715

$15,672,149

SO SHAREEF IS GOING TO RESIGN FOR $822,186

THAT IS BELOW THE LEAGUE MIN

ANOTHER THREAD WITH UNANSEWRED QUESTIONS, ID LIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK
SWOL

Postby Laker Jam on Thu May 12, 2005 2:18 pm

swolswol wrote:Derek Anderson $8,443,500
Ruben Patterson $5,899,400

$14,342,900

Brian Grant $13,223,434
Caron Butler $2,448,715

$15,672,149

SO SHAREEF IS GOING TO RESIGN FOR $822,186

THAT IS BELOW THE LEAGUE MIN

ANOTHER THREAD WITH UNANSEWRED QUESTIONS, ID LIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK

Sometimes when people leak out information, they only give the names of primary players. Often that will happen because the source can't remember the names of the insignificant guys. It happens all the time. Clearly, if this deal was to go down, it would have to involve other players. OR it could be a situation where the deal is either/or Anderson/Patterson vs. both of them.

Point is that just because all the figures, players, circumstances are not provided, doesn't mean there are no discussions taking place on a deal that involves those specific guys.
Laker Jam

Postby SWOL on Fri May 13, 2005 10:45 am

GOOD ENOUGH, I CAN ACCEPT THAT EXPLAINATION, TO ONLY GIVE UP GRANT AND BUTLER AND GET RUBEN AND REEF IS A GOOD THING
SWOL

Postby DC_King on Fri May 13, 2005 1:30 pm

sg kobe,anderson,saha
sf odom,ruben,luke
pf sar, brown,bender
c petro,mihm, ming ming

Nasty lineup.

Who is petro, sar, and ming, ming, please do not not tell me they are rookies
Long Live The King
DC_King

Postby alex58 on Fri May 13, 2005 1:48 pm

The Big question is what the lakers will get for Butler in this trade. We have a very good value in this player , and i think we have to be sure that we can get the the best we can for a very good player like him. Artest will be a good trade if we sign and trade caron.
what do u think?
Magic , the only way to bring back the go0d old days.
alex58

Postby KB24 on Fri May 13, 2005 2:08 pm

This idea is BS. This guy is lying. There is no SAR trade.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby venturalakersfan on Sat May 14, 2005 10:25 pm

It looks like Sun Ming Ming will likely end up with the Pacers, according to his agent. He also told me that there is a 20-year old, 6-9 point guard in China that is the real deal, and that he is trying to sign. He wanted him to declare for this draft, in hopes he wouldn't be drafted and could sign as a free agent.
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas