This Could Put Us Over The Top

This Could Put Us Over The Top

Postby unpossibl1 on Wed May 09, 2007 3:31 pm

Saw this on Real Gm, fans of all 3 teams involved seem to like it a lot.

Nuggets deal: Marcus Camby
Nuggets receive: Ron Artest, Brian Cook

Nuggets get a star caliber player with probably the most intriguing line-up in the league and also shed salary for cap flexibility in the process. Cook adds a needed perimeter threat. Easily the TOUGHEST team in the entire league and maybe ever assembled.

Lakers deal: Kwame Brown, Vladimir Radmanovic, Maurice Evans, Andrew Bynum, #19 pick
Lakers receive: Marcus Camby, Mike Bibby

Lakers fill the PG/C positions admirably to make one of the best starting 5's in the league.

Kings deal: Mike Bibby, Ron Artest
Kings receive: Kwame Brown, Andrew Bynum Vladimir Radmanovic, Maurice Evans, #19 pick

New rosters:

Lakers:
C: Marcus Camby, Chris Mihm*
PF: Lamar Odom, Ronny Turiaf
SF: Luke Walton*,
SG: Kobe Bryant, Sasha [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
PG: Mike Bibby, Jordan Farmar

Lakers fill out roster with MLE, #40, #48 picks

Nuggets:
C: Nene Hilario, Brian Cook
PF: Kenyon Martin, Reggie Evans, Eduardo Najera
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Yakhouba Diawara, Linas Kleiza
SG: Ron Artest, JR Smith, Von Wafer
PG: Allen Iverson, Anthony Carter

MLE to fill out roster

Kings:
C: Brad Miller, Andrew Bynum, Kwame Brown
PF: Kenny Thomas, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Justin Williams*
SF: Vladimir Radmanovic, Francisco Garcia
SG: Kevin Martin, Quincy Douby, Maurice Evans
PG: John Salmons, Ronnie Price*

#10, #19 picks to fill out roster
MLE to fill out roster.

Kings get younger and more athletic and put themselves into a position to rebuild their franchise.

Thoughts? It looks pretty good to me...
unpossibl1

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Wed May 09, 2007 4:05 pm

Yeah, what Denver needs is another bad boy. They already have Iverson (who's not so bad anymore, thank God), Melo Yellow and K-Mart (not the good one...). Definitely not the toughest team in the league and definitely not the toughest team ever. They could stand to be a better team though, even with Camby leaving if they if they could pick up Artest AND he could keep his act together. But he just seems to blowing out teams faster and faster...

Sac gives up two of their three stars for one potential future star and crap. I don't see them doing that. They could get more from trading them separately.

The Laker team looks pretty good actually, but I don't see three Western Conference teams helping each other get better. Especially if it means the Kings are going to be giving two of their conference rivals each a star that will help make them both even better than the Kings than they already are...
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby lakerball4life on Wed May 09, 2007 4:32 pm

as good as that would make us, ide sooner eat my own vomit then have bibby wearing purple and gold... i really do hate that man

on edit... that is a really nice starting line up... use the MLE to find a nice SF... i can see it working... would be nice to have another C though cause Mihm is likely to go down again.. once an ankle injury always an ankle injury
lakerball4life

Postby lotus on Wed May 09, 2007 4:37 pm

That's a horrible trade scenario. We get 2 guys who have a couple of good years remaining. And we still don't have a defensive guard, and we lose offense at center (assuming bynum would produce more offense this upcoming year).

The end result is that we would still get bounced out of the first round, except this time by sacto.

No thanks.
lotus

Postby Crispy on Wed May 09, 2007 5:31 pm

I HATE our side of the deal. Bibby and Walton starting? Isn't our problem defense?
Crispy

Postby lakerball4life on Wed May 09, 2007 6:42 pm

Crispy wrote:I HATE our side of the deal. Bibby and Walton starting? Isn't our problem defense?

a) we get camby
b) with the addition of bibby, and keeping LO, kobe will exert less energy on offense, and get back to his defensive ways...
c) LO can play D
d) and possibly the best part of the deal... we keep sasha :jam2: :man10:

i fail to see how we dont improve defensivly... sure we lose kwame, but upgrade with camby... and bibby ISNT worse then smush... MO isnt a stopper by any means, and AB is foul prone. We lose a little depth at the C, but that can be rectified. I dont think we really lose THAT much offence, but definitly improve defensivly. I like the deal, even if it means we get one of my most hated players.
lakerball4life

Postby Mark McNamara on Wed May 09, 2007 7:28 pm

Me likes. :man1: But would Sac really help us?
Mark McNamara

Postby Radner on Wed May 09, 2007 9:16 pm

I like Camby but Bibby? We don't need a scoring point guard.
Radner

Postby Mark McNamara on Wed May 09, 2007 9:41 pm

JKsnoots wrote:I like Camby but Bibby? We don't need a scoring point guard.

I don't want to rely on the too-often-inconsistent LO to be our #2 option again. Bibby can handle, penetrate, and shoot the ball well...a great 2nd option.
Mark McNamara

Postby KB24 on Wed May 09, 2007 10:28 pm

Mark McNamara wrote:
JKsnoots wrote:I like Camby but Bibby? We don't need a scoring point guard.

I don't want to rely on the too-often-inconsistent LO to be our #2 option again. Bibby can handle, penetrate, and shoot the ball well...a great 2nd option.

he is 40% for the season from the field...no thanks. Odom scores 1 less points on 7% higher percentage from the field.

say no to Bibby. EASY choice. A team needs an inside out game. With Bibby and Kobe thats 50 shots from outside, there is no balance. And Bibby can´t stay in front of his own shadow.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LA-gone-SA on Wed May 09, 2007 11:44 pm

wow cant help being jelous of denvers result of this! i like bibby but for 12+mill a year?i dunno! we gave up alot! and got what we neede though! do it when am not lookin! only way ill except! once its done its done! wont complain!
LA-gone-SA

Postby Amain on Thu May 10, 2007 5:08 am

Bibby and Camby for all Brown and Bynum? so we get a Defensive C and a PG who has been in cruise control for the past three years, still no second option.
Amain

Postby beckham238kobe on Thu May 10, 2007 8:03 am

:disagree: what is up with all you people trying to trade like 4 players and draft pick for one player which has like 3 years left horrible trades all we need to do is give minnesota. odom mihm and like sasha :bow:
beckham238kobe

Postby lakerball4life on Thu May 10, 2007 1:09 pm

beckham238kobe wrote::disagree: what is up with all you people trying to trade like 4 players and draft pick for one player which has like 3 years left horrible trades all we need to do is give minnesota. odom mihm and like sasha :bow:

who do you think your getting for LO Mihm and Sasha? Mike James?
lakerball4life

Postby socaguy on Fri May 11, 2007 1:34 pm

not a bad trade however i don't see much gained by denver. they already have camelo anthony. minus the D, artest is redundant. furthermore, take away camby and who'll play C for them? mr. softie (cookie)?
socaguy

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas