Theo Ratliff and Grant Hill, Old Cheap Veterans

Theo Ratliff and Grant Hill, Old Cheap Veterans

Postby eNlight on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:18 am

Given our financial circumstances outside of Trevor, Lamar and Shannon, I thought of two possible cheap additions to our roster for next season. Yes, its time to think about next season already, I would love to see a few more championships with Kobe and Fisher still on our squad.

We desperately need some 3 point shooting, and I pray and hope that Sasha will be able to start shooting them again next year. We all know that Trevor can hit some bombs and will continue to grow. I hope that Theo Ratliff can come back one year motivated to grab some rebounds for about 12-15 minutes a game and have Grant Hill play shooting guard with his dinosaur legs. These are cheap additions to the team and they can take veteran minimum. I am not expecting both players to play at their prime, but I think adding some 1 and done veterans to this team will allow some of our young players play harder and try to win them a ring.

i know to some of you theo is done, and grant hill is pure offense, but your thoughts are appreciated :jam2:
eNlight

Re: Theo Ratliff and Grant Hill, Old Cheap Veterans

Postby sho on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:16 am

eNlight wrote:Given our financial circumstances outside of Trevor, Lamar and Shannon, I thought of two possible cheap additions to our roster for next season. Yes, its time to think about next season already, I would love to see a few more championships with Kobe and Fisher still on our squad.

We desperately need some 3 point shooting, and I pray and hope that Sasha will be able to start shooting them again next year. We all know that Trevor can hit some bombs and will continue to grow. I hope that Theo Ratliff can come back one year motivated to grab some rebounds for about 12-15 minutes a game and have Grant Hill play shooting guard with his dinosaur legs. These are cheap additions to the team and they can take veteran minimum. I am not expecting both players to play at their prime, but I think adding some 1 and done veterans to this team will allow some of our young players play harder and try to win them a ring.

i know to some of you theo is done, and grant hill is pure offense, but your thoughts are appreciated :jam2:

Grant Hill turned down the Lakers to go to PHX, while I think he'd be a nice addition to the bench, I don't think he'll be on the Lakers radar this off-season.

I have few players in mind, none that are really popular or on the radar for most Lakers fans, but I doubt the names I'm interested in to ride the bench and add experience and depth are names that would be seriously considered either (Udoka and J. Howard)
sho

Postby Biz on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:08 am

I'd love to have grant hill here coming off the bench but I believe he said that the only place he'll play is phoenix, and if he got traded he would retire.
Biz

Postby lalfan on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:04 pm

BizMinded24 wrote:I'd love to have grant hill here coming off the bench but I believe he said that the only place he'll play is phoenix, and if he got traded he would retire.

then let him be. the dude has turned us down before and frankly wasn't very smart about it. he chose the run 'n gun style of PHX over our half court triangle offense, it shows you how smart Grant Hill was/is.
lalfan

Postby Biz on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:49 pm

^To be fair, phoenix medical staff has done a great job rejuvenating his career. If he doesn't care about a ring and just wants to play, phoenix was the better destination for him. He gets WAY more minutes playing for the Suns than he would get playing for us..
Biz

Postby eNlight on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:03 am

^right now, grant hill has been quiet , in that i mean we don't know where he wants to play. i do think he wants to win one championship before he retires. i think in a few weeks we may hear his name surface around the media. i hope he decides to choose LA and try to play some SG for our team.
eNlight

Postby khmrP on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:56 am

IF we get Trev back I dont we need Hill anymore with Trev emergence as the starter....however I'm hoping we target Mcdyss, I think even if we bring Odom back, Mcdyss can still play backup C, there aren't that many legitimate C in the west or league anymore minus Howard/Yao/Bynum most C are like PF anyway.
khmrP

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Hill would be a great backup, but I doubt he comes to LA. He'll either stay on the Titanic known as the Suns organization because their medical staff are a bunch of miracle workers or he'll go to a contender with guaranteed minutes. He won't get that here with Ariza, LO (?), Kobe, and Morrison seeing minutes at SF.

If we could hop in the Delorean and get Theo from 6-8 years ago, I'm all for it. But Philly essentially told him to get lost in their exit interviews. When Philly, a team with a weak frontcourt as it is, tells you so long...that says something. He's just about done.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas