Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby lakersStan24 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:35 pm

We Got sterned in December 2011 Which I'm Still Angry About Should the Lakers Get Him next Summer in Free Agency or wait till 2014 with a Possible Pairing With LeBron Plus Dwight with Nash Playing Out His Final Year
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
User avatar
lakersStan24

 
Posts: 744
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby CornMonkey on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:41 pm

1. Does it take you longer to type capitalizing almost every word?

2. The Lakers have moved on from Chris Paul. More importantly, I think Chris Paul has moved on from the Lakers. I expect him to resign with that all-style-and-no-substance team in the Clippers.
CornMonkey

 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby Alcindor on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Pointless exercise. Getting CP3 while we still have Nash for 2 more years isn't going to happen. As for later on who knows, but I see little point in guessing when there's no way to know everything that might be available through FA, trade etc.
User avatar
Alcindor

 
Posts: 1822
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: North Hollywood

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby SK8 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:49 pm

No thanks.
When Nash is done, without a doubt i would take Kyrie Irving over Chris Pall :jam2:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1491
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby OX1947 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Let's ask Basketball Reasons......

Us: Will the Lakers persue Chris Paul when he is a free agent?

Basketball Reasons: No.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:18 pm

pursue*

that's all i want to contribute to this thread.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10397
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby raviator on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Lakers won't be able to afford him. Pau and Kobe are under contract until 2014 taking up almost 50 million of team's payroll, plus they will be busy trying to resign Howard probably pushing payroll for those three somewhere north of 70 million. And that's not factoring in everyone else on the team. At the end of 2014 season however everyone except Nash, (and hopefully Howard) will be off the books. So no, unless Paul signs a one year deal with Clippers next year with the intention of joining 2014 free agent class, it's not happening.
User avatar
raviator

 
Posts: 509
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:00 am
Location: East Coast

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:24 pm

I wouldn't want him for what he will want to make..... As most know.... I think he's pretty overrated and fairly one dimensional. I'd take Rondo or Irving over him for this team any day...
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22586
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby OX1947 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:04 pm

fksteveblake wrote:pursue*

that's all i want to contribute to this thread.


Image
OX1947

 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 pm

OX1947 wrote:
fksteveblake wrote:pursue*

that's all i want to contribute to this thread.


Image


actually that's plain old spelling, not grammar. and it was a reference to the OP's title...just noticed you followed his lead. :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10397
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:23 am

Rooscooter wrote:I wouldn't want him for what he will want to make..... As most know.... I think he's pretty overrated and fairly one dimensional. I'd take Rondo or Irving over him for this team any day...

I'm sorry, but that comment is ridiculous. Chris Paul is the best point guard in basketball. Rondo can't hold his jock strap. Unlike Rondo, CP3 can actually shoot the ball consistently and he's every bit the play maker Rondo is. Rondo is probably better defensively, but the gap there isn't that big. The gap between Paul and Rondo is much bigger on offense than it is on defense. Irving could be as good as Paul one day, but he's still a few years away.

Paul will get a max contract and rightfully so because he's one of the top five players in the world. Last season he took a Clippers team that had been the butt of jokes in the NBA for several years and turned them into a legit contender. From a lottery team to one of the best in the West. Paul makes other guys around him better. Look what he did with Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. Last season Paul averaged 19 points, 9 assists, shot a decent percentage, and once again was one of the league leaders in steals and PER.

I love Steve Nash, but if we could trade him to the Floppers for CP3 I'd do it in a heartbeat and I'm pretty sure Mitch would as well. I'm not sure if we could do that next year and if they would accept it, but if they did it would be a no brainer trade. Nash is still terrific, but he's past his prime while Paul is just entering his. If the trade last December had gone through we'd have two legit young superstars in their prime who could lead the franchise when Kobe calls it quits in a few years.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby OX1947 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:39 am

fksteveblake wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
fksteveblake wrote:pursue*

that's all i want to contribute to this thread.


Image


actually that's plain old spelling, not grammar. and it was a reference to the OP's title...just noticed you followed his lead. :man10:


Hey, I am not the one with a giant (bleep) head on my avatar.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 am

it's actually a potato, but it's nice that your mind went there first. either works truthfully...lol
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10397
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby mastersworddude on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 pm

No. Our chance for CP3 has passed.
mastersworddude

 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby LAKEROC on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Predictions

1. Kobe DOES retire in 2 years

2. Kobe gets 1 more ring, and will tie Michael Jordan

3.LeBron James signs MAX deal with Los Angeles Lakers in 2014

4. Lakers will MAX either Kyrie Irving(my prediction) or John Wall when the time comes.

5.Lakers next "BIG 3" in 2015- Howard-(29 years), James(30 years), Irving(23 years), with a Gasol(35 years old) on a MLE deal-
LAKEROC

 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby Rooscooter on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:I wouldn't want him for what he will want to make..... As most know.... I think he's pretty overrated and fairly one dimensional. I'd take Rondo or Irving over him for this team any day...

I'm sorry, but that comment is ridiculous.


Be sorry all you want.....

..... why all the stat?.... we aren't playing Fantasy basketball.....

Paul's game is predictable and repetitive.... Rondo's isn't and Rondo excels in the playoffs.... Paul... well ... he doesn't.

Another reason I don't want him here is because you would probably have to have another name change.... I'm just now remembering your previous one.....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22586
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:I wouldn't want him for what he will want to make..... As most know.... I think he's pretty overrated and fairly one dimensional. I'd take Rondo or Irving over him for this team any day...

I'm sorry, but that comment is ridiculous.


Be sorry all you want.....

..... why all the stat?.... we aren't playing Fantasy basketball.....

Paul's game is predictable and repetitive.... Rondo's isn't and Rondo excels in the playoffs.... Paul... well ... he doesn't.

Another reason I don't want him here is because you would probably have to have another name change.... I'm just now remembering your previous one.....

Are you sayings stats don't mean anything? If so that's ridiculous. They aren't everything, but they do tell you alot about the player and how good they are. Rondo has had more playoff success simply because he's played with far more talent than Paul has. Put Paul on Boston and they win multiple championships.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby Rooscooter on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Are you sayings stats don't mean anything? If so that's ridiculous. They aren't everything, but they do tell you alot about the player and how good they are. Rondo has had more playoff success simply because he's played with far more talent than Paul has. Put Paul on Boston and they win multiple championships.


Well.... I'm just ridiculous then....

Why keep responding to my posts on this..... didn't we already cover this ground about 3 or 4 times?

I'd take Rondo and you wouldn't.... O.K. now we got that clear... move on.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22586
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby venky on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:53 pm

I too would take Rondo. Rondo > CP3 in the Playoffs.
Image
venky

 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby mastersworddude on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:54 pm

LAKEROC wrote:Predictions

1. Kobe DOES retire in 2 years

2. Kobe gets 1 more ring, and will tie Michael Jordan

3.LeBron James signs MAX deal with Los Angeles Lakers in 2014

4. Lakers will MAX either Kyrie Irving(my prediction) or John Wall when the time comes.

5.Lakers next "BIG 3" in 2015- Howard-(29 years), James(30 years), Irving(23 years), with a Gasol(35 years old) on a MLE deal-

How would we sign Irving. He'd be a RFA.
mastersworddude

 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby XXIV on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:10 pm

mastersworddude wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:Predictions

1. Kobe DOES retire in 2 years

2. Kobe gets 1 more ring, and will tie Michael Jordan

3.LeBron James signs MAX deal with Los Angeles Lakers in 2014

4. Lakers will MAX either Kyrie Irving(my prediction) or John Wall when the time comes.

5.Lakers next "BIG 3" in 2015- Howard-(29 years), James(30 years), Irving(23 years), with a Gasol(35 years old) on a MLE deal-

How would we sign Irving. He'd be a RFA.


How would we get Steve Nash. We can only get him through a trade and Phoenix won't do that. How would we get Dwight Howard. He doesn't want to be a Laker and the Magic want both Pau and Bynum.

Mitch has his ways. :man12:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6384
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby mastersworddude on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:53 pm

XXIV wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:Predictions

1. Kobe DOES retire in 2 years

2. Kobe gets 1 more ring, and will tie Michael Jordan

3.LeBron James signs MAX deal with Los Angeles Lakers in 2014

4. Lakers will MAX either Kyrie Irving(my prediction) or John Wall when the time comes.

5.Lakers next "BIG 3" in 2015- Howard-(29 years), James(30 years), Irving(23 years), with a Gasol(35 years old) on a MLE deal-

How would we sign Irving. He'd be a RFA.


How would we get Steve Nash. We can only get him through a trade and Phoenix won't do that. How would we get Dwight Howard. He doesn't want to be a Laker and the Magic want both Pau and Bynum.

Mitch has his ways. :man12:

Well Phoenix planned to move on from Nash anyway, and Dwight wanted out.
Unless something happens, Cleveland will have a vice grip on Irving.
We'll see.
mastersworddude

 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby JGC on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:51 am

Purhaps we will.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Will The Lakers Persue Chris Paul Again in The Future?

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Are you sayings stats don't mean anything? If so that's ridiculous. They aren't everything, but they do tell you alot about the player and how good they are. Rondo has had more playoff success simply because he's played with far more talent than Paul has. Put Paul on Boston and they win multiple championships.


Well.... I'm just ridiculous then....

Why keep responding to my posts on this..... didn't we already cover this ground about 3 or 4 times?

I'd take Rondo and you wouldn't.... O.K. now we got that clear... move on.


Lol does KeepBynum ever win an argument? :man10:
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm


Return to Trade and Signing Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.