If the Lakers trade Odom...

If the Lakers trade Odom...

Postby ajlakersalldaway on Thu May 04, 2006 9:06 am

If the lakers trade Odom I will be so pissed. Kevin Garnett who? Lamar Odom baby!!! He is amazing. Just like Greg Anthony said, Lamar Odom has been the best player on the Lakers in the playoffs and at the end of the season.
I wish it was SHOWTIME!
ajlakersalldaway

Postby Satan on Thu May 04, 2006 9:16 am

Not that I'm for trading him (unless we're getting something great back in return) but if we were going to, now would be the time to do it. His stock is probably about as high as its ever been, we'd get more bang for the buck. If Smush hadn't dissapeared the last couple games, we coulda gotten more for him too.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby High IQ on Thu May 04, 2006 12:05 pm

let's trade Odom for Raja Bell :man1:
just kidding.
High IQ

Postby wavy on Thu May 04, 2006 12:32 pm

High IQ wrote:let's trade Odom for Raja Bell :man1:
just kidding.

hey that is a raceist joke, lol. no in fact if we can get something realy GREAT we don't need to trade him he's becoming great and i expect huge things from him next year.
wavy

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu May 04, 2006 4:42 pm

Odom is going no where. He is untouchable on this roster... it's time people realize that.

In the first five games this postseason, look at these numbers:

-20 point per game on 51% shooting.
-12.2 boards per game (Best in post season so far)
-4.6 assists per game
-1.4 blocks per game

Go ahead and add that to the fact he was arguably the best player on our team since the All-Star break.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Still A Dynasty on Thu May 04, 2006 5:07 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Odom is going no where. He is untouchable on this roster... it's time people realize that.

-4.6 assists per game
-1.4 blocks per game

Go ahead and add that to the fact he was arguably the best player on our team since the All-Star break.

exactly...nor do i want him to go anywhere

he is just scratching the surface of what he can do. look at pippen. his numbers in his first in in the tri were to similar to odom's minus rebound but more d. every year he got better. Lamar has the best skill set in the nba. nobody else can do that things lamar does and phil knows this. phil will make him an all star.

i dare to say this but...imo he is as untouchable as kobe.
Still A Dynasty

Postby LarryAllen73 on Thu May 04, 2006 6:52 pm

WoW This is a nice trade rumor
LarryAllen73

Postby blinkme28 on Sat May 06, 2006 4:56 pm

I feel as if he will not get traded because of the Phil factor. Phil wants experienced players who know his offense. Trading Odom for someone who has no triangle experience is like taking steps backwards. We've progressed so much this year as the season went on and taking Odom away will ruin the growth of this team. Just think, if Odom stays and this core of players continues to grow and learns how to play consistently , I think we can make the conference finals in Phils final contract year (it doesn't matter which part of the bracket we are in). Another thing we have to consider with the Phil factor is that his teams don't change much. No real major changes in his Chicago championship years and the same with his first 5 years with the Lakers with the exception of Karl and Gary.
blinkme28

Postby trodgers on Sat May 06, 2006 5:14 pm

Odom's staying put. This is what Jackson wanted...his amazing finisher and his facilitator. He has always had Kobe, but now I think he knows that Odom is legit.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby kobe24bryant on Sun May 07, 2006 5:20 am

lamar ain't goin nowhere. if the lakers trade him, we go 2 steps back. he is a perfect fit with kobe. if mitch does trade him (you never know with this guy)....then we've offically become the clippers of old....trading away or never resigning good talent.
kobe24bryant

Postby Ludachris on Sun May 07, 2006 7:41 am

Trade Kwame Brown, Smuch Parker, Brian Cook, and throw in someone valuable so we can get a decent point guard or power forward... oh wait, we don't have any other valuable players.

It's tough to imagine we're still hurting in regards to the salary cap with the roster we have. Mitch and Phil better get together this offseason and do some serious player evaluation. We need more defense, better shooting, and another player who can drive to the basket. We need smart players, not guys with athletic potential - we have plenty of those.

I miss Fisher so much. I wish we could have kept him. Replace Parker with him and we probably would have won this series.
Ludachris

Postby Yellow_And_Purple on Sun May 07, 2006 9:55 am

Bye Cook, and Smush.
Born in LA.

I bleed Yellow and Purple.
Yellow_And_Purple

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Mon May 08, 2006 11:47 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Odom is going no where. He is untouchable on this roster... it's time people realize that.

-4.6 assists per game
-1.4 blocks per game

They did try to trade him before the deadline. I don't think anyone us untouchable except Kobe!!!!
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby strikemode14 on Tue May 09, 2006 9:55 am

L8KERS4LIFE wrote:
They did try to trade him before the deadline. I don't think anyone us untouchable except Kobe!!!!

No they didn't. They were trade rumors going around but, LO was never in any real danger. Heck they wouldn't even trade LO for Artest. From what I have heard the C's offered up Pierce for LO and they declined. The lakers like LO and he isn't going anywhere.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby DC_King on Tue May 09, 2006 11:44 am

How about Lamar odom for Chris BoshThey both produce the same numbers, except in assts., but he is more consistent. I hope I spelled it right. If I did not, sorry.
Long Live The King
DC_King

Postby strikemode14 on Tue May 09, 2006 6:25 pm

DC_King wrote:How about Lamar odom for Chris BoshThey both produce the same numbers, except in assts., but he is more consistent. I hope I spelled it right. If I did not, sorry.

Toronto does this becuase of???
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Re: If the Lakers trade Odom...

Postby JJigga3000 on Wed May 10, 2006 2:34 am

ajlakersalldaway wrote:If the lakers trade Odom I will be so pissed. Kevin Garnett who? Lamar Odom baby!!! He is amazing. Just like Greg Anthony said, Lamar Odom has been the best player on the Lakers in the playoffs and at the end of the season.
That's what I'm saying. You don't give up the second best player next to Kobe do get someone decling in their career
JJigga3000

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed May 10, 2006 3:04 am

yea yea, youd guys be happy after the first game.
MarkMadsen

Lamar ODOM

Postby Lakers#1fan on Wed May 10, 2006 8:31 pm

I think Odom played great for us this year. But anyways we should trade him if we can get a good player in return like KG or Jermaine O'neal!!!! :mhihi:
Lakers#1fan

Postby return2greatness on Mon May 15, 2006 12:47 pm

strikemode14 wrote:
L8KERS4LIFE wrote:

No they didn't. They were trade rumors going around but, LO was never in any real danger. Heck they wouldn't even trade LO for Artest. From what I have heard the C's offered up Pierce for LO and they declined. The lakers like LO and he isn't going anywhere.

i think you got it the other way around.
return2greatness

Postby return2greatness on Mon May 15, 2006 12:47 pm

JJigga3000 wrote:
ajlakersalldaway wrote:If the lakers trade Odom I will be so pissed. Kevin Garnett who? Lamar Odom baby!!! He is amazing. Just like Greg Anthony said, Lamar Odom has been the best player on the Lakers in the playoffs and at the end of the season.
That's what I'm saying. You don't give up the second best player next to Kobe do get someone decling in their career

KG is not declining.
return2greatness

Postby rayboi8 on Mon May 15, 2006 4:54 pm

the thing is, do you ever see lamar odom being our second best player and us winning a championship??? because i dont

lamar just seems like one of those players who will never win a championship
rayboi8

Postby 10scott10 on Mon May 15, 2006 5:43 pm

strikemode14 wrote:
L8KERS4LIFE wrote:

not what i have heard from interviews with mitch. they had already traded LO for artest, until the pacers withdrew from the trade. there is evidence such as the apartment artest bought in LA.
10scott10

Postby Inglewood's Finest on Mon May 15, 2006 6:59 pm

ImageMagicBryant32-propz for sig!! laker1,makveli,HitEmUp,InThe Key,Shizz,xXAsGrEaTAs8 Xx,Ballin,GUnit,Flipogb,TheKobeEra 2K5,KobeistheGreatest1,Showtime.Revival.05Ruffryder,8,Balla4life,High IQ,Hype,Caron1,LakerChamp04,Lfan36,JbOi112,mkv14,apexed,ahaider,camilo
Inglewood's Finest

Postby TaniBoyz on Mon May 15, 2006 11:12 pm

Odom for LeBron and Gooden :man1:
TaniBoyz

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas