Postby BLAZE DANK on Thu May 25, 2006 5:29 pm

Lakers
Out: Mihm, Bynum, Brown, Odom
In: KG, Jaric, QRich
Why: KG

Wolves
Out: KG, R. Davis, Jaric
In: J. Rose, Taylor, Mihm, Frye, Bynum
Why: They let go of KG and begin rebuilding process. They let go of 2 big contracts (Davis and Jaric) and get over 30 mil in expiring contracts and 2 young big men: Frye and Bynum

Knicks
Out: Frye, Taylor, J. Rose
In: Brown, R. Davis, Odom, McKie
Why: They basically trade Frye for Brown, Odom, Davis

Comments? :man1:
BLAZE DANK

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Thu May 25, 2006 5:31 pm

you cant be serious, the wolves get completely screwed while NY gets the best of the bargain....

I dont want to give up odom for kg. Odom will be > KG in 2 years.
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu May 25, 2006 5:33 pm

So you want us to give up Odom, Mihm, AND Kwame? Who'd be left in the front court. Plus the other reasons others listed.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby BLAZE DANK on Thu May 25, 2006 5:36 pm

well for the wolves, they get 30 mil in expiring contracts so they can totally suck for a year and then theyll have the cap psace to sign 2-3 max players

for the knicks, a third team is needed to take on some big contracts which knicks always do. i cant see minnesota having interest in odom

we could always sign prysbilla or someone for the mle and then we'll have a frontcourt of kg, turiaf, prysbilla, cook
BLAZE DANK

Postby Massacre on Thu May 25, 2006 5:41 pm

I think you should rename the topic..
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Laker Link on Thu May 25, 2006 5:42 pm

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:you cant be serious, the wolves get completely screwed while NY gets the best of the bargain....

Yeah...throw some picks and Brown and Bynum or Mihm and Bynum or Mihm and Brown and call it a day...

KG+KB+LO= :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: BOO-YA!!!
The Laker Link

Postby slimjim on Thu May 25, 2006 5:43 pm

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:you cant be serious, the wolves get completely screwed while NY gets the best of the bargain....

:man10: :man10: :man10:
slimjim

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 25, 2006 5:44 pm

not only no but HELL NO.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 25, 2006 5:46 pm

The Laker Link wrote:

Yeah...throw some picks and Brown and Bynum or Mihm and Bynum or Mihm and Brown and call it a day...

KG+KB+LO= :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: BOO-YA!!!

if you add Kwame to that I am with you.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby lakerfanimal on Thu May 25, 2006 5:49 pm

y is this in laker discussion?
put this in laker trades n rumors.
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby Satan on Thu May 25, 2006 5:50 pm

Welcome to the board, I see our members have given you the usual warm greeting.

:beer:
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby BLAZE DANK on Thu May 25, 2006 5:51 pm

I believe it is Lakers Trade rumors meaning rumors of a trade. This is a discussion of a made-up trade that pertains to the Lakers...hence Lakers Discussion
BLAZE DANK

Postby DiehardLakerFan on Thu May 25, 2006 6:06 pm

what a lame thread
ImageImage
DiehardLakerFan

Postby Ataris_PunK on Thu May 25, 2006 6:11 pm

Thats a pretty unique idea. I like it for the Twolves. People dont understand that trading KG for Odom is not a rebuilding move.

What I believe is the part people have a problem with is the Knicks side in the deal. We are giving up way too much for that. Im sure it can be reworked to make more sense on that side of the deal.
If you only knew me better then you might,
be sittin here holding my hand so tight
never let me go are the words that i said to you, when you looked at me smiled and said you knew.
Ataris_PunK

Postby no_dont on Thu May 25, 2006 6:15 pm

no seriously. Wheres the trade idea?
HO-BE
no_dont

Postby Ataris_PunK on Thu May 25, 2006 6:18 pm

The Wolves get the perfect deal. Knicks get more than a perfect deal. I believe if you could make it so Brown is not in the deal it would be great for us as well. This trade simply leaves us with no Centers. See the problem in this?
If you only knew me better then you might,
be sittin here holding my hand so tight
never let me go are the words that i said to you, when you looked at me smiled and said you knew.
Ataris_PunK

Postby kobezaballa on Thu May 25, 2006 6:19 pm

bull i dont buy that odom will be better than KG in 2 yrs cause KG will average at least 20-10-5 for the next 5-6 yrs at least i gurantee.

odom maybe could but KG is a defensive presence and shotblocker!!!

and can give us the in-out combo with KOBE!!!
kobezaballa

Postby karacha on Thu May 25, 2006 6:27 pm

Wait, wait...

You're giving away Mihm, Bynum, Brown and Odom?

Is this a joke topic?

Who will play center? Cook? Me? You?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby 2pacZGreat on Thu May 25, 2006 6:33 pm

Is that you Isiah? Nice try in trying to screw the Lakers over by taking all of our front line and our best Post defender. I wouldn't do this trade unless KG was 26 and Griffin was packaged along w/ Ricky and Jaric.
2pacZGreat

Postby BLAZE DANK on Thu May 25, 2006 6:41 pm

How about this...Revised Trade

Lakers
Out: McKie, Bynum, Brown, Odom, 2 1st round picks
In: KG, Jaric, QRich, Griffin

Wolves
Out: KG, R. Davis, Jaric, Griffin
In: J. Rose, Taylor, McKie, Frye, Bynum, N. Robinson, 2 Laker 1sts, 1 Knicks 1st

Knicks
Out: Frye, Taylor, J. Rose, Robinson, 1st Round Pick
In: Brown, R. Davis, Odom

Jaric/Parker/Green
Bryant/Vujacic/Profit
Richardson/Walton
Garnett/Turiaf/Cook
Mihm/Griffin/
Last edited by BLAZE DANK on Thu May 25, 2006 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLAZE DANK

Postby Laker4Ever on Thu May 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Time to pull Magic out of retirement and make him play center again.
Laker4Ever

Postby 2pacZGreat on Thu May 25, 2006 6:48 pm

Now I am really convinced that that's Isiah. Qrich makes laker have no flexibility to sign anyone else and Lakers STILL give up most of their front Line (Mihm is good but isn't the best Post Defender). I would do this trade for Odom/1st rounder this year and Next/Mihm/George and Mckie for straight up KG. That works the best for the Lakers. I mean if Minne is intrested in George why not get him w/o givng up their MLE and they get a versatile Odom who can play the post along w/ a good help defender in Mihm and Mckie for saving money.

Lakers do it since they keep kwame who can play center while KG plays the floor at 4 and really spreads out the floor w/o being a defensive liabilty that Cook was when we tried to get spacing. Also Kwame WILL get better and can still defend bigs (though it looks like the League is mvoing more to a PG oriented game w/ speed and versatility but you still need Kwame for series against Spurs (who will be back by the way)).
2pacZGreat

Postby BLAZE DANK on Thu May 25, 2006 6:57 pm

ok WOW...even if minnesota is interested in george, is he worth giving up kg for? and the whole purpose of trading kg is so they can start new and rebuild. if they got odom in return, it would not make sense since odom has another 3-4 years and a huge contract

the whole point of knicks being included in the deal is because they would be more willing to take on larger contracts (ex. francis, marbury, james. rose, etc) such as odom (btw, odom is exactly who they need)

also, you say that by getting qrich lakers will have no flexibility...well just by having kobe ang kg alone leaves barely any space so theyre gonna be over the cap anyways
BLAZE DANK

Postby 2pacZGreat on Thu May 25, 2006 7:13 pm

What are you talkin about? They are trading away KG for ODOM/George/Mihm 1st rounders (for next two years). I think that's sufficient or we are way overpaying. This is assuming KG wants out. Then he lowers his value as well. If you give up your whole front line for KG, that's way too much to pay for him. If you can't get a front line like that for Shaq what makes you think a ringless KG that hasn't done much in the playoffs is going to garner talented and future pieces such as Brown/Odom/Bynum/and mihm. Even in a three way it' makes no sense for the Lakers. I could care less on where these 4 players are going (Knikcs or Minnie in your trade proposal). Talk about OVERPAYING.
2pacZGreat

Postby BLAZE DANK on Thu May 25, 2006 7:15 pm

if you didnt notice, i revised the trade and posted the revised version about a couple posts up..

we keep mihm and add griffin
BLAZE DANK

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas