Trading Pau to Portland: Fills Many of our Holes

Trading Pau to Portland: Fills Many of our Holes

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu May 02, 2013 8:53 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cs96l7k
**Note: Subject 1 year from everyone's contract in this trade**

I would love this trade or something close to it. If we have to include Blake or Metta I'm okay with that as well. I know POR would have to take on Pau's contract (expiring) but they wouldn't have to give up Lamarcus and Lillard, Pau, and LA is a solid foundation core where Pau could play Center.

This works obviously is great for us because it gives us our speed, length, athleticism, youth, and shooters. I know it sort of screws up our 2014 plan, but these guys are great role players for any foundation.

Thoughts???
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Re: Trading Pau to Portland: Fills Many of our Holes

Postby therealdeal on Fri May 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Why does Portland do this? The advantages for LA are clear. Why does Portland give up Batum who is among the best SFs in the league when he's healthy?

For the Lakers:
Nash/Blake/Duhon
Bryant/Mathews
Batum
Hill
Howard

Guaranteed back next season. Assuming Artest is either amnestied or let go or traded. Much more balanced. Key then would be to bring in an athletic backup SF, hopefully Clark back at PF, maybe Sacre back at C, Goudelock back at SG, and if at all possible a younger PG.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Trading Pau to Portland: Fills Many of our Holes

Postby Phil XI on Sat May 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Portland hates the Lakers. Not just the front office. The fans. The city. All of Oregon, in fact. They have not made a trade of significance with LA since they became rivals in the 70's and the few they did make were of 12th men, late draft picks who didn't succeed. It won't happen, ever. They'd rather be bad than help the Lakers.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas