The Perfect KG Trade That Makes Sense

Postby 2pacZGreat on Thu May 25, 2006 7:17 pm

BLAZE DANK wrote:if you didnt notice, i revised the trade and posted the revised version about a couple posts up..

we keep mihm and add griffin

Replace Mihm w/ Brown and we have a deal.
2pacZGreat

Postby Charles on Thu May 25, 2006 7:43 pm

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:you cant be serious, the wolves get completely screwed while NY gets the best of the bargain....

I dont want to give up odom for kg. Odom will be > KG in 2 years.
Keep hoping. Odom hasn't developed into a 20/10 player after 7 years, while KG will still be a nightly 20/10 guy through 34 because of his extremely high skill level alone.
Charles

Postby revgen on Thu May 25, 2006 7:56 pm

I say keep the team how it is.

If Lamar can play like he did at the end of the season and into the playoffs (sans game 7) or even better he'll be more valuable than KG. Also, B. Grant's contract will be done and we'll have enough left over to either resign Mihm or get someone else. Bynum will at least be a good rebounder/shotblocker off the bench if not better.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Maverick on Thu May 25, 2006 9:57 pm

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:you cant be serious, the wolves get completely screwed while NY gets the best of the bargain....

THAT'S RIGHT!!! He's our left handed kg!!! :bang:
Maverick

Re: The Perfect KG Trade That Makes Sense

Postby tttppp on Thu May 25, 2006 10:11 pm

BLAZE DANK wrote:Lakers
Out: Mihm, Bynum, Brown, Odom
In: KG, Jaric, QRich
Why: KG

Wolves
Out: KG, R. Davis, Jaric
In: J. Rose, Taylor, Mihm, Frye, Bynum
Why: They let go of KG and begin rebuilding process. They let go of 2 big contracts (Davis and Jaric) and get over 30 mil in expiring contracts and 2 young big men: Frye and Bynum

Knicks
Out: Frye, Taylor, J. Rose
In: Brown, R. Davis, Odom, McKie
Why: They basically trade Frye for Brown, Odom, Davis

Comments? :man1:

Incredibly stupid trade...probably the dumbest KG trade I've seen...and they're all dumb.
tttppp

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Thu May 25, 2006 10:16 pm

Charles wrote:

Keep hoping. Odom hasn't developed into a 20/10 player after 7 years, while KG will still be a nightly 20/10 guy through 34 because of his extremely high skill level alone.

LO will average 18/12/6 next year and he is only 26 years old

Did you guys read his exit conference? if he does half of any of the things he said he will become a great great player....If kobe believes in him I do, and it seems kobes will to improve has been spread to him....

KG is 30 and past his prime , and has bad knees and has played a lot LOT more minutes than LO....

KG has 3-5 more years left .....

LO is Younger than kobe, more versatile...
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby Apexed on Thu May 25, 2006 10:26 pm

Give it up......KG will retire a wolf
Apexed

Postby Ataris_PunK on Thu May 25, 2006 10:29 pm

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:
Charles wrote:

Did you guys read his exit conference? if he does half of any of the things he said he will become a great great player....If kobe believes in him I do, and it seems kobes will to improve has been spread to him....

KG is 30 and past his prime , and has bad knees and has played a lot LOT more minutes than LO....

Couldnt disagree more. KG is very VERy rarely injured. He is the most consistent player in the NBA since Karl Malone. He will be a force in the league for his entire career much like Malone was.There is no way KG will slow down in a Shaq-like fashion.
If you only knew me better then you might,
be sittin here holding my hand so tight
never let me go are the words that i said to you, when you looked at me smiled and said you knew.
Ataris_PunK

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Thu May 25, 2006 10:33 pm

Ataris_PunK wrote:
Charles wrote:

Couldnt disagree more. KG is very VERy rarely injured. He is the most consistent player in the NBA since Karl Malone. He will be a force in the league for his entire career much like Malone was.There is no way KG will slow down in a Shaq-like fashion.

ok look kg is the 2nd best player in the league after kobe

1) kobe
2) KG
3) lebron

you can switch LBJ and KG it doenst' matter

KG>LO

but no way in hell are we giving up our entire frontcourt for a 30 year old player, not only will we not have anyone to play....wolves aren't stupid...

wolves are too stubborn to trade kg unless he demands it, whcih he wont....

so right now kg in la is just a dream.
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby dagreatkobe on Thu May 25, 2006 10:41 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:So you want us to give up Odom, Mihm, AND Kwame? Who'd be left in the front court. Plus the other reasons others listed.

dont forget bynum... it'd basically be kobe and kg with a bunch of scrubs. that trade sucks
dagreatkobe

Postby TaniBoyz on Fri May 26, 2006 3:18 am

why would we get Jaric?

trade Snoop Dogg for KG :mhihi:
TaniBoyz

Postby Showtime_Magic32 on Fri May 26, 2006 5:12 am

Wolves
Why: They let go of KG and begin rebuilding process. They let go of 2 big contracts (Davis and Jaric) and get over 30 mil in expiring contracts and 2 young big men: Frye and Bynum

Knicks

:smoker:
Showtime_Magic32

Postby karacha on Fri May 26, 2006 7:08 am

Laker4Ever wrote:Time to pull Magic out of retirement and make him play center again.

Well... hey, he's got the bulk, right? :man1:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby rayboi8 on Fri May 26, 2006 8:55 am

im confused: how do we get q-rich without the knicks having to give him up?
rayboi8

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri May 26, 2006 10:22 am

Everyone STOP IT!

Blaze came up with what he thought was a good idea. I agree that any idea that involves KG is VERY remote. But the scenario is different from the same old Odom+George+draft picks thread. At least the guy put some thought into it and came up with a trade that addresses some of the major problems with a KG trade.

It's like people don't understand the situation the Wolves are in right now. The Wolves will not have cap room or the ability to bring someone in next to KG for the duration of his contract. Basically, they can bring KG help when KG has already left to a different club. Blaze's plan, while completely and utterly far fetched, would at least give the Wolves a glimmer of hope for the future.

I think it was Ataris Punk that brought up the point that they would probably want draft picks and tons of cap space. Personally I think this trade is a better than most in this thread give it credit for.
Savory Griddles

Postby slimjim on Fri May 26, 2006 10:32 am

Charles wrote:

LO gets the nod in 3pt shooting and passing... more versatile? not really... KG gets the nod in every other category.... and KG is an all nba defender.. odom? not even close to making it...

KG has 3-5 years of dominance staight up dominance left in him(and by that i mean 1st in efficiency ranking in the entire league)

i hate how people say he is old and can't dominant a game anymore or has bad knees... but that has not stopped him from ranking number 1 in efficiency..

what more do you want? there is no rank above number one... :man10:
slimjim

Postby JJigga3000 on Fri May 26, 2006 1:01 pm

Wolves

Knicks

I just wanna know what you were smoking when you though of this trade. You just traded away our whole front court for KG, and Jaric? Whatever it is let me know so I don't get of it.
JJigga3000

Postby BLAZINLAKERFAN on Fri May 26, 2006 1:03 pm

How many freaking KG topics do we need on this board. Can't we just combine all the KG threads into one. This is getting ridiculous. It's becoming repetitive and everyone keeps saying the same thing basically over and over it's getting tiresome.

Probably tomorrow somebody is gonna start a new KG thread that goes.
How about this KG trade?
Is this KG trade good?
What do you think about this for KG?
KG for ?????
Who should we trade for KG?

those will all be 6 new threads for one freaking topic.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Last edited by BLAZINLAKERFAN on Fri May 26, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUMP OFF THE BANDWAGON, AND DON'T COME BACK WHEN WE START WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CLAIM TO BE A FAN, BUT ARE YOU REALLY A FAN?
BLAZINLAKERFAN

Postby MoneyMan on Fri May 26, 2006 2:03 pm

:bang:
MoneyMan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri May 26, 2006 11:39 pm

BLAZINLAKERFAN wrote:How many freaking KG topics do we need on this board. Can't we just combine all the KG threads into one. This is getting ridiculous. It's becoming repetitive and everyone keeps saying the same thing basically over and over it's getting tiresome.

Probably tomorrow somebody is gonna start a new KG thread that goes.
How about this KG trade?
Is this KG trade good?
What do you think about this for KG?
KG for ?????
Who should we trade for KG?

those will all be 6 new threads for one freaking topic.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I got news for you... You don't have to read any of the new KG threads.

Problem solved.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby DMK on Fri May 26, 2006 11:45 pm

Id like to think we all learned our lessons last offseason with all of the KG to LA stuff.

I personally will never fall for it.... but alot of you will and i fell sorry for you, cause you are building a sand castle that will be crushed come hightide.... bottom line... it sounds good, we wanna believe it...

But its like the pacers dreaming of the lakers trading Kobe... we have no reason... neither does the wolves.

They trade KG and i dont car who you get for him realistically...it will be a step down in marketing... a step down in wins and a automatic rebuilding stretch,

Kevin Garnett is a One of a kind...

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat May 27, 2006 2:16 pm

There is absolutely no way this trade goes down EVER....but even if it did....who are the lakers left with over 6'8??? KG, Cook, Turiaf??

That's a scary front line there.
Kobe's Empire

Postby thug_pound on Sun May 28, 2006 12:42 pm

MAN! LETS ALL BE A LITTLE BIT MORE PATIENT!!!STEP BY STEP. AND WE ARE 3 STEPS AWAY FROM SUCCESS!! BOOZER WANTS TO COME TO THE LAKERS WE ALL KNOW THAT!WE ALSO KNOW THAT THE HEAT FUTURE DOESNT LOOK SO BRIGHT EVERY ONE IS OLD I JUST READ AN INTERVIEW WHERE GARY PAYTON WAS ASKED BY WADE IF HE CAN HELP HIM PLAY D AND AND HE IS ALSO LOOKING FORWARD TO PRACTICE WITH KOBE BRYANT THIS SUMMER
(Wade, slated for U.S. team duties this summer, indicated to Payton he wants to become a dominant defender and plans to work out individually with Kobe Bryant, Payton said. ''Right now, he doesn't understand how [to be a dominant defender] because of his'' offensive responsibilities, Payton noted.)IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL BETWEEN THEM! WE MIGHT SEE THEM PLAY TOGETHER!!! ANOTHER PLUS ABOUT THIS IS LAMAR ALSO MADE IT TO THE U.S TEAM ALL 3 OF THEM WOULD PROBLABLY BE HANGING OUT!

HERE ARE THE 3 STEPS!

1) GET CARLOS BOOZER WITH OUT GIVING AWAY LAMAR,KWAME OR BYNUM!

2) SIGN WADE NEXT YEAR!

3)RESIGN PHIL JACKSON AND THIS IS HOW OUR LINE UP WOULD LOOK

1.WADE/MARCUS BANKS/SACHA

2.BRYANT/SMUCH/PROFIT

3.ODOM/TURIAF

4.BOOZER/COOKIE

5.BROWN/BYNUM

OR WE MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE AWAY BYNUM AND KWAME BUT ITHINK ITS STILL WORTH IT!!!
thug_pound

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas