Troy Murphy

Troy Murphy

Postby Amain on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:27 am

Murphy is a bigger, more physically strong Cook, shoots the three, mid range jumber and has a few post moves, he also has a better attitude and improves every season slowly creeping his way up the PF ladder. he has improved since the trade to indiana. defence is alot better than cook
Amain

Postby KB24 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:30 am

did you even think about the trade before suggesting it?

Murphy is horrible especially on defense and is made of glass. Lets not forget his toxic contract either.
Is he better than Cook? sure but that doesn´t say much.
Last edited by KB24 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Massacre on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:11 am

I can make you a list of guys bigger and stronger, and play a lot better defense than Cook.

Pass.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Amain on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:21 am

don't get angry folks. the key word is better, if just. i'm not really trying to make a case for Troy, but i believe we would be better served by getting these sort of players (contract not included) than dreaming of trades that will cost us to much and have no guarantee of paying off.
i think we expect too much too fast, Kidd won't fit in the triangle he is a playmaker, we need a scorer, Rashard lewis will only pile up the SF position and we have enough player that can play that position, Bibby needs a heart we already have enough players who hardly ever get motivated. Artest? really? you want to put an attention seaking headcase in Hollywood, Kobe and artest in the locker room will make Kobe-Shaq fiasco look small. these ideas to me seem just as crazy.

We need a guy who is proffesional, has heart, no issues and who tries to achieve 15-5 every night atleast, a gym rat veteran preferably.
honestly it will be stupid if we let mihm go. but thats another subject entirely
Amain

Postby badboyhoward on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:27 am

no way!
badboyhoward

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas