Thunder/Lakers

Thunder/Lakers

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Nick Collison (6,350,000) and Damien Wilkins (3,100,000) for Vladimir Radmanovic (6,049,400), Chris Mihm (2,500,000), and a 2010 second rounder.

This move saves Oklahoma City 3,300,000 million by trading Wilkins. He's getting absolutely no playing time, and since they just signed Nenad, I thought MAYBE it's possible to land Collison by saving them 3.3 million and giving them a second rounder to add to their stockpile of draft picks.

Collison would be a nice stopgap for Bynum, and honestly I've always liked the guys game. Wilkins has also intrigued me as a possible G/F who can pull off a little tri 1. He has the ability to go off as well... pretty underrated talent overall.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Re: Thunder/Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:16 pm

I don't know man, that's taking on a couple longer contracts. I know they shed Radmanovic in this, but I think both other contracts are another 3 yrs.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:21 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't know man, that's taking on a couple longer contracts. I know they shed Radmanovic in this, but I think both other contracts are another 3 yrs.

Collison and Vlad have virtually identical contracts.

Wilkins is on the books for next season at 3 million, but he could end up being a great role player.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I don't know man, that's taking on a couple longer contracts. I know they shed Radmanovic in this, but I think both other contracts are another 3 yrs.

Wilkins is on the books for next season at 3 million, but he could end up being a great role player.

That's true. Only problem is that there's really no space or time available. I can see Collison getting a few minutes, but Wilkins would be playing behind all the guards and Trevor too.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GinoDB on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:09 am

therealdeal wrote:
Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:

That's true. Only problem is that there's really no space or time available. I can see Collison getting a few minutes, but Wilkins would be playing behind all the guards and Trevor too.

you are underestimating Wilkins , he would have to compete like you say but he has a very good chance of coming out on top
if he gets the triangle right away

Nick Collison is good, he is not washed up like Mihm and he is not raw like Mbenga

he seems to be a smart player and he hustles

this is the best idea so far since the Bynum injury , and we keep Odom
GinoDB

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:56 am

Well Wilkins being good only causes more problems as far as minutes go. The Lakers have already dedicated the future to Farmar. Phil loves playing Sasha because he's our "shooter in the hole." There's really no extra minutes available.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas