What can brown do for you?

What can brown do for you?

Postby flexxdzl on Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:49 pm

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Wizards extended a qualifying contract offer Wednesday to Kwame Brown, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2001 draft who was suspended at the end of last season.

Kwame Brown
Forward-Center
Washington Wizards

2004-2005 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
42 7.0 4.9 0.9 .460 .574

The offer makes Brown a restricted free agent, so the Wizards have the right to match any offer another NBA team makes him this offseason.

The Wizards also made a qualifying offer to guard Steve Blake.

Brown averaged 7 points and 4.9 rebounds in 42 games last season, slightly below his four-year career averages of 7.7 points and 5.5 rebounds. He has yet to fulfill the potential that made him the first high school player to go first in an NBA draft.

He was suspended for most of the postseason after missing a practice and Game 4 of the Wizards' first-round playoff series against the Chicago Bulls.

"There is no saying that he won't be back with us," Washington president of basketball operations Ernie Grunfeld said last month. "We'll explore all of our options. We'll meet with him and his representatives and see where we are. There is a possibility that he will be back with us."

Blake averaged 4.4 points and 1.5 assists in his second NBA season. He was a second-round draft pick in 2003 after helping Maryland win the 2002 NCAA championship
flexxdzl

Postby Sirron on Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:26 pm

Brown does nothing for me. Fed Ex dude to the NDBL. I hope the Lakers don't touch him. I can see them throwing Bynum to the dogs and not getting just as much. No need for him. I'll pass.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby trodgers on Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:45 pm

Far better options out there, even for LLE, I think. I'd rather try to pick up one of the older, more savvy big men with the LLE if we can and, if not, trade all of our garbage and Caron and see what we can get.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Dime Dropper on Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:40 pm

sirronstuff wrote:Brown does nothing for me. Fed Ex dude to the NDBL. I hope the Lakers don't touch him. I can see them throwing Bynum to the dogs and not getting just as much. No need for him. I'll pass.

Yeah but I have a feeling there's gonna be some rumors surfacing about Brown to L.A. No Mitch.
Dime Dropper

Postby kobethegreat on Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:52 pm

i would LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to have brown on our team he is an athletic big man that really fits our style and anyways since bynum isnt gonna give us immediate production we could really use him.......i think he is suckin in washington cuz he dont wanna be there....he would do good in another team
FRANCISCO GARCIA TO THE QUEENS????? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????? I THINK IMA GONNA THROW UP (IF U HAVENT NOTICED "IM DOMINICAN")
kobethegreat

Postby Jim on Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:10 pm

I still expect the Lakers to make a deal for P.J. Brown once Stromile Swift becomes a Hornet. With Turiaf and Cook that'll round out our PF core.
Jim

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:40 am

Jim wrote:I still expect the Lakers to make a deal for P.J. Brown once Stromile Swift becomes a Hornet. With Turiaf and Cook that'll round out our PF core.

Well he hasn´t the best contract but for George and Slava anyday :jam2:
Last edited by KB24 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby magic2kb8 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:17 am

KB8@CL wrote:
Jim wrote:I still expect the Lakers to make a deal for P.J. Brown once Stromile Swift becomes a Hornet. With Turiaf and Cook that'll round out our PF core.

I wouldn´t trade Turiaf and Cook for PJ because his contract is ugly and he is going to be worse and worse and isn´t the youngest anymore with 36+

he wasnt saying trade cook and turiaf....he was saying that those 3 would be our pf's
magic2kb8

Postby wavy on Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:35 am

i would love to se tyson chandler in LA. he's big, he's strong he could fit in i think
wavy

Postby Mastermixer on Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:40 am

i think brown will not be good ever because if he just diddnt want to play in washigton ud think he would still play well his contract year
Mastermixer

Postby JWest#44 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:50 pm

I don't think Kwame BRown would be good in LA :disagree: . But Tyson Chandler would be nice :man1: [/url][/list][/code][/quote]
"Confidence is a lot of this game or any game. If you don't think you can, you won't." - Jerry West
JWest#44

Postby Sirron on Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:55 pm

Is this thread still here??? :lock:
Sirron

Postby JSM on Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:23 pm

I would rather keep Tierre Brown than bring in Kwame Brown.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KB24 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:10 am

magic2kb8 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

I wouldn´t trade Turiaf and Cook for PJ because his contract is ugly and he is going to be worse and worse and isn´t the youngest anymore with 36+

he wasnt saying trade cook and turiaf....he was saying that those 3 would be our pf's

my bad. Sorry

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby orwell on Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:31 am

jsm0331 wrote:I would rather keep Tierre Brown than bring in Kwame Brown.

I thought they already traded Tierre Brown back to the WNBA? :man1:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
orwell

Postby akvohra on Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:56 am

jsm0331 wrote:I would rather keep Tierre Brown than bring in Kwame Brown.

alright...now i know you have to be lying. :man4:
akvohra

Postby Sirron on Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:27 am

That's just not nice. But we don't need any more guards that can't finish. I like the guy, but it was kinda like watching Fisher try to take it to the rack. I had to wince and appreciate the effort, but what was he thinkin?? :bang:
Sirron

Postby jimbo327 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:36 am

Brown is a definite possibility for the Lakers.
jimbo327

Postby LakersCourt on Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:38 am

I am extremly high on Brown, In fact I would definetly offer him the mid-level before Stromile or Daniels. If we bring in Jay Williams, and have him be out starting Point Guard, and he performs half as well as he did in his rookie year, we will do well.

Look at this potential starting 5!!!!!

G-Jay Williams
G-Kobe Bryant
F- Lamar Odom
F- Kwame Brown(Mid-Level exception)
C-Chris Mihm

Your gambling bigtime on that, but if it payes off, you could have made out like a bandit. Please Mitch, roll the dice, like you did with Bynum, and bring Williams and Brown here.
LakersCourt

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:56 am

You would make him an offer before you would Daniels? Wow, I certainly would not even consider that. Kwame would be a very last case scenario for me. And that means that even Deke would have to be taken, before I would offer Kwame the MLE.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Brown

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:10 pm

there is no need for a center or foward rite now the lakers have that locked with Odom, Bynum, Turiaf, Mihm, possibly Divac. Even if Brown wanted to come to the lakers there is no place for him. the lakers needs are guards, a starting PG & a back up SG in case Kobe gets injured. Lakers need people that can get high percentaged shots, perimeter shots, quick defensive hands, and good passers, not rebounders, shot blockers, or post player cause they already have that.

Postby Sirron on Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:18 pm

I disagree. You can't man a front line with someone moving to small forward, old guys, or rooks. It won't work. Mitch has already said he is still looking for a big.
Sirron

brown

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:31 pm

BUT U CAN MAN A FRONT LINE WITH ROOKIES IN OLD PEOPLE, PHIL JACKSON IS GONNA COACH, COME ON NOW. PHIL LOVES ROOKIES HE IS GONNA MOLD BYNUM INTO THE NEXT SHAQ. JACKSON WILL HAVE THAT BOY WORKIN HARD OVER THE SUMMER ALL OF THE BIG MEN WILL BE WORKIN HARD. MITCH MADE A SMART MOVE BY PICKING BYNUM (THE ONLY SMART MOVE HE BECAME GM) PHIL IS USED TO COACHING BOTH SHAQ & KOBE NOW THAT SHAQ IS GONE YOU GET THE SEQUEL TO SHAQ 7FT TALL, 285LBS, GREAT INSIDE PLAYER & GOOD DEFENSIVE PLAYER. NOW DIVAC IF HE STAYS A LIL LONGER THATS GONNA HELP ALSO, GREAT PASSER AND REBOUNDER, FINDS SOMEONE OPEN ALL THE TIME. ODOM GREAT REBOUNDER, NICE INSIDE GAME, WHEN KOBE WAS INJURED WHO TOOK OVER? ODOM WITH HELP FROM BUTLER AND ATKINS. MIHM GREAT REBOUNDER, GREAT SHOT BLOCKER, AND HE CAN SCORE WHEN YOUR PLAING AN EASTERN TEAM BECAUSE MOST OF THEIR CENTERS ARE 6-9 TO 6-11 & BYNUM WILL BE HAVING EXCELLENT GAMES WHEN LAKERS PLAY EASTERN TEAMS HE IS GONNA PUSH THEM AROUND LIKE SHAQ DOES.

Re: brown

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:38 pm

Shaq-HaTA wrote:there is no need for a center or foward rite now the lakers have that locked with Odom, Bynum, Turiaf, Mihm, possibly Divac. Even if Brown wanted to come to the lakers there is no place for him. the lakers needs are guards, a starting PG & a back up SG in case Kobe gets injured. Lakers need people that can get high percentaged shots, perimeter shots, quick defensive hands, and good passers, not rebounders, shot blockers, or post player cause they already have that.

Shaq-HaTA wrote:BUT U CAN MAN A FRONT LINE WITH ROOKIES IN OLD PEOPLE, PHIL JACKSON IS GONNA COACH, COME ON NOW. PHIL LOVES ROOKIES HE IS GONNA MOLD BYNUM INTO THE NEXT SHAQ. JACKSON WILL HAVE THAT BOY WORKIN HARD OVER THE SUMMER ALL OF THE BIG MEN WILL BE WORKIN HARD. MITCH MADE A SMART MOVE BY PICKING BYNUM (THE ONLY SMART MOVE HE BECAME GM) PHIL IS USED TO COACHING BOTH SHAQ & KOBE NOW THAT SHAQ IS GONE YOU GET THE SEQUEL TO SHAQ 7FT TALL, 285LBS, GREAT INSIDE PLAYER & GOOD DEFENSIVE PLAYER. NOW DIVAC IF HE STAYS A LIL LONGER THATS GONNA HELP ALSO, GREAT PASSER AND REBOUNDER, FINDS SOMEONE OPEN ALL THE TIME. ODOM GREAT REBOUNDER, NICE INSIDE GAME, WHEN KOBE WAS INJURED WHO TOOK OVER? ODOM WITH HELP FROM BUTLER AND ATKINS. MIHM GREAT REBOUNDER, GREAT SHOT BLOCKER, AND HE CAN SCORE WHEN YOUR PLAING AN EASTERN TEAM BECAUSE MOST OF THEIR CENTERS ARE 6-9 TO 6-11 & BYNUM WILL BE HAVING EXCELLENT GAMES WHEN LAKERS PLAY EASTERN TEAMS HE IS GONNA PUSH THEM AROUND LIKE SHAQ DOES.

Sorry man, but you are just flat-out wrong. Where were you all of last year? Odom couldnt handle any solid power forwards on DEFENSE last year, which seems to be what you're missing. He did ok last year on the offensive end and very nicely on the boards but we NEED a solid 4 or 5 next year.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Barrel of Kwame

Postby Pray for Laker Wins on Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:02 pm

Kwame Brown needs work. He has a bad attitude sometimes in the locker room and gets into fights with teammates. He also has "Kicked-Puppy Syndrome" from MJ's b!tch slaps all those years.

But, Phil coached Dennis Rodman pretty well in Chicago and he has a very forgiving coaching style. So, I can't imagine Kwame Brown not wanting to play for us. He would get a much needed second chance and an envirnment that would really allow him to play to his potenial. Because Kwame Brown looks really good on paper...that's why MJ drafted him as a first round pick.

So, we know the Lakers would be good for Kwame...the important queations is, rather, will Kwame be good for the Lakers? We already know Washington can drive up the price of a barrel of Kwame by having the rights to match out bid.
The other kid piped in, "Hey what happened to the Lakers?" "We lost our way," I told them. "We just lost our way at the wrong time." I smiled, got in the car, and started the engine. I headed home.
Pray for Laker Wins

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas