Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:49 pm

The trade would go down like this: Walton, Sasha, and Mbenga plus will throw in a couple of 2nd round draft picks to sweeten the deal. And the Knicks send us Eddy Curry plus cash considerations of $198,688.00 to make the numbers match up. After the trade we will save a total of $10,776,515.00 over the long run, and if were lucky and Curry has a great year and decides to opt out, then we will save an additional $11,276,863.00

I know Eddy Curry has some heavy issues that he still needs to deal with, but I believe he can still do some great things for our team. This trade would help both teams in many ways, for the Lakers it will give us a beast of a back up at C/PF who can create his own shot and dominate the boards. Plus we would save a ton of cash. Walton was great for us, but we basically won the championship with out Sasha, so we won't miss very much just Walton's passing ability. The Knicks do this trade because they get rid of Curry and it won't affected their salary cap next year because Curry is still under contract, plus they get a couple of experinced players to surround Labron James with next year.

This deal will put us at twelve players so we sign Rodney Carney to replace Sasha and call it a day!!!!! :jam2:
AztecaEmperor

 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:52 am

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Knicks are only going to be looking at expiring contracts. Luke's contract is way too long for their liking.

And on our side of it, we already had one fat, lazy, overpaid center. I have no interest in obtaining another.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby Larry14r on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:14 pm

AztecaEmperor wrote:The trade would go down like this: Walton, Sasha, and Mbenga plus will throw in a couple of 2nd round draft picks to sweeten the deal. And the Knicks send us Eddy Curry plus cash considerations of $198,688.00 to make the numbers match up. After the trade we will save a total of $10,776,515.00 over the long run, and if were lucky and Curry has a great year and decides to opt out, then we will save an additional $11,276,863.00

I know Eddy Curry has some heavy issues that he still needs to deal with, but I believe he can still do some great things for our team. This trade would help both teams in many ways, for the Lakers it will give us a beast of a back up at C/PF who can create his own shot and dominate the boards. Plus we would save a ton of cash. Walton was great for us, but we basically won the championship with out Sasha, so we won't miss very much just Walton's passing ability. The Knicks do this trade because they get rid of Curry and it won't affected their salary cap next year because Curry is still under contract, plus they get a couple of experinced players to surround Labron James with next year.

This deal will put us at twelve players so we sign Rodney Carney to replace Sasha and call it a day!!!!! :jam2:


That idea sucks :bang:
Larry14r

 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:59 pm

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:25 pm

I understand what your saying and but I think you need to look at the big picture. If Curry plays up to his potential he may outshine Bynum and possibly take some of his minutes. Even If he sits on the bench we still save lots of money while only sacrficing Walton. Having Curry will motivate Bynum to perform at his best instead of wasting his time trying to buy a freakin Ferrari. :mad1: Bynum is leting fame and money get to head for which he has yet to earn. Eddy Curry has already went through that stage of his life and is trying to get back on the right track. :freak2:
AztecaEmperor

 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:52 am

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby emplay on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:30 pm

laugh - um no
Check me at at www.HOOPSWORLD.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus
emplay
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 3945
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:50 pm

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Why does this trade suck Larry14r? I have not seen any of your trade ideas, besides, people would have said the Gasol trade would suck for the Grizzlies. The Gasol trade was great for us but made sense finacially for the Grizzlies. And this trade makes sense for us and the Knicks, Curry does not fit D'antoni's system, but Walton and Sasha due and like said earlier, this trade will NOT affect their cap space and it gives the knick some good role players. Do you think L.James will jion the Knicks if they can't compete for a title, heck NO! he's not that stupid. He does not want to be the greatest player to ever live and not win a championship. Even right now with out L.James the Cavs are a better team than the Knicks . Mitch said he would make a deal that was financially responsible, so say good bye to Walton and Sasha. :jam2:
AztecaEmperor

 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:52 am

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:44 pm

AztecaEmperor wrote: If Curry plays up to his potential he may outshine Bynum and possibly take some of his minutes.

Curry is 26, I seriously hope no one is still holding out hope this guy is going to ever amout to half of the potiential he had. Curry couldn't steal any of Bynum's minutes if he had a ski mask and a shotgun.

AztecaEmperor wrote: Even If he sits on the bench we still save lots of money while only sacrficing Walton.

And the Knicks help us out why? They take on anything but an expiring contract why? They'll move whatever combo of Curry + Chandler/Jeffires/picks that get them expirings. That's the only thing they are interested in. So that results in this deal ending up in the dumpster.

AztecaEmperor wrote: Having Curry will motivate Bynum to perform at his best instead of wasting his time trying to buy a freakin Ferrari. Bynum is leting fame and money get to head for which he has yet to earn.

Trading for someone who would end up behind DJ on the depth chart won't motivate Drew to do anything but laugh at him while he's on the court and Curry is downing a chicken wing on the bench. Who cares if a 21 year old kid who's into cars and just got a fat extension buys another set of wheels for his garage? I don't see how you can claim all that is getting to his head based on a couple of photos. Seems like a stretch to me. Let's wait and see a healthy Bynum back in the mix before we jump to such claims.

AztecaEmperor wrote: Eddy Curry has already went through that stage of his life and is trying to get back on the right track.

He's still 20 pounds overweight. He's still 300 lbs. plus. He's still not committed, in my book, otherwise he would have played in the Knicks summer league like they asked him to. He knows his contract is entering the final stages and he's starting to do what it takes so he can get another one and doesn't end up like Marbury or Spree. Once he gets that next contract, he'll go right back to the line at the all you can eat buffet.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:09 pm

i got a better idea. sasha, famar, morrison for larry hughes. this saves us about 5 million dollars next year with hughes being an expiring. and hughes also provides us with a good defender off the bench and another vet. with hughes one year rental and fisher also expiring we will have about 19 million dollars coming off the books with this trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=lkg8ko
Image
User avatar
crazylakerfanforlife

 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: LA

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Remember that Mbenga is included in this trade so he would be backin g up Bynum and Curry plus we will save 12 mil. Curry lost about 40 pounds already, so that means he is committed. Let me see you lose 40 pounds in 2 months, it is not easy, especially if you like chicken wings. Besides the Knicks don't need any more expiring contracts, they are already 30 mil or so under the cap for next year. If they sign nate to a one year contract and keep David lee's contract at around 11 mil, they should have no problem signing Lebron"Queen"James next year.
AztecaEmperor

 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:52 am

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby TheGM on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:55 pm

It is really not smart to trade both Walton and Sasha for expiring contracts - how are you going to replace them with players next year in 2010? You already need to use the MLE to replace Fisher. What means are you going use to replace them with in 2010? The veteran minimum?

If you are going to take on Curry's salary, there has to be an asset acquired.

A better deal would be Curry and Chandler for Morrison and Walton or Sasha. The Knicks would gain another 5 million in cap room in 2010 and LA would gain a valuable player in Chandler to backup the 2/3.
TheGM

 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:26 pm

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Sounds good, but the Knick would give up too much for that, plus we are good at SF, but we would replace sasha with carney.
AztecaEmperor

 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:52 am

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:15 pm

AztecaEmperor wrote:Curry lost about 40 pounds already, so that means he is committed. Let me see you lose 40 pounds in 2 months, it is not easy, especially if you like chicken wings. Besides the Knicks don't need any more expiring contracts, they are already 30 mil or so under the cap for next year. If they sign nate to a one year contract and keep David lee's contract at around 11 mil, they should have no problem signing Lebron"Queen"James next year.

Actually, he's lost 30 pounds. It's much easier to shed weight and keep it off during the off-season when you're not living out of a suitcase and constantly on the run like players are during the NBA season.

Give me $10.5m and I'll lose 40 pounds (or 30 pounds, which is actually what Curry lost), hop on one leg, ride a unicycle, and cluck like a chicken.

Well despite your belief, the Knicks are still strictly interested in expiring contracts, just read any of the reports from the beat writers covering the Knicks (or even check out Sheridan's article posted in the NBA discussion). They won't be able to land Bron if they can't land a second superstar too. So they do have to clear some additional dead weight and that's just what Curry's 328 pound self is...dead weight.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby Larry14r on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:42 pm

AztecaEmperor wrote:Why does this trade suck Larry14r? I have not seen any of your trade ideas, besides, people would have said the Gasol trade would suck for the Grizzlies. The Gasol trade was great for us but made sense finacially for the Grizzlies. And this trade makes sense for us and the Knicks, Curry does not fit D'antoni's system, but Walton and Sasha due and like said earlier, this trade will NOT affect their cap space and it gives the knick some good role players. Do you think L.James will jion the Knicks if they can't compete for a title, heck NO! he's not that stupid. He does not want to be the greatest player to ever live and not win a championship. Even right now with out L.James the Cavs are a better team than the Knicks . Mitch said he would make a deal that was financially responsible, so say good bye to Walton and Sasha. :jam2:


It's because they won't appect Luke's contract.
Larry14r

 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:59 pm

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby from714to402 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:44 pm

:man3: :hurl:
Image
User avatar
from714to402

 
Posts: 8192
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: The 402

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby TheGM on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:53 pm

JSM wrote:
Well despite your belief, the Knicks are still strictly interested in expiring contracts, just read any of the reports from the beat writers covering the Knicks (or even check out Sheridan's article posted in the NBA discussion). They won't be able to land Bron if they can't land a second superstar too. So they do have to clear some additional dead weight and that's just what Curry's 328 pound self is...dead weight.


Any deal of Morrison plus Walton or Sasha clears them 5 million in cap space for 2010. The only way they will be able to trade Curry is to include another asset and take back a longer contract that is less per year thus they probably would be willing to take back Walton's contract just to save 5 million off of Morrison's expiring contract for 2010.
TheGM

 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:26 pm

Re: Walton+Sasha+Mbenga & Picks 4 Eddy Curry

Postby therealdeal on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:19 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm


Return to Trade and Signing Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.