would this work? feel free to add/subtract players!

would this work? feel free to add/subtract players!

Postby iki4life on Tue May 15, 2007 8:02 am

m new to this and i have no idea about the trade machine thingy BUT heres my 2 cents.................sign free agent PJ BROWN at center from bulls for about 2 years and vet. minimun

then,

trade bynum and kwame for gasol

then,

trade trade jordan farmar, vladimir, 19th pick, for bibby(give or take according to salary cap)

and the lakers line up would be...
G-mike bibby
SG-kobe bryant
SF-lamar odom
PF-pau gasol
C-pj brown

bench would be- walton(6th man of the year hehehe :jam2: ), sasha, turiaf, mihm, 2 2nd round picks, etc
iki4life

Postby iki4life on Tue May 15, 2007 8:09 am

MR. KUPCHAK....PLLZZZ READ THE ABOVE AND CONSIDER THE TRADE
iki4life

Postby CrazyTury on Tue May 15, 2007 8:31 am

We don't need another scorer we need a guy who can defend. Bibby is defenceles... Sign PJ it's great and then Gasol what a duo man but we would still need a PG who can defend and manage the team...
CrazyTury

Re: would this work? feel free to add/subtract players!

Postby trodgers on Tue May 15, 2007 12:48 pm

iki4life wrote:m new to this and i have no idea about the trade machine thingy BUT heres my 2 cents.................sign free agent PJ BROWN at center from bulls for about 2 years and vet. minimun

I like PJ Brown...a lot. That said, he might enjoy winning in the East and stay there. PJ may not be able to play heavy minutes (25+ per game). Just something to think about.

trade bynum and kwame for gasol

Gasol makes almost $14m. Doesn't work under the cap.

trade trade jordan farmar, vladimir, 19th pick, for bibby(give or take according to salary cap)

Give a lot. Bibby's due 13.5m. We're sending out $6.6m.

and the lakers line up would be...
G-mike bibby
SG-kobe bryant
SF-lamar odom
PF-pau gasol
C-pj brown

bench would be- walton(6th man of the year hehehe :jam2: ), sasha, turiaf, mihm, 2 2nd round picks, etc

It's a nice lineup, but you have three new players in the starting lineup. Walton may not want to stick around to come off the pine, to be quite honest. I like Brown and Mihm at C, but it's probably worse than what we have now. We make up at PG and PF though.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Tue May 15, 2007 3:53 pm

CrazyTury wrote:We don't need another scorer we need a guy who can defend. Bibby is defenceles... Sign PJ it's great and then Gasol what a duo man but we would still need a PG who can defend and manage the team...

Nash doesn't really defend, Tony Parker is an average defender. Bibby's jumper is amazing, especially in Staples (02WCF??). Problem is, I don't see the Maloofs dealing with us, let alone giving up Bibby for Vlad and Farmar. The PJ signing should have been done four years ago and I have yet to see that Memphis is even interested in dealing Gasol.
Off season will probably go:
Draft Nick Young USC
Sign Grant Hill MLE
re sign Luke
sign Mihm to minimum deal
Kwame and Bynum for JOneal and Tinsley
PG Tinsley, Farmar
SG Bryant Young
SF Walton Hill
PF Odom Turiaf Cook JO
C Mihm JO Turiaf
lakeshow2k4

Postby shotcaller on Tue May 15, 2007 5:38 pm

you know, i like the way the guy above me thinks never really thought about that
shotcaller

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas