who can the lakers sign next summer

who can the lakers sign next summer

Postby kobekju24 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:30 pm

im really at a loss here i mean who can they sign that would fit into the rotation well
kobekju24

Re: who can the lakers sign next summer

Postby NobodyKnows41 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 pm

???????????!LOL :freak2: :freak2: :freak2: :freak2:
NobodyKnows41

Postby xfellerx on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:23 pm

dont worry man, I am having a boring off season too.
xfellerx

Postby Shampagni on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:28 pm

Allen Iverson would be the perfect fit for the Lakers

1. The point guard in the triangle is not a traditional point, they must drive the lane and kick. Iverson can breakdown a defense.
2. He can shoot & Pass (Jordon Farmar can do neither)
3. He wants a ring bad, and Phil Jackson can handle egos (Even though he can't coach)
4. I know that he can play better defense than Farmar
5. He's fast, we'll have a hell of a fast break
Three Point Shooter
We need a reliable three point shooter, to further spread the defense (Sasha's not making it)
Even though I love Ron Artest, we should have resigned Ariza!
If Bynum doesn't step up this year, we need to trade him.
I Love Shannon Brown, he needs to be the first guard off the bench.
I love the idea of getting rid of all of the useless bench players, (Sasha,Farmar, Mbenga, Morrison, That Chinese player and bring in seasoned vets and put them on the bench.
Shampagni

Postby Shampagni on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:32 pm

xfellerx wrote:dont worry man, I am having a boring off season too.

If you have cable, check out NBA TV, there are a lot Lakers games from last season and classic games.
Shampagni

Postby Shampagni on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:06 pm

:mad1: What is the role of a General Manager??????
Answer: IT'S TO EVALUATE THE THE TEAM AND SEE WHAT THEY NEED TO WIN!
Mitch you blew it! :man6:
1. Jordan Farmar is a streaky shooter who can't pass, and can't hit free throws. He can't defend, and he plays out of control most of the time.
2. I love Fish, but let's face it, chemistry wise he's indispensable, but he's slowing down and can't defend the quicker guards, and sometimes he gets on my last nerve when he, races down and jacks up a three with no one under the basket to rebound :disagree:
3. Shannon Brown is a work in progress, but even he, can't penetrate, and he is inconsistent, I love his defense, and eventually he should get better.
4. Sasha is the best defensive guard that the Lakers have, he's always up in his opponent's grill, and he passes better than both Farmar and Brown, he needs more playing time to get a rhythm on his shot.
5. Morrison :disagree: CHILD PLEASE!!
HISTORY Norm Nixon was a beloved guard in Los Angeles, and Jerry West traded him for Byron Scott, he got a lot of heat from the press and from the fans, me included, but it proved to be the best move for the Lakers, :man6: Mitch, why did you let the trade deadline pass without addressing one of the main problems the Lakers have, THE POINT GUARD POSITION!!!!! :bang: Cleveland got better, The Celtics got better, why couldn't we have gotten Harris from the Nets, or Caron from Washington, do you really think that we should have stood pat? REALLY!?, I mean REALLY!!!?
Shampagni

Postby Larry14r on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Shampagni wrote::mad1: What is the role of a General Manager??????
Answer: IT'S TO EVALUATE THE THE TEAM AND SEE WHAT THEY NEED TO WIN!
Mitch you blew it! :man6:
1. Jordan Farmar is a streaky shooter who can't pass, and can't hit free throws. He can't defend, and he plays out of control most of the time.
2. I love Fish, but let's face it, chemistry wise he's indispensable, but he's slowing down and can't defend the quicker guards, and sometimes he gets on my last nerve when he, races down and jacks up a three with no one under the basket to rebound :disagree:
3. Shannon Brown is a work in progress, but even he, can't penetrate, and he is inconsistent, I love his defense, and eventually he should get better.
4. Sasha is the best defensive guard that the Lakers have, he's always up in his opponent's grill, and he passes better than both Farmar and Brown, he needs more playing time to get a rhythm on his shot.
5. Morrison :disagree: CHILD PLEASE!!
HISTORY Norm Nixon was a beloved guard in Los Angeles, and Jerry West traded him for Byron Scott, he got a lot of heat from the press and from the fans, me included, but it proved to be the best move for the Lakers, :man6: Mitch, why did you let the trade deadline pass without addressing one of the main problems the Lakers have, THE POINT GUARD POSITION!!!!! :bang: Cleveland got better, The Celtics got better, why couldn't we have gotten Harris from the Nets, or Caron from Washington, do you really think that we should have stood pat? REALLY!?, I mean REALLY!!!?

Ah yeah because the Mavs, Celtics, and cavs will all choke in the playoffs and by the way the LAKERS HAVE A LUXURY TAX PROBLEM YOU DUMB SOB AND WE CAN'T ANY MORE PAYROLL. SO HERE AN IDEA DRINK YOUR BEER AND SHUT YOUR MOTHERF***IN TRAP OR ELSE BECAUEE DON'T F*** WITH ME BECAUE I'M NOT THE MOOD FOR IT.
Larry14r

Postby Shampagni on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:47 am

:mad1: Who the F*** do you think you're talking to you Gooney fu**, I have my opinion and you have yours, and who cares about your dumbass mood?! And learn how to spell a-hole, I stand by every word that I wrote, we need a point guard, did you see your boy Farmar's passing skills on parade last game???, No one on the Lakers can penetrate idiot :man2:
Shampagni

Postby Larry14r on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Shampagni wrote::mad1: Who the F*** do you think you're talking to you Gooney fu**, I have my opinion and you have yours, and who cares about your dumbass mood?! And learn how to spell a-hole, I stand by every word that I wrote, we need a point guard, did you see your boy Farmar's passing skills on parade last game???, No one on the Lakers can penetrate idiot :man2:

Talking to you fool because I can do whatever i want. Also I know that we need a PG, but AI is not the answer because he would never fit here as I told you before which I need to kick you head to make you listen. Also if we want to get a PG deal with it during the summer because the plan was to just let Morrison and Fisher's contract to just expire the whole time because it to reduce luxury tax payments. Then split the MLE one a PG and a swingman. Like 3-4 mil on a PG and 1-2 mil on a swingman. Also Kobe needs to be resigned as well that's the other reason why they didn't do anything at the deadline becase Kobe needs to be signed to whatever capkilling we are going to give him. So lessoned learned.
Larry14r

Postby Shampagni on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Larry14r wrote:
Shampagni wrote::mad1: Who the F*** do you think you're talking to you Gooney fu**, I have my opinion and you have yours, and who cares about your dumbass mood?! And learn how to spell a-hole, I stand by every word that I wrote, we need a point guard, did you see your boy Farmar's passing skills on parade last game???, No one on the Lakers can penetrate idiot :man2:

Talking to you fool because I can do whatever i want. Also I know that we need a PG, but AI is not the answer because he would never fit here as I told you before which I need to kick you head to make you listen.
What you need to do is SHUT THE FU** UP :mad1:
Shampagni

Postby TKainZero on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:27 am

There has got to be a point guard out there, that would want to come and win Championships here in LA.
100 people see fire.
99 start screaming and getting hysterical over all the smoke.
I start looking for the cause.

Concern yourselves with the Problems, not the Symptoms.
TKainZero

Postby wessyderyda on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Wall Sczcerbiak is sitting at home right now without a job. Mike Miller will be a free agent. Raymond Felton will be a free agent. A long shot would be Ray Allen who will be a free agent. That would address the PG and shooting issues.
wessyderyda

Postby Satan on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Lmao, where did this come from.

In

Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby earvinfr on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:10 am

Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby SignPippenNow on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 am

Don't be surprised if LA, if Felton won't come for MLE, opts to pursue Steve Blake.
SignPippenNow

Postby Larry14r on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:17 am

SignPippenNow wrote:Don't be surprised if LA, if Felton won't come for MLE, opts to pursue Steve Blake.

Good because we have more than one need on this team anyways.
Larry14r

Postby Larry14r on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:19 am

Too late he can't play in the playoffs now because he is waived after March 1st so he should just take the rest of the season off.
Larry14r

Postby earvinfr on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 am

Larry14r wrote:

Too late he can't play in the playoffs now because he is waived after March 1st so he should just take the rest of the season off.

The thread is about next summer. I think he can be a good fit for us.
earvinfr

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:04 am

I want them to try to get Louis Amundson. It would be nice to have a guy that, no matter how much minutes he gets or how many shots he takes, will work his tail off. Plus he's a Cali guy, so he may want to come to LA if the price is reasonable.

The whole world knows we need to address the PG spot. Despite Duhon not having a great season, he's still 27 (28 in Aug.) and will be some what cheap (getting $6 million this year, will probably get half in the summer). He's averaging 7 ppg and 6 asg and is a decent defender. We just need a PG that can stay iin front of his man.
TT24

Postby karlv on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:16 pm

What if the Lakers come to an agreement with Haywood from Dallas for the MLE? They'd have a really good backup center, if injuries should occur to either Pau or Andrew .Then they wouldn't have to play a smaller and defensively worse lineup with Odom at PF ând they would keep their size advantage.
karlv

Postby diannagron on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:04 pm

i like Louis Amundson tooo ...he will be a gud option for lakers!
diannagron

Postby earvinfr on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Shaun Livingston has played well lately. He'll be available this summer. Knowing all his injury issues would take the risk of signing him ?
earvinfr

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas