Trading up??

Trading up??

Postby BleedPurple&Gold on Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:54 am

The Jazz are supposedly shopping power forward Carlos Boozer, who missed the final 31 games because of a strained right foot. Utah is in serious need of a point guard and they have some interest in moving up from their No. 6 spot in the draft. There was talk of Boozer headed to either Portland or New York.


According to http://hoopshype.com/ today, Utah is trying to move up to get Deron Williams. If that Portland deal happens as Emplay has suggested this would be the perfect scenario for LA to move up to #4, and get Paul. Paul seems to have all star potential.
(found@LG)

Put all this together... I don't know if u guys heard emplay's rumor, but it has boozer possibly goin to port. w/ picks being swaped and other players as fillers.

Now... how does this help us??? well if we really want paul... or green for that matter... they will both be there @ 4 since utah wants williams... remeber what was said by brock about us stoping talks w/ 2 teams and becoming more serious w/ another? well i say the 2 are utah and portland as they are dealing w/ eachother, and the one we're talking more seriously w/ is NO. This is all just speculation, but it seems like all of the pieces are kind of falling together. We'll find out in 9 days!!!
BleedPurple&Gold

 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:06 am

Postby slomo24 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:35 am

Marvin Williams will be gone by the #2 spot. If Utah truly wants a PG now, they'll get Chris Paul. Which means Gerald Green will be dropped to #4.

There's another poster, who has claimed that the Lakers are/have worked out Gerald Green, and Portland has refused to do so. Now I'll let that run through your mind and come to your own conclusions. Especially with news that a big trade is going down in a week or so.
Sometimes I talk to myself. If I don't who will?
User avatar
slomo24

 
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:55 am
Location: McDonough, GA

Postby quitkthanx on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:12 am

Slomo - he was talking about Utah wanting Deron Williams, not Marvin Williams. Which means both Paul and Green will be dropped to #4.
quitkthanx

 
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:27 pm
Location: San Clemente, CA

Postby The Laker Link on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:11 am

slomo24 wrote:Marvin Williams will be gone by the #2 spot. If Utah truly wants a PG now, they'll get Chris Paul. Which means Gerald Green will be dropped to #4.

There's another poster, who has claimed that the Lakers are/have worked out Gerald Green, and Portland has refused to do so. Now I'll let that run through your mind and come to your own conclusions. Especially with news that a big trade is going down in a week or so.


Why would Atlanta want a PG in Williams when they kind of have some good ones over there already??? I think Marvin will go #1, Bogut #2, Utah gets Deron Williams @ #3, and we get Paul @ #4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8090
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby LOUIE04 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:17 pm

we can get very lucky this year getting a solid Center come on now everyone knows that this year the draft is all about the PG's!! Which would mean that many Centers will slip down maybe Petro, Bynum,whoever maybe even Bogut the draft is full of surprises!! :man1: so if the lakers keep their #10 and trade up with players we may have an awesome draft!!! :man12:
User avatar
LOUIE04

 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: (323) Off the 2Fwy

Postby LakersCourt on Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:15 pm

I would rather have Deron Williams than Gerald Green. Although I'd rather have Chris Paul over all of them. Chris' intensity is much like Kobe's. The both are some of the strongest and fiercest competitors out there. This could be a great thing, or their similar personalities might clash.
LakersCourt

 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:53 pm

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:19 pm

Can we please discuss this stuff in 1 thread. We have now too many threads with the same stuff.Thanks. Someone lock 2 of this 3.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:20 pm

BTW Why would Portland want another PF with Randolph and add ANOTHER toxic contract :man7: doesn´t make sense.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:09 pm

KB8@CL wrote:BTW Why would Portland want another PF with Randolph and add ANOTHER toxic contract :man7: doesn´t make sense.
in case u dont know i remember half way thru the season they were sayin randolph doesnt fit in portland n that him n NVE got into it
User avatar
PurpleNGold1

 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:30 pm
Location: SFV/NOHO AREA

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:20 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:BTW Why would Portland want another PF with Randolph and add ANOTHER toxic contract :man7: doesn´t make sense.
in case u dont know i remember half way thru the season they were sayin randolph doesnt fit in portland n that him n NVE got into it

Its not about Randolph and Portland. Its about why would LA want another toxic contract? UNLESS Grant is involved I say no thanks to Randolph. Sucky attitude, no defense, bad teammate, selfish and has a hostory as a criminal.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby whats golden on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:30 pm

LOUIE04 wrote:we can get very lucky this year getting a solid Center come on now everyone knows that this year the draft is all about the PG's!! Which would mean that many Centers will slip down maybe Petro, Bynum,whoever maybe even Bogut the draft is full of surprises!! :man1: so if the lakers keep their #10 and trade up with players we may have an awesome draft!!! :man12:


Bogut dropping so the Lakers can pick him up...that would be sweet. I'd love nothing more than to see a fellow Aussie wearing the purple and gold.
Image

Image

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
User avatar
whats golden

 
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:58 am
Location: "I come from a land downunder"

Postby BleedPurple&Gold on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:09 pm

Marvin Williams will be gone by the #2 spot. If Utah truly wants a PG now, they'll get Chris Paul. Which means Gerald Green will be dropped to #4.

There's another poster, who has claimed that the Lakers are/have worked out Gerald Green, and Portland has refused to do so. Now I'll let that run through your mind and come to your own conclusions. Especially with news that a big trade is going down in a week or so.

slomo:::
#1. I have not CLAIMED anything. I am reporting what I have seen on other sites and trying to inform u all of the latest and trying to put it all together. I'm sorry if u somehow feel that was not the right thing to do.

#2. Yes, marvin will be gone by #2, maybe even 1, I was talking about DERON WILLIAMS. IF you had actually read the 2nd quote I posted you could have concluded that.

Laker Link:

I don't know bout you, but i wouldn't really call Keith McLeod, an aging Howard Eisley and Randy Livingston good pgs.

***Portalnd would want another pf b/c of the injury to randolph. he most likely won't be able to put up the same #'s after it. Also, I don't know if they're moving him, and i def. don't know if they're moving him to LA... i don't know how u got the idea that he might be involved in a deal (KB8) I guess its possible tho. if that were the case i would agree w/ u tho... only if they took grant.

sory about all the threads, could a mod come and join them all together?
BleedPurple&Gold

 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:06 am

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:22 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
PurpleNGold1 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:BTW Why would Portland want another PF with Randolph and add ANOTHER toxic contract :man7: doesn´t make sense.
in case u dont know i remember half way thru the season they were sayin randolph doesnt fit in portland n that him n NVE got into it

Its not about Randolph and Portland. Its about why would LA want another toxic contract? UNLESS Grant is involved I say no thanks to Randolph. Sucky attitude, no defense, bad teammate, selfish and has a hostory as a criminal.
i though he didn sign the contract?>???
User avatar
PurpleNGold1

 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:30 pm
Location: SFV/NOHO AREA

Postby BleedPurple&Gold on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:36 pm

randolph signed a 6 yr. $84 mill. in nov. 2004.
BleedPurple&Gold

 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:06 am

Postby LOUIE04 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:36 pm

Check it out many think that just because their are a lot of awesome athletes you know that not every team is going to try and snatch one!! Come on think about it u dont see all the top 10 teams inviting these players to scout!! Many teams are only interested in their needs!! just trust me on this 1 many of these athletes will slip down!!! THE DRAFT IS FULL OF SURPRISES!!! :man12:
User avatar
LOUIE04

 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: (323) Off the 2Fwy

Postby LOUIE04 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:37 pm

1 more thing D. Williams is fat!!!
:man10:
User avatar
LOUIE04

 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: (323) Off the 2Fwy

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:02 am

LOUIE04 wrote:1 more thing D. Williams is fat!!!
:man10:

Wrong. He has the best numbers of all PGs that are supposed to go in the first round in terms of athletism.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

deron

Postby silversyphon41 on Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:12 am

KB8@CL wrote:
LOUIE04 wrote:1 more thing D. Williams is fat!!!
:man10:

Wrong. He has the best numbers of all PGs that are supposed to go in the first round in terms of athletism.


That may be true, however I don't think he will become the most successful of all the PGs. Chris Paul has a better chance, and maybe Felton.
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
User avatar
silversyphon41

 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 6:08 pm

Re: deron

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:15 am

silversyphon41 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
LOUIE04 wrote:1 more thing D. Williams is fat!!!
:man10:

Wrong. He has the best numbers of all PGs that are supposed to go in the first round in terms of athletism.


That may be true, however I don't think he will become the most successful of all the PGs. Chris Paul has a better chance, and maybe Felton.

They will all be good. It's like comparing a good apple with a good orange with a good mango. =P
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Postby venturalakersfan on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:27 am

Forget PGs, you have to go big. Teams win with big men, not PGs.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
User avatar
venturalakersfan

 
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Ventura

Postby Sirron on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:30 am

Gotta have both, but definitely need big men!
User avatar
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld
 
Posts: 17977
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:32 pm

Postby Afro on Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:56 pm

whats golden wrote:Bogut dropping so the Lakers can pick him up...that would be sweet. I'd love nothing more than to see a fellow Aussie wearing the purple and gold.


No, not please. Kobe has to posterize (Dwight-Howard'ing) him first for his comments on him and Shaq.
I cannot wait for it... :man13:
User avatar
Afro

 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:42 pm

Postby slomo24 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:39 pm

BleedPurple&Gold wrote:
Marvin Williams will be gone by the #2 spot. If Utah truly wants a PG now, they'll get Chris Paul. Which means Gerald Green will be dropped to #4.

There's another poster, who has claimed that the Lakers are/have worked out Gerald Green, and Portland has refused to do so. Now I'll let that run through your mind and come to your own conclusions. Especially with news that a big trade is going down in a week or so.

slomo:::
#1. I have not CLAIMED anything. I am reporting what I have seen on other sites and trying to inform u all of the latest and trying to put it all together. I'm sorry if u somehow feel that was not the right thing to do.

#2. Yes, marvin will be gone by #2, maybe even 1, I was talking about DERON WILLIAMS. IF you had actually read the 2nd quote I posted you could have concluded that.

Laker Link:

I don't know bout you, but i wouldn't really call Keith McLeod, an aging Howard Eisley and Randy Livingston good pgs.

***Portalnd would want another pf b/c of the injury to randolph. he most likely won't be able to put up the same #'s after it. Also, I don't know if they're moving him, and i def. don't know if they're moving him to LA... i don't know how u got the idea that he might be involved in a deal (KB8) I guess its possible tho. if that were the case i would agree w/ u tho... only if they took grant.

sory about all the threads, could a mod come and join them all together?



No. No. No. I wasn't trying to call you out at all. I did read through the post kind of quickly, since I wasn't actually supposed to be looking at it anyway (work). I appreciated the info, I was just telling you what else I had heard from other posters, and the conclusions I had come up with. No hard feelings?
Sometimes I talk to myself. If I don't who will?
User avatar
slomo24

 
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:55 am
Location: McDonough, GA

Postby whats golden on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:25 am

Afro wrote:
whats golden wrote:Bogut dropping so the Lakers can pick him up...that would be sweet. I'd love nothing more than to see a fellow Aussie wearing the purple and gold.


No, not please. Kobe has to posterize (Dwight-Howard'ing) him first for his comments on him and Shaq.
I cannot wait for it... :man13:


Just call it patriotism. that said he would fill our need for a big man. with his international experience I think he could slot in nicely next to Mihm and Odom in the front court. But realistically...its just pipe
Image

Image

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
User avatar
whats golden

 
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:58 am
Location: "I come from a land downunder"

Postby BleedPurple&Gold on Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:17 am

Yeah, no hard feelings slomo24. :jam2: truce
BleedPurple&Gold

 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:06 am


Return to Trade and Signing Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.