two trades for the off season

two trades for the off season

Postby sho on Sat May 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Two trades to rehaul our team...both of which the trade partners would be willing to deal for the player, would you do these?

Trade 1:

Pau for Iggy and Holiday

Trade 2:

MWP and Blake for Boozer

Line-up of

Holiday/Sessions
Bryant/FA
Iggy/Barnes/Ebanks
Boozer/Hill/McRoberts
Bynum/Hill

Get more athletic and better wing defender, lose some size in the front court, but I think Boozer would be a good fit playing the high post hitting that 15' in the Lakers offense replacing Pau.

Chicago, MWP would fit nicely in TT defensive identity and can play PF in the East and gives Chicago a back-up PG with Rose being out.

Philly unloads Iggy's contract which they want to do, gives them a top 4 center in the East and Pau would fit nicely in that style of offense.

Another added perk, the Lakers will reduce salary by roughly 1 million a year over 3 years.
sho

Re: two trades for the off season

Postby pll123 on Mon May 28, 2012 6:07 pm

BOOZER? No.
pll123

Postby Phil XI on Tue May 29, 2012 12:29 am

Trade 1: Bynum might get you that from Phila, but Pau will not. They're not trading their 2 best players for Pau.
Trade 2: nooooo. LA hates Boozer plus Chi wouldn't do that. They have finished best record last two. Health is their prob, not Booz.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby XXIV on Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 am

Like Phil mentioned I don't believe we can get that package for Pau, and there's no way the Lakers will go after Boozer. His contract is horrendous.
XXIV

Postby sho on Tue May 29, 2012 8:29 pm

XXIV wrote:Like Phil mentioned I don't believe we can get that package for Pau, and there's no way the Lakers will go after Boozer. His contract is horrendous.

It's a stretch for Philly, but if they are motivated to get rid of Iggy for size, I think to make salaries work they'll include either Lou or Jrue, I can't see them being able to keep both long term. As for Chicago, his contract is huge, one reason why Chicago wants to part with him, and giving up Metta and Blake for him, isn't a huge risk, if the Iggy trade happens, it clears out the log jam at both SF and PG and gives back a serviceable big that can give 15 & 8. He's over paid, but to get a player of his caliber with no cap space, the Lakers will have to take on a bad contract, and he'll fill a void that we would need.
sho

Postby XXIV on Tue May 29, 2012 11:01 pm

sho wrote:
XXIV wrote:Like Phil mentioned I don't believe we can get that package for Pau, and there's no way the Lakers will go after Boozer. His contract is horrendous.

It's a stretch for Philly, but if they are motivated to get rid of Iggy for size, I think to make salaries work they'll include either Lou or Jrue, I can't see them being able to keep both long term. As for Chicago, his contract is huge, one reason why Chicago wants to part with him, and giving up Metta and Blake for him, isn't a huge risk, if the Iggy trade happens, it clears out the log jam at both SF and PG and gives back a serviceable big that can give 15 & 8. He's over paid, but to get a player of his caliber with no cap space, the Lakers will have to take on a bad contract, and he'll fill a void that we would need.

Boozer's contract runs for another three seasons and most expect his game to decline. I'd much rather the Lakers save their cap space with short term contracts and sign a less talented PF for cheap than to take on Boozer's contract. One reason they're moving Pau is because his contract is huge for what he provides and the new luxury tax is looming. Trading Pau for another huge contract but for a worse player is not what the Lakers want to do at this point.
XXIV

Postby LakeShow85 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Boozer? As in Carlos... :freak2: uhh next please.
If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
LakeShow85

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas