What about Chris Wilcox?

What about Chris Wilcox?

Postby SmoothOperator on Tue May 16, 2006 2:38 am

I know Chris Wilcox is a free agent this offseason and from what I've seen ever since he was traded to Seattle and got playing time, he played very well for them. He's able to rebound, defend, and finish around the basket. I think he's pretty close to being in the same caliber as Boozer and Kmart... but it's possible to get him for cheaper than the other 2.

I think alot of teams will be offering him the MLE and he'll be able to get at least 7 million a season due to the lack of quality big men this offseason.... So how about a sign and trade. Offer Mihm + Cook for Wilcox.

This allows us to still have our MLE to fill the hole in the PG position... hopefully marcus banks will take that.

If this happens I'll admit i'd be pretty happy. Got a legit power forward and a legit point guard and our once swiss cheese starting lineup because very solid....

i'd also like it if we signed Kukoc for the vet min as he's pretty versatile and can play both PF and SF positions.

Kwame/Bynum
Wilcox/Turiaf/Kukoc
Odom/Walton
Kobe/Kareem Rush(LLE)
Banks/Smush/Saaha

what do you guys think?
SmoothOperator

Postby NBA FAN on Tue May 16, 2006 3:14 am

i really don't see seatle biting. they have a legit developing C in Swift that's only 21 years old. and i don't see why they would bring anyone that would play his position and stagger his growth. it might work as a 3 team deal if a 3rd team that needs a C gets involved in the talks.
NBA FAN

Postby MarkMadsen on Tue May 16, 2006 6:11 am

Seattle has no use for Mihm and Cook. Wilcox has been playing great for them. Wilcox is the guy who liiterally owned Mihm and eventually knocked him out for the season. :man10: Something tells me a swap wouldnt intrest them at all. And they already have a plethora of young bifgs as it is.
MarkMadsen

Postby High IQ on Tue May 16, 2006 7:46 am

I'd say keep an eye on Wilcox. just like on Mike James. it was their contract year, so it's quite possible that they will get their deal signed, and don't fill expectations.
High IQ

Postby KAMILLION on Tue May 16, 2006 7:50 am

The second the Clips said they wanted to trade Wilcox for a finesse big man that could stroke the rock I wondered why the Lakers weren't all over that. We had Cook and Mihm to fill those needs. Was there an expendable 4 out there that could shoot better than Cook at the trading dealine? Mihm has a nice touch on his shot also. I think Lakers brass could have done something to get that trade done. Wilcox and Kwame holding down the paint would have been pretty formidable combo. However, they didn't, he is in Seattle and is probably going to remain there.

Is there anyone out there that knows if Lakers brass even looked into a trade with the Clips? Or were they set on Radmonovic?
KAMILLION

Postby LukeWalton on Tue May 16, 2006 8:10 am

I think Seattle is set with Wilcox..

They have Swfit and Petro at Center and they dont want to hinder their development.

Wilcox and Ridnour/Watson were pretty solid in pick n. roll/fast break..

Seattle is going to be playing Phx Sun ball next year.
LukeWalton

Postby Savage1 on Tue May 16, 2006 2:19 pm

High IQ wrote:I'd say keep an eye on Wilcox. just like on Mike James. it was their contract year, so it's quite possible that they will get their deal signed, and don't fill expectations.

Good thought. Especially somebody who showed up for a half of a season. Same with Marcus Banks, it's a risk. He wasn't impressing Dunleavy in LA, so I don't know which player we would be signing.
Savage1

Postby Lakers#1fan on Tue May 16, 2006 10:44 pm

you know what to tell you the truth marcus banks and chris wilcox suck and would'nt really help us :man13:
Lakers#1fan

Postby trodgers on Wed May 17, 2006 8:52 am

Lakers#1fan wrote:you know what to tell you the truth marcus banks and chris wilcox suck and would'nt really help us :man13:

:man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby SmoothOperator on Wed May 17, 2006 10:35 pm

I think Seattle would be forced to let Wilcox sign with us and they might as well do a sign and trade to get something in return instead of letting him walk for nothing...

Similar to what happened with Joe Johnson and Phoenix last offseason where he told phoenix not to match Atlanta's offer....

and i don't know if the poster above me is being sarcastic or not... wilcox + banks fills huge holes. would you prefer odom at the 4 and luke at the 3 with smush as our starter? Wilcox + Banks = huge upgrade.
SmoothOperator

Postby SmoothOperator on Wed May 17, 2006 10:39 pm

I think Seattle would be forced to let Wilcox sign with us and they might as well do a sign and trade to get something in return instead of letting him walk for nothing...

Similar to what happened with Joe Johnson and Phoenix last offseason where he told phoenix not to match Atlanta's offer....

and i don't know if the poster above me is being sarcastic or not... wilcox + banks fills huge holes. would you prefer odom at the 4 and luke at the 3 with smush as our starter? Wilcox + Banks = huge upgrade.
SmoothOperator

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu May 18, 2006 5:02 am

SmoothOperator wrote:I think Seattle would be forced to let Wilcox sign with us and they might as well do a sign and trade to get something in return instead of letting him walk for nothing...

Why would Seattle be forced to let Wilcox sign with us? The most we could offer is the MLE. Seattle can and will match that if it had to come to that.
MarkMadsen

Postby ObiWanKobe on Thu May 18, 2006 3:43 pm

Lakers wouldn't want Wilcox, he doesn't thrive in the half court. He's doing well in Seattle because they run like crazy. He slacks on D and rebounding, that's why the Clippers gave up on him. He also didn't know the plays either. The Clippers traded him instead of losing him as a FA for nothing they could get someone or audition someone in the case of Radmonovich
ObiWanKobe

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas