Trade that makes sense (we get KG!!!)

Trade that makes sense (we get KG!!!)

Postby Mr. Sampton on Sun May 21, 2006 1:30 am

I know everyone wants KG and the competition for his services this summer will be PLENTY. Mark my words. With that, don't listen to the drama the T-Wolves may give to the press about not considering trading the 7 foot rebounding machine. Garnett, who should be a shoe in for first team ALL-NBA every year, not only didn't make the 1st team, he did not even make the 2nd or 3rd team this year. With that, I am positive there is some interest by both he and the T-Wolves for the trade. Garnett avg'd 22pts/13reb/4ast this year and the team SUCKED, hence all parties (player and organization) are interested in dealing. That gets me to my revelation that came about after the Lakers playoff debacle. You know, Game 6 with 6 seconds left our KG impersonater Lamar Odom, failed to rebound a high bouncing brick by Steve Nash that floated over his head in slow motion to the much smaller Shawn Marion and you know the rest. Tim Thomas and his gut wrenching/ out of character, 3 point shot that basically sent the Lakers home for the Summer. I thought then, that if we had a consistent ball getter with passion (The REAL KG), we would be playing in la la land for our rightful spot at the top of LA's basketball perch. So I drifted into thought and asked myself "how do we get the 7 foot wonder who is wasting away in Minnie-sota" and after much thought I came away with a deal that works for both teams.

-Chris Mihm 10.2ppg/6.3rpg/1apg/ 1yr left on contract @ 3.8 mil
-Devean George 6.3ppg/3.9rpg/1apg/ free agent/sign & trade @ 5mil(current salary)
-Lamar Odom 14.8ppg/9.2rpg/5.5apg/ 3yrs left on contract @11.5 mil
for
-Marcus Banks 10ppg/2.3rpg/3.8apg free agent/sign & trade @ 1.7 mil
-Kevin Garnett 22-13-4 (mentioned above)/ 3yrs left on contract @ 18 mil

Now trust me, this deal works for both teams in every way. Financially it is fair and the league would allow because the dollars make sense. Career wise it is fair for each player. Chris Mihm would have a chance to shine at center for a team who has never really had one. D. George would be able to go back home and play in front of family and friends and Mr. Odom can finally be free to have his OWN team and live up to is potential, ala 2 years ago in Miami. For the Lakers, they would get M. Banks who was inches from becoming a Laker until Gary Payton threw a fit and messed everything up. He is from UNLV and would be a great tandem with Sasha at the point (BYE BYE SMUSH!)....AND last but not least, KG would get that killer player he has needed his whole career in KOBE to compliment his unselfish game and KOBE would get that player in KG that would compliment his killer style of play and a player in KG that KOBE could rely on to always COME TO CAMP in shape and play with the PASSION that KOBE would undoutably be able to TRUST and be willing to pass to. KG would also be a great role model for Andrew Bynum and he might be able to teach Kwame how to catch a ball. Win win for all players and both organizations.
Mr. Sampton

Postby TaniBoyz on Sun May 21, 2006 1:33 am

add griffin in there
TaniBoyz

Postby slump on Sun May 21, 2006 3:21 am

We couldn't pay Garnett and Kobe. Besides, I like Lamar Odom. He has not fulfilled his potenial yet, he will only get better. He and Kobe are just beginning to get that Jordan/Pippen chemistry. Chemistry is everything in the NBA.
slump

COULDN'T PAY GARNETT! WHAT!!!

Postby Mr. Sampton on Sun May 21, 2006 3:36 am

Do the math...KG gets 18 mil...Lamar gets 11.5...that is only 6.5 different...after throwing in D. George and Chris Mihm there is 2.5 mil to spare (that's how we get Marcus Banks)...and as far as Odom and Kobe gelling, I agree...but Odom's POTENTIAL compared to KG's FACTUAL & CONSISTENT PRODUCTIVITY is really no comparison. Kobe and Kevin Garnett in purple and gold is scary...
Mr. Sampton

Postby bennets on Sun May 21, 2006 11:22 am

i agree lakers could easily afford kg and kobe they have the money,and everyone associated in the league is saying that if he leaves there money would be on him coming to the lakers because of kobe and phil.
bennets

Postby Podium on Sun May 21, 2006 11:26 am

Why would Banks sign for 2.4 to be traded when he can pick his destination and get more than that?
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

In response to the Banks $ question...

Postby Mr. Sampton on Sun May 21, 2006 12:44 pm

You are on to something there but how much will he get? He has not proven to be a 5 mil a year player. Banks has started here and there but I don't think he can drive his price up too much....It can work, Devean just needs to cooperate.
Mr. Sampton

Postby strikemode14 on Sun May 21, 2006 4:44 pm

That was a joke right?

Mihm
LO
George who won't actually want to go there and is a FA.

for
Kg
Banks

Minny would laugh in the lakers face.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby ampaschoal on Sun May 21, 2006 6:06 pm

i don´t know if I want to trade Odom for KG, I think Odom ia an impotant member of the triangle offense.
KG is really great, an allstar, but a like Odom.
Is the Showtime Back?
Kobe & Odom can show that!
ampaschoal

No comparison

Postby kobezaballa on Sun May 21, 2006 6:49 pm

9 time NBA all star

All star game MVP
NBA league MVP 2 yrs ago

best PF in the game

if we had KG and kobe that would be the sicket thing ever wed dominate but wed need to pick up some pieces with our MLE.

Banks in that trade would be sick but he would come off the banch i n my mind.

Odom will never be as good as KG and i also feel we should shop kwame but not in the KG deal.

Signing either casell or Terry for me is a priority. casell played with KG so it would only entice KG more to play in LA if sam casell, kobe and phil were together. Preferably i want terry casue hes a balla and younger, we can build witth him. also we KG would give us a post presence and another all star starter and he 1 of the best passing big man in the game so with him and kobe it would be domination. Kg is a shotbloacker and a defensive presence and KG could help to develop bynum. KG has experince and can guard the likes of a dirk, TD and others.
KG and boozer together for us would be kinda [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. we need a post player at C next to KG. (BYNUM maybe)

is there anyway we could get KG and AI and can sum1 propose that to me on espn's trade machine!!!
kobezaballa

Postby eNlight on Sun May 21, 2006 6:59 pm

:pipe:

thats super pipe guys. we're not goign to get odom just like that. and i don't want the lakers to deal with george, that means financially too.
eNlight

gANGSTA TRADE

Postby kobezaballa on Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 pm

kobezaballa

Postby TaniBoyz on Sun May 21, 2006 9:26 pm

switch bynum with cook

and can we even trade slava?
TaniBoyz

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Mon May 22, 2006 8:36 am

slump wrote:We couldn't pay Garnett and Kobe. Besides, I like Lamar Odom. He has not fulfilled his potenial yet, he will only get better. He and Kobe are just beginning to get that Jordan/Pippen chemistry. Chemistry is everything in the NBA.

Will he ever reach his full potential that is the question!!! KG is a double double every night..Lamar could be a double double every night maybe. I will say it again you know what KG will bring you every night ...Lamar is a question mark?
L8KERS4LIFE

Re: No comparison

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Mon May 22, 2006 8:38 am

kobezaballa wrote:9 time NBA all star

All star game MVP
NBA league MVP 2 yrs ago

best PF in the game

if we had KG and kobe that would be the sicket thing ever wed dominate but wed need to pick up some pieces with our MLE.

Banks in that trade would be sick but he would come off the banch i n my mind.

Odom will never be as good as KG and i also feel we should shop kwame but not in the KG deal. Signing either casell or Terry for me is a priority. casell played with KG so it would only entice KG more to play in LA if sam casell, kobe and phil were together. Preferably i want terry casue hes a balla and younger, we can build witth him. also we KG would give us a post presence and another all star starter and he 1 of the best passing big man in the game so with him and kobe it would be domination. Kg is a shotbloacker and a defensive presence and KG could help to develop bynum. KG has experince and can guard the likes of a dirk, TD and others.
KG and boozer together for us would be kinda [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. we need a post player at C next to KG. (BYNUM maybe)

is there anyway we could get KG and AI and can sum1 propose that to me on espn's trade machine!!!

I Love Lamar's game, but I think you are right about Lamar!!
L8KERS4LIFE

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas