UNfortunatly we might have to wait for 2008

Postby LAKERFAN4225 on Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:17 pm

LakersCourt wrote:LeBron James is who we need

Having James play the role of facilitator in the Triangle offense, with Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum would destroy the entire league.

LeBron James in 2008 :jam2:

That might work on Playstation, but this is the NBA.
Kwame will be a free agent in '08 and LBJ will be locked up ASAP just like Amare & Yao.
LAKERFAN4225

Postby LakersCourt on Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:01 pm

Sorry, but LBJ will be a Laker in 2008. This is what Jerry Buss wants, and whatever he wants, he tends to get. The idea of seeing a LeBron-Kobe-Bynum tandem is just too sick for words.

I like Bosh, but Kobe is 27 years old. Not old at all, However we need to think about the future. Bynum is 18 years old, and already showing signs of becoming a very good(if not great) Center in this league. Bring LeBron James in, and we will be set with James and Bynum to carry on for quite a few years.

LeBron James in 2008! :jam2:
LakersCourt

Postby In The Key on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:03 am

Emeka Okafor - probably won't leave. He's got a bright future and his own team up om Charlotte. A young team with a bright future. He won't be here in 07.

Andre Iguodala - As much as all Laker fans wan't him to come, Iguodala is one of the few players in the league that looks comfortable and enjoys playing along side AI. He can get big money in other places, but most likely will stay in Philly, where he's loved.

Gilbert Arenas - Rising star. That's it. He's on the verge of superstardom, it would be a bad time to bolt to L.A. and share a superstar role with Kobe.

Baron Davis - This intrigues me. We've heard Baron years ago expressing interest in Los Angeles, but he's got a solid future and is an outstanding duo with Jason Richardson. He looks comfortable. He'll most likely stay in the Bay Area for a while.

Ben Gordon - Again, a good chance he'll stay in Chicago. He's really got no role in L.A.

Richard Hamilton - Pass. He'll stay in Detroit.

Jason Kidd - We could probably snag him at a relatively reasonable price. Although he'll have a good deal, he'll demand a lengthy contract for insurance, and we are building on the future. Not for us. But if he wants to retire in 2 years and accepts the minimum, go for it.

Jermaine O'Neal - Depending on if the Pacers reach the Finals in the next two years, Jermaine might express interest in L.A. He wanted to share a superstar role with Tim Duncan years ago, and the chance to become a duo with a fellow high school star in Kobe should catch some media time.

Ron Artest - Being coached by Phil Jackson should be in Artest's best interest. Could be a great player for us, but he may not want to be in L.A. unless Lamar can be cleared out or traded.

The Rest:

Corey Maggette - low chance
Shawn Marion - low chance
Steve Francis - We have a good chance here
Tim Duncan - no chance
Dwight Howard - good chance
Elton Brand - low chance

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby verde on Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:58 pm

Emeka Okafor - Charolette won't let him go. I don't think he'll be that great of a player anyways. Maybe a Ben Wallace type. but never a KG or Tim Duncan. which is what kobe needs.

Andre Iguodala - It'd be nice. I'm sure philly will scoop him up before then though.

Gilbert Arenas - No. good point guard. he could not handle the triangle, and he definately couldn't handle playing with kobe. he needs the ball in his hands for 18 seconds on every possession to be an effective player.

Baron Davis - He'll be old an injured by then.

Radoslav Nesterovic - HA. maybe we should trade kwame brown for him?

Ben Gordon - Has already expressed interest in leaving chicago (because he wants to be a starter). My guess is he'll be traded before 08...and that team will resign him.

Richard Hamilton - needs the detroit offense to be effective. (which means cutting off 18 different screens to get open for a 15 foot jumpshot.)

Jason Kidd - will be old and crippled by then.

Brent Barry - would be a great pickup for the triangle.

Jermaine O'Neal - Unless Indiana pisses him off big time, i doubt he'd leave.

Ron Artest - Same deal as JO. though i could see Artest getting all hyped up about being in hollywood. and then becoming a free agent to try to get to LA. i don't know how he'd handle the lifestyle when he got there though....lol.

Bruce Bowen - see jason kidd. he's already in his late 30's, i think.

Josh Childress - no.

Josh Smith - can he do anything besides dunk? i don't think so.

Shaun Livingston - no. unless he hits the weight room everyday from now until 2008.

Corey Maggette - will want a boatload of money. (10 mil per season) i've never liked his game.

Shawn Marion - Phoenix won't let him go. and the luxury of playing with steve nash will keep marion there.

Steve Francis - no. see "Gilbert Arenas"

Delonte West - good up and coming point guard. definately a possibility.

Theo Ratliff - he'll be 35. and making 12 mil/season. unless he accepts the veterans minimum.

Tim Duncan - i wish. i think he'll play until he's 45. san antonio will keep him locked up though.

Dwight Howard - Orlando already let go of one of the greatest players in history (shaq, obviously). i really highly doubt that they'd do that again. and i think dwight howard will be great. KG-esque. possible mvp in ~5 years. he'd be a 20-10 guy if steve francis ever passed him the ball. He's got great hands, great post moves, great footwork.
Why can't kwame be like him? :cry:

Elton Brand - He'll be making 17 million dollars a year 08.
also...i don't know why he's on this list.
hoopshype.com says his contract expires in 09.
verde

Postby LaLaLaLakers on Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:11 am

Ron Artest !!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Or no... were trading for him, :mhihi:
LaLaLaLakers

Postby silver0187 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:34 pm

If you want Kobe & LeBron, you'll see it in the Olympics. HAHA, we are gonna get that gold back.
silver0187

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas