Mo Williams to Lakers making real sense right about now...

Mo Williams to Lakers making real sense right about now...

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Think about it...he played for Mike Brown in Cleveland, so he knows the system that Brown will implement this season. And get a load of this...If my memory serves me right, Lamar's trade exception was $8.8 Million. Mo Williams salary is $9.3 million. That leaves a difference of $500K, which is nothing! For a 1 time All Star, that is a bargain! i don't think Lamar never made an All Star Team. This CP3 trade was a blessing in disguise you guys!

Sure, he isn't on the same level as Chris Paul, but he is a savvy vet. He averaged 14 points and 7 assists a game last season. Those are impressive stats, and he is 29. That's not too old at all. He is quick, can shoot the 3, and dish it off. You guys saw the constant alley hoops to Blake Griffin last season, I hope. That was fun to watch!

My dad always said to me that with every rejection (CP3 Trade), there is something good right around the corner. That thing is Mo Williams. We need a quick point guard, and we need him now. What do you say guys?
ThaEntrepreneur

Re: Mo Williams to Lakers making real sense right about now...

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Not with his contract he ain't. It's ok, when NJN and ORL realize they don't have any leverage and we score Deron and Dwight, all will be well in LakerLand.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Not with his contract he ain't. It's ok, when NJN and ORL realize they don't have any leverage and we score Deron and Dwight, all will be well in LakerLand.

We have Lamar's trade exception for $8.8 Million. Mo's salary is $9.3 Million. The difference is only $500K.

Dwight is chickening out. He ain't leaving Orlando to go to LA. He's said numerous times that he doesn't want to be in Shaq's footsteps. That Russian billionaire ain't letting Deron go either haha! No way that's happening!
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 pm

You never know..Mo Williams may ask for a buy out and rejoin Mike Brown
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby magicman32 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Mo Williams is an upgrade over Fisher but he's too pricey
magicman32

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 pm

ThaEntrepreneur wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:Not with his contract he ain't. It's ok, when NJN and ORL realize they don't have any leverage and we score Deron and Dwight, all will be well in LakerLand.

We have Lamar's trade exception for $8.8 Million. Mo's salary is $9.3 Million. The difference is only $500K.

Dwight is chickening out. He ain't leaving Orlando to go to LA. He's said numerous times that he doesn't want to be in Shaq's footsteps. That Russian billionaire ain't letting Deron go either haha! No way that's happening!

It's called a "smokescreen".

The Russian billionaire meanwhile is an idiot.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:32 pm

magicman32 wrote:Mo Williams is an upgrade over Fisher but he's too pricey

Hey would take a pay cut for sure. To reunite with the coach who he respects, of course. You watch.

To try to get an NBA title, he would take a pay cut, for sure. He is well worth the $. Real upgrade over Fish.
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Mo Williams would be an amazing fit and just the type of PG this team needs. The guy can ball.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby silversurfer on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:48 pm

don't want that loser
silversurfer

Postby noobiew on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:34 pm

I prefer if we can get Baron Davis for minimums for this season lol :man11:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:46 am

For the price? hell no.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby artuditu on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 am

He's not that overpaid, he's a complete PG, he can pass, he can score, can shoot 3's, he knows Mike Brown, he's still young... way better than Blake who's making $4 mill a year, and less determinant than Tony Parker who's making $12 million, it's normal he's somewhere around $8 mill a year.

He could perfectly be the kind of above-average PG we were looking for. Only concern is that he's not clutch, but we have Kobe for that. He's neither supposed to be #2 option as he was in Cleveland.
artuditu

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:26 am

^ 8 million for what he would provide for this team is way too much. There's a reason Lamar was dumped and the Lakers added McRoberts for less than half that cost.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby artuditu on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:29 am

^ Then he's not overpaid, we just can't afford him right? Well, sad news then, right now I don't see any better PG options than Mo Williams for this team, taking into account quality and his age.
artuditu

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:32 am

Personally I think he's overpaid, but that's because there's a flood of PGs out there. Sure, he's better than a lot of them, but that doesn't mean he's worth 8 million dollars. I mean, Lamar Odom is making 8 million dollars. Is he worth the same as Lamar Odom?

And consider that there's far more effective PG/SG than there are PFs so Odom's value is actually even higher.

Regardless though, he's not worth Odom's TPE. I would much rather the Lakers try to use Sasha's TPE to get a guy like Augustin if they could.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:04 am

artuditu wrote:He's not that overpaid, he's a complete PG, he can pass, he can score, can shoot 3's, he knows Mike Brown, he's still young... way better than Blake who's making $4 mill a year, and less determinant than Tony Parker who's making $12 million, it's normal he's somewhere around $8 mill a year.

He could perfectly be the kind of above-average PG we were looking for. Only concern is that he's not clutch, but we have Kobe for that. He's neither supposed to be #2 option as he was in Cleveland.

This.
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:22 am

therealdeal wrote:^ 8 million for what he would provide for this team is way too much. There's a reason Lamar was dumped and the Lakers added McRoberts for less than half that cost.

You have a good point.
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby artuditu on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:38 am

therealdeal wrote:Personally I think he's overpaid, but that's because there's a flood of PGs out there. Sure, he's better than a lot of them, but that doesn't mean he's worth 8 million dollars. I mean, Lamar Odom is making 8 million dollars. Is he worth the same as Lamar Odom?

I actually do think his value is near Lamar, not as good, but somewhere near. He's been an All Star, he's 4 years younger and a team player not individualistic. You also have to take into account Odom is actually underpaid, he could have signed a higher contract and played more minutes in any other team but he chose to stay a versatile sixth man in LA.
artuditu

Postby Phil XI on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Blake + Luke for Mo Weeeezy. Clips have a few roster slots to get filled. Do it Mitch. :jam2:
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas