Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby drexlerfan11 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:08 pm

If not Green, maybe Webster?
drexlerfan11

Postby LakersCourt on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:10 pm

:bang: This is one say day Laker fans. Our GM doesn't do jack squat. He just sits on his butt and doesn't make any moves. I hear now that Magloire is going to Toronto, and not that this is going down. Dammit Mitch, wakeup and smell the coffee.... Get freakin' Chris Paul. If no moves are made, and the Lakers do stay the same(not what my sources tell me will happen, but I want to cover all bases) than I think there should be a vote of "no confidence" in Mitch's leadership.
LakersCourt

Postby Furious D on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:21 pm

This is not good news for Laker fans. Bynum, from what I'm hearing, is the top target at 10. I bet Mitch is scrambling trying to figure out who he's goint to pick. Theres an article posted somewhere that says they havent even narrowed down their list of potential picks. :bang:
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby LakersCourt on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:28 pm

He is an idiot if he can't get a deal done. I was hearing from my sources that Butler, Atkins and #10 WOULD be shipped to Portland for #3 and Ruben Patterson. WTF? That was a great deal. At least then we could have finally gotten Chris Paul. Now, if Mitch doesn't do anything, how does he expect us to improve. Maybe he doesn't get it. MOVE UP IN THE DRAFT!!!!! My god, expiring contracts, Caron Butler, the #10 pick, don't even give me an excuse, as to the problems. Get it done or else I am going to be one livid Laker fan. :mad1:
LakersCourt

Postby vic5150 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:42 pm

Hear that sucking noise, it's another season going down the drain and summer league hasn't even started. :disagree: :bang: :man6:
Black Dynamite: "I'm declaring war on anyone who sells drugs in the community!"
Chocolate Giddy-Up: "But Black Dynamite, I sell drugs in the community!"
vic5150

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:44 pm

its ok guys.. this coming year is going to be a break-out year for sasha and a mihm and a career rejuvination for brian grant :bang:

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:56 pm

I think something will go down on draft day during the draft. I just know it... If not, whatever, Phil can turn teams around. Remember we were doing well under Rudy T for the longest time...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby alex58 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:22 pm

LOL I told you guys all day long , our GM will never do anything, and the other teams will never help us just like that!!!!
the other teams want some incentives, and we are not even talking , and if we are , we are not agressive enough. One more year down the drain, cause if we keep talking here about the free agent market , we will end up to the same thing. Unless a miracle will happen... there is nothing will change our attitude :jam2:
Magic , the only way to bring back the go0d old days.
alex58

Postby lakerholic on Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:45 pm

This could play into what emplay was discussing in the thread under Lakers Discussion about Jim Buss on 710... apparently, Jim Buss mentioned something about "you have the 10th pick and you try to move to 6 and you have the 6th pick and you try to move to 3....and emplay was saying that it was curious that Jim would throw out those numbers

Maybe there is a second trade coming where Portland moves down to 10 and we move up to 6 (per other posters thoughts in that thread)?
lakerholic

Postby lakerfool on Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:56 pm

I thought Portland was in love w/ Webster?

WTF? :mad1: :bang:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby kbitboc on Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:06 pm

dammit...i want Bynum in purple and gold :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
kbitboc

Postby draftjack&Diogu on Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:06 pm

Bynum told ESPN that he was guaranteed to be in the lottery and his family and himself are so confident that they are going to the draft even though he wasn't invited. If Portland takes Webster at 6, assuming the Utah/Portland trade goes down, I think we take Bynum, a no brainer. But if Portland takes Bynum, I have no idea what we do. It doesn't sound like the Lakers are so hot on Felton
BYE CARON, IT WAS A GOOD YEAR
draftjack&Diogu

Postby noeatingYELLOWsnow on Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:11 pm

how about everyone gets furious about something that hasnt happened yet. no saying bynum is going to pan out or anything. i dont see the lakers being a bad team whether or not mitch k. does anything. like said before we were doin well under rudy t. kobe was out for how long? give it all a rest, things will be fine, mitch k. has jerry wests support, why not give him a shot.
noeatingYELLOWsnow

Postby Chief on Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:25 pm

Portalnd is asking way too much for that pick...i wouldnt give the 10 . Caron and Chucky sure..but thats it. :man1:
Chief

Postby Mark McNamara on Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:04 pm

Caron1 just mentioned in his mock draft that the Lakers and POR are discussing a trade in which LA would get the #6 and POR the #10....players were not mentioned except that Caron would not be included unless Reef is included.

Don't bash Mitch yet guys, the offseason is just getting started.
Mark McNamara

Postby Chivalry on Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:13 pm

Let's try and be reasonable, now. Bynum is not Shaq. I would love to draft Bynum as a project but I think it's simply ridiculous to assume that Portland has just guaranteed itself domination for the next decade.

Does anyone even remember what Shaq looked like coming out of high school? How about college? Check out the pictures -- Shaq was chiseled. And the Shaq of today is still in better shape than young Bynum. What happens when the kid's metabolism actually slows down?

Again, I think Bynum's a good kid, seems to have some outstanding skills, may turn out to be a heck of a player in a few years, but it's not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination.

And all this 'Mitch is a failure, woe is me' crap is annoying as hell. Let's wait and see what happens before we panic over a series of conflicting rumors.
Chivalry

Postby John3:16 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:50 pm

Mark McNamara wrote:Caron1 just mentioned in his mock draft that the Lakers and POR are discussing a trade in which LA would get the #6 and POR the #10....players were not mentioned except that Caron would not be included unless Reef is included.

Don't bash Mitch yet guys, the offseason is just getting started.

I'd MUCH rather have the 6th pick and keep butler then the 3rd and lose him. We can still trade Butler for a player and there are good players to be had at 6.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerstuntman on Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:57 pm

we wont get either webster or green before we get them it will be knicks, portland, raptors, bobcats trying to get one or the other if there man is gone like channing frye ect.......if they are still there

it wont happen!
lakerstuntman

Postby MarkMadsen on Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:03 pm

you guys are idiots if you think Mitch isnt doing anything.. Hes probably the most active gm out there right now. Always impatient and never give credit where its due. This is the kind of stuff Mitch was referring to about those so called "insiders." They hype up all these rumours then when none of it happens, they all point fingers at Mitch for not completing these deals for all we know never even happened. :disagree:
MarkMadsen

Postby gill on Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:07 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:you guys are idiots if you think Mitch isnt doing anything.. Hes probably the most active gm out there right now. Always impatient and never give credit where its due. :disagree:

Ahh the insanity of being a Laker fan... why is it that we want Mitch to come up with something right away this offseason? How many done deals are out there right now aside from the NY/PHX trade?

Man, we really are impatient fans.
gill

Postby Lateralus on Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:55 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:you guys are idiots if you think Mitch isnt doing anything.. Hes probably the most active gm out there right now. Always impatient and never give credit where its due. This is the kind of stuff Mitch was referring to about those so called "insiders." They hype up all these rumours then when none of it happens, they all point fingers at Mitch for not completing these deals for all we know never even happened. :disagree:

I agree. Everyone just shut up with all the hate against Mitch until AFTER the draft. If he screws up then you can bash him.
Lateralus

Postby alcor805 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:42 am

I've got my fingers crossed for Bynum to still be on the board at 10. The Lakers would be an ideal fit for him. 3 years on a rebuilding team where any significant contribution would be noticed and praised. The only downside is he'd be Kobe's b-i-t-c-h version of Shaq.
alcor805

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:11 am

Now if we could get the 4th pick and pick Paul that would be n UPSET steal.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas