tyrus thomas is on the block

tyrus thomas is on the block

Postby lalfan on Thu May 21, 2009 11:08 pm

chicago is in need of a low post presence. here's a thought, may not be popular in lakerland but what about

Gasol, luke for hinrich and tyrus plus fillers.

at first glance it looks like we got the short end of the stick but think about it, we get to get rid of luke's horrible contract, Gasol is soft as a tissue paper and he ain't gonna change but in the East, he can make the all star team every year. we're getting a real two way point guard in return and a young athletic power forward in case we don't resign LO. i think it's a good trade for both teams.
lalfan

Re: tyrus thomas is on the block

Postby Larry14r on Thu May 21, 2009 11:14 pm

lalfan wrote:chicago is in need of a low post presence. here's a thought, may not be popular in lakerland but what about

at first glance it looks like we got the short end of the stick but think about it, we get to get rid of luke's horrible contract, Gasol is soft as a tissue paper and he ain't gonna change but in the East, he can make the all star team every year. we're getting a real two way point guard in return and a young athletic power forward in case we don't resign LO. i think it's a good trade for both teams.

Like i said in your dreams because they want either Bosh or Amare.
Larry14r

Postby lalfan on Thu May 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Larry14r wrote:
lalfan wrote:chicago is in need of a low post presence. here's a thought, may not be popular in lakerland but what about

Like i said in your dreams because they want either Bosh or Amare.

Gasol is way better than those two, Gasol is a traditional back to the basket low post threat, unlike those two, they're just jump shooting small forwards trapped in pf bodies.
lalfan

Postby pureuncut100 on Fri May 22, 2009 2:58 am

No way do we trade gasol for Tyrus Thomas/Hinrich. But Odom is a possibility though. We might not get both Thomas and Hinrich for Odom but we could get Thomas.

The fact of the matter is that we need a player like Tyrus Thomas. Watching this series against Denver really is exploiting our lack of a physical player.
pureuncut100

Postby Larry14r on Fri May 22, 2009 10:29 am

pureuncut100 wrote:No way do we trade gasol for Tyrus Thomas/Hinrich. But Odom is a possibility though. We might not get both Thomas and Hinrich for Odom but we could get Thomas.

The fact of the matter is that we need a player like Tyrus Thomas. Watching this series against Denver really is exploiting our lack of a physical player.

If that was the case then why we didn't do that at the trading deadline.
Larry14r

Postby doctorsubie on Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 am

i think your underestimating how good of a passing big with a back-to the basket-either-hand scoring threat Pau is...tyrus thomas only started making some 12 to 15 foot shots in the boston series, but otherwise was only known as a dunker, so i think that's a terrible trade, Hinrich or not...
doctorsubie

Postby lalfan on Thu May 28, 2009 9:38 pm

doctorsubie wrote:i think your underestimating how good of a passing big with a back-to the basket-either-hand scoring threat Pau is...tyrus thomas only started making some 12 to 15 foot shots in the boston series, but otherwise was only known as a dunker, so i think that's a terrible trade, Hinrich or not...

i think it's an awesome trade. look, we get Thomas who basically replaces LO, 1st big man off the bench, providing rebounding and shot blocking. the money we save up for not resigning LO that can go toward Boozer, he's a good passer and can hit the mid range shots just as good as Gasol and is more tough than Pau. besides, Boozer is your modern type of power forward that roaming around the outer paint area, not like Gasol who operates inside the paint, so that will give Bynum more free room inside to operate.

Bynum
Boozer
Ariza
Kobe
Hinrich

now, that's a nice starting five right there.
lalfan

Postby TT24 on Thu May 28, 2009 9:42 pm

^ Time to wake up.
TT24

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas