This Summer: Jermaine O'neil for Odom/Vlad

Postby infamous on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:26 am

GET R DONE MITCH... :mad1: :man1: :bang: :jam2:
"Your post makes zero sense and frankly it pisses me off." - Lakerman JSJ
infamous

Re: This Summer: Jermaine O'neil for Odom/Vlad

Postby Larry14r on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:23 am

infamous wrote:GET R DONE MITCH... :mad1: :man1: :bang: :jam2:

In our dreams, and if you wanted JO then maybe Shaq shoulod had shut up, and accept the deal to Indy or do a three way deal that we whould had gotten JO, Indy gotten Odom, and Shaq still ends up in Miami.
Larry14r

Postby Tragic on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:48 am

The only player I would trade for Odom is KG, because KG is more versatile. But other than that I would like to keep Odom, and build more depth around him with Kobe, and Bynum.
Tragic

Postby DC_King on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:40 pm

This summer I would go after KG and Pau. I would love to have either one. For some reason I do not want to trade Kwame, why, because of his Defense. The problem with is, he is never around. But KG or PAu

The Bynum for KIdd trade does not make sense to me.
Long Live The King
DC_King

Postby Larry14r on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:04 pm

DC_King wrote:This summer I would go after KG and Pau. I would love to have either one. For some reason I do not want to trade Kwame, why, because of his Defense. The problem with is, he is never around. But KG or PAu

The Bynum for KIdd trade does not make sense to me.

the problem is that Memphis, and Minny might not want to deal with us because were all in the same coference, and Mchale hate us.
Larry14r

Postby Jajwa on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:04 pm

Much rather have Odom become a true power forward either option than Gasol.

Gasol fits if you have an athletic PF sized played who can shoot the outside jumper. He also has to have great D.

He's no Nowitzki as far as his ability to spread the floor.

Brown needs to be traded for somethign this year although I'm not sure exactly what.

The MLE should be given to a veteran point guard to at the very lease back up Farmar.

Who knows maybe we have that guy in Shammond Williams already? Then you can just draft another guy in the 2nd round and have Vujajic as your fourth PG playing third SG. Idea for the 2nd rounder, how about Bobby Brown from Fullerton?

Now you have assets in reserve to you as far as filling back-up the other needs. Depending on if you keep Radmanovic you shold pursue Rashard Lewis, but it's unlikely.

Right now I'm not sure where you go with:

- late 1st
- early 2nd
- MLE
- Kwame Brown
Jajwa

Postby LakersChamps04 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:37 pm

I prefer JO over KG, and PAU...younger than KG...better defender than KG/Pau..better blocker than KG/Pau..better post up player than KG/Pau and got a sweet J..just like KG...dont know about pau

i just think JO is more easily attainable than KG..i dont really want Pau...he just seems soft...JO would be a good compliment to Kobe
LakersChamps04

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:44 pm

I'd do it in a second, but I doubt the Lakers would be able to pull it off and/or even consider it. They love Odom for some reason.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jajwa on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:31 pm

LakersChamps04 wrote:I prefer JO over KG, and PAU...younger than KG...better defender than KG/Pau..better blocker than KG/Pau..better post up player than KG/Pau and got a sweet J..just like KG...dont know about pau

i just think JO is more easily attainable than KG..i dont really want Pau...he just seems soft...JO would be a good compliment to Kobe

I think the team is fine actually at the 2, the 3, and the 4 unless the trade is something we come upon rather than we try to force.

Anybody else see a chance for us to get Chauncey Billups?

The Pistons have to re-sign Chris Webber this off-season and still have Nazr Mohammed's deal so they could be close to luxury tax.

What if we say to them we'll take Nazr's ugly deal so he can backup Bynum, trade you Kwame Brown+filler, Farmar, and a 1st. They would do it mainly to avoid Chauncey going to the Bucks.
Jajwa

Postby Eric24Kobe on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:26 pm

This trade is more valuable and complete IMO:

Lamar Odom
Brian Cook
2-2nd rounders
Aaron Mckie
Shammond Williams
Chris Mihm

for:

Mo Williams

Micheal Redd

Not sure the Saleries match but, Probably in my dreams. :man1:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan (RIP)
Eric24Kobe

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:55 pm

I prefer Bynum's so called potential than KG/JO/Gasol in their prime

any day of the week.
lilkhmerkid4u

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:16 pm

oneal is always hurt. get over it.
Johnnyboy

RE:

Postby aim4lovemike on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:41 am

Johnnyboy wrote:oneal is always hurt. get over it.

Agree.

JO's just as injury prone as say Kwame Brown? Maybe not as much, but they both get injured, no?!

We should have gotten Webber!!!!!!
aim4lovemike

Postby Thethirdguy on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 pm

Orlando Tragic wrote:The only player I would trade for Odom is KG, because KG is more versatile. But other than that I would like to keep Odom, and build more depth around him with Kobe, and Bynum.
Thethirdguy

Re: RE:

Postby Larry14r on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:02 pm

aim4lovemike wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:oneal is always hurt. get over it.

Agree.

JO's just as injury prone as say Kwame Brown? Maybe not as much, but they both get injured, no?!

We should have gotten Webber!!!!!!

No way I hate Webber, and he's a wuss.
Larry14r

Postby Justin Bailey on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:54 am

Orlando Tragic wrote:The only player I would trade for Odom is KG, because KG is more versatile. But other than that I would like to keep Odom, and build more depth around him with Kobe, and Bynum.

:bow:
I agree, Odom is too valuable to our team.
KOBE G.O.A.T. wrote:Human is not car.
Justin Bailey

Postby Radner on Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:45 pm

Odom is useless on this team. He isn't even a second option.
Radner

Postby D Nice on Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:25 pm

JO >> Odom on both ends. He makes us legitimate on defense. It would take more than Lamar and Vlad to get JO. Lamar, Kwame, and a pick.

Of course with Odom's recent shoulder injury that might not...probably won't be possible :bang:
D Nice

Postby GCMD on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:51 am

You must be kidding.

Boris Diaw
Josh Howard
T-Mac
Carmelo
Tayshaun Prince
Chris Bosh

If a deal is offered any day, for any of these players, we make the deal.

Getting KG for LO is wishful thinking. It won't happen without more talent and a pick or 2 (or 3)...

All of these players are as versatile as LO (or more). They have all proven more than capable to get the job done on the offensive end without any prodding.
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby ZenMaster4President on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:58 pm

GameCockMD wrote:

You must be kidding.

Boris Diaw
Josh Howard
T-Mac
Carmelo
Tayshaun Prince
Chris Bosh

If a deal is offered any day, for any of these players, we make the deal.

Getting KG for LO is wishful thinking. It won't happen without more talent and a pick or 2 (or 3)...

All of these players are as versatile as LO (or more). They have all proven more than capable to get the job done on the offensive end without any prodding.

Seriously? Diaw? Prince?
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Odom a good player, but not a good fit

Postby 24/8Lakerfan on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:47 pm

JKsnoots wrote:Odom is useless on this team. He isn't even a second option.

I second to that. :man1: Odom is a good player, but not a good fit for the triangle offense. :disagree:

IMHO, We got jacked by trading Shaq to Miami for a bunch of role players, that includes LO & not including a another team. We could have gotten Boozer, who I think is a good fit for the triangle offense with his back to the basket offense + a tenacious rebounder. I never been a big fan of LO (just look at my nick 24/8 instead of 24/7) who always plays out of position by trying to be a point guard & racking up 3 pointers. We lack toughness, one who can pound the ball in the middle & make mid range shots (ala James Worthy, & Karl Malone) We didn't get it with Grant, too old already w/ bad knees, Caron good offensive skills but was undersize & Kwame, hands of stone, lack of offensive skills. So what's next???

My response on the other thread:
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewto ... ml#1629514

And about KG on the other thread:
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewto ... ml#1630328
24/8Lakerfan

Postby TJ on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:20 pm

O'Neal And on the trade :disagree:
Heir Apparant because of his bad a$$ persona. The fact that he says anything without giving a damn about anybody is funny. For some reason, when I see Heir's posts, I feel like I just got ------- slapped. He owns.

-King Kobe 24
TJ

Postby MikeDead on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:49 pm

I don't know why Indy would do this deal unless JO was becoming a real problem and it was the best offer they could get. But with Pau Gasol, Jermaine O'neal, Stromille Swift & Kevin Garnett all rumored to be on the block the Lakers would be smart to get involved in some of the talks to acquire one of these guys.

Memphis wants youth and to cut salary space so if Gasol or Swift are going anywhere my guess would be to a team like Charlotte or Boston, or maybe even Atlanta.

Kevin Garnett has hinted that he wants out of Minny, and the T-Wolves aren't in rebuilding mode so the Lakers would have a shot at picking him up, same situation with Jermaine O'neal.
MikeDead
ClubCeltics.com Administrator

trade for jermaine

Postby neelio010 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 pm

This is probably the most unlikely because i dont thing indiana would want to trade him for and incostintant player in vlad or not a solid player in lamar. :mhihi:
neelio010

Postby effitall on Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:43 pm

I have a feeling nothing will happen. We are stuck with Odom and Vlad. Also have a feeling we will continue to change nothing and add another old veterain taking our mle while sitting on the bench oooohhhh yeah!!! :jam2:

Unless Mitch is fired!!!! :man13:

Then all our dreams will come true.
effitall

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas