Trade Farmar and Morrison to a team looking for 2010 Cap

Re: Trade Farmar and Morrison to a team looking for 2010 Cap

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:39 pm

I like Duhon -- can hit big shots, can create in a smart way, can pass into the post, and decent defender. Better than Farmar at everything but speed and athleticism. He fits the triangle, Jordy doesn't.

My choice would be Deshawn Stevenson from the Wiz. He is a better Fisher -- has crazy range and a good shooting %, loves the defensive challenges (guards Lebron and Wade at times), is tough, and would fit niceley with Kobe, Ron, LO, and company, esp on defensive and to space the floor.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby TKainZero on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:17 pm

Stevenson is a SG, and would be a duplicate of Shannon Brown.
a nice player, but no real place for him on the Lakers roster, not with Brown still here.

Lakers need a PG, Stevenson is a SG. Good player, no real spot for him here.
100 people see fire.
99 start screaming and getting hysterical over all the smoke.
I start looking for the cause.

Concern yourselves with the Problems, not the Symptoms.
TKainZero

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Stevenson? Hell no. Sorry.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:30 pm

OK. I agree with that. But Fisher is really a SG too. Stevenson can do all Fish can do in THIS triangle offense, and is better defensively. So like I said, he would fit better than Farmar in that position.

If we want a dime-dropping PG we need to get rid of Phil and change the offense.

Sure, Billups and D. Will would be perfect here -- and in any offense really -- but that won't happen. With the post up guys we have -- Pau, Drew, Kobe, LO, Ron -- a defensive PG that can shoot (so yes, really a SG) is best. With Fish and Stevenson we don't lose much.

If you want a dime dropper and creator just for the second unit, then we should grab Iverson and have Kobe and Phil and LO jedi mind trick him into accepting a role with the second unit of a championship team.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby kobe_luver on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:OK. I agree with that. But Fisher is really a SG too. Stevenson can do all Fish can do in THIS triangle offense, and is better defensively. So like I said, he would fit better than Farmar in that position.

If we want a dime-dropping PG we need to get rid of Phil and change the offense.

Sure, Billups and D. Will would be perfect here -- and in any offense really -- but that won't happen. With the post up guys we have -- Pau, Drew, Kobe, LO, Ron -- a defensive PG that can shoot (so yes, really a SG) is best. With Fish and Stevenson we don't lose much.

If you want a dime dropper and creator just for the second unit, then we should grab Iverson and have Kobe and Phil and LO jedi mind trick him into accepting a role with the second unit of a championship team.

I agree with getting Iverson!!
WE ARE 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE ARE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE WILL BE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
kobe_luver

Postby Larry14r on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:33 pm

kobe_luver wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:OK. I agree with that. But Fisher is really a SG too. Stevenson can do all Fish can do in THIS triangle offense, and is better defensively. So like I said, he would fit better than Farmar in that position.

I agree with getting Iverson!!

Good god no Iverson is just going to ruin everything.
Larry14r

Postby TKainZero on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:36 pm

As Crazy as it sounds, i can see a scenerio in which the Lakers would Take on AI, and not give up any real assets.

On second thought, screw that, no AI please.

However, there has to be someone out there that can improve the Lakers PG depth. And the Lakers have 7 million in expiering contracts that SOME TEAM has to find atractive.
100 people see fire.

TKainZero

Postby LAKEROC on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:59 pm

F NO to Artificial Intelligence.
LAKEROC

Postby thkthebest on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:57 am

I would like James Harden or Mario Chalmers on this team, but that's not happening.

I'm also still not sold on Duhon. Is he really a good defender? Literally for every team he's played on, the defensive rating stat shows that the team does better defensively when he's off the floor. Naturally, stats don't tell everything...but for that to happen for every single team? I'm not sold on him.
My signature
thkthebest

A.I. COULD STILL BE THE ANSWER!

Postby BigBoyBecks on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:46 pm

IVERSON IS ONLY GOING TO GET BAD OFFERS FROM BAD TEAMS (KNICKS!) THIS SEASON AFTER LAST YEARS DISSAPOINTING SEASON WITH THE PISTONS!

SO, IF HE TREATS THE LAKERS AS A POTENTIAL RING, BUT ALSO A CHANCE OF FINNISHING THIS SEASON WITH A WINNING RECORD AND GAINING THE EXPERIANCE OF PLAYING WITH 'CHAMPIONSHIP' MENTALITY PLAYERS HE WILL RAISE HIS OWN STOCK 100% AND PUT HIMSELF IN A MUCH WEALTHIER 2010 OFFSEASON AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME! AND COULD EVEN COMMAND THE MID LEVEL.

STARTING FIVE FOR THE LAKERS

PG : D.FISHER
SG : K.BRYANT
SF : R.ARTEST
PF : P.GASOL
C : A.BYNUM

BENCH

PG : J.FARMER / S.BROWN
SG : A.IVERSON / S.VUJACIC
SF : L.WALTON / A.MORRISON
PF : L.ODOM / J.POWELL
C : D.J.MBENGA

I KNOW HE COULD BE DISRUPTIVE (THATS EXACTLY WHAT THE CRITICS HAVE SAID ALL OFFSEASON ABOUT ARTEST! - BUT WE ARE 8-3!), BUT JUST IMAGINE HOW MUCH OFFENSIVE FORCE OUR BACKCOURT WOULD COMMAND. 6-7 PLAYERS WHO COULD EASILY THROW UP DOUBLE FIGURES IN POINTS - NIGHTLY!

FARMER, BROWN AND VUJACIC AREN'T GIVING US MUCH AT THE MOMENT! THROW IN A TRUE 'MINUTE STEELER' AND SEE IF THEY IMPROVE OR LOOSE OUT TO A BETTER BALLER AND THEN JUST GET DROPPED AT SEASONS END.

I PERSONALLY WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT

IVERSON'S EGO IS NOT BIGGER THAN KOBE, ODOM, ARTEST, GASOL, BYNUM, 4 TITLES IN THE LAST 10 SEASONS AND THE LAKERS DYNASTY - I THINK HE WOULD BE HUMBLED AND SHOW HIS TRUE ABILITY ONCE AGAIN.

PEACE :jam2:
BigBoyBecks

Postby TKainZero on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:10 pm

The only way AI comes to the Lakers is if he starts at PG, and Fisher moves to the bench
100 people see fire.

TKainZero

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:00 am

I think we could get randy foye for farmar and Morrison. I think foye is gonna be a star once he finds a right system to play in. He is a good fit for the triangle good defense and got range. he might be a combo guard but I think combo guards thrive in the triangle offense
crazylakerfanforlife

Postby GinoDB on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:49 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:At this point I don't want to just get rid of Farmar. He's playing much better this year.

We could get Duhon for Morrison straight up technically, but that would give us a huge log-jam at the PG position.

I dont think so, Brown can basically become our SG backup. Sasha will be the loser in this scenario
GinoDB

Postby Larry14r on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:27 pm

GinoDB wrote:
Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:At this point I don't want to just get rid of Farmar. He's playing much better this year.

We could get Duhon for Morrison straight up technically, but that would give us a huge log-jam at the PG position.

I dont think so, Brown can basically become our SG backup. Sasha will be the loser in this scenario

In that case how about this trade Morrison and Sasha to the Knicks for Duhon and Jefferes because we need also need help at SF/PF doesn't matter who it is.
Larry14r

Postby Kou on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 am

Just say no to Jeffries, for the love of god just say no.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

Postby Larry14r on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:40 am

Kou wrote:Just say no to Jeffries, for the love of god just say no.

Well if we want to get rid of Sasha then that is the deal right there because it sevres us rights for overpaying Sasha and now we have to pay the price for it.
Larry14r

Postby TKainZero on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:23 pm

After Watching Minny last night, it seems that the team could use a player like Luke Walton.

A player that is 100% triangle offense.
100 people see fire.

TKainZero

Postby rock0100 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:23 am

Farmar, Morrison & a 1st rd pick to Minnesota for Sessions and Damien Wilkins.

Or

We can reach for the stars and trade Odom, Morrison, Farmar & 2 future 1st round picks for Monte Ellis & Turiaf. :man12:
rock0100

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:55 pm

^ That second trade is awful.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Lamar/ Morrison/Farmar vs. Ellis/Turiaf is something I would have to sit there and think about it. The biggest issue : The Lakers don't need a star in Ellis, they need a solid vet PG.

But throw in two 1st round picks? The Warriors would pick up Nelson's bar tab for that one.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby TKainZero on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Damm

I had been hoping for the Lakers to snag Jared Bayliss from Portland, but, he has been blowing up of late...

Damm...
100 people see fire.

TKainZero

Postby LAKEROC on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:53 am

Can we please get Corey Brewer before the rest of the league finds out about this guy and how good he can be.

Farmar/Morrison/2 first rounder for Ricky Rubio/Corey Brewer

Thats all I want for Christmas
LAKEROC

Postby TKainZero on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Lakers could grab Brewer, but thinking about getting Rubio in that deal is a pipe dream...
100 people see fire.

TKainZero

Postby cthroatgtr on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:42 am

Farmar/Morrison to New Orleans for Posey/Devin Brown (New Orleans saves money Lakers get a backup to Ron and an adequate back court player that maybe able to help.
Farmar/Morrison for John Salmons - Small salary dump for Chicago trading 2 years for 1 year and getting a possible backup for Rose if he resigns. Salmons would be a very good bench player backing up both Ron & Kobe.
Farmar/Morrison to Portland for Andre Miller - The Miller experiment in Portland didn't work and they may bite. Does Miller have anything left?
Sasha/Morrison for Caron Butler - Doubtful as it would just save Washington 5 mil and hasn't been playing well but you never know. He would be 6th man on this team.
Farmar for Earl Watson - The Lakers probably have to use their trade exemption for this. Watson at least plays defense. They also have Luther Head but I am not sure a trade is available as he makes around league min. Head would be a good fit for Lakers.
Morrison for Jarret Jack - Not sure why Toronto would consider this except they go from a 4 year deal to a 1 year deal. Jack would be a perfect fit for PJ's system though.
Calderon for Morrison/Farmar is doable but do you really want Calderon for 4 years at his salary? Not sure the Lakers would take on that big a deal.
Last edited by cthroatgtr on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cthroatgtr

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:45 pm

who is anthony miller and since when does Posey play for Charlotte?
tigerjeterkobe

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas