would you do this trade?

Re: would you do this trade?

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:06 pm

The worst ideas and the worst excuses come from "we have X coach and he doesn't do ____ well, so let's trade players".

Howard is the best big man in the game. And yes I can guarantee it'll happen. The f***ing guy came off of back surgery and jumped into the rotation. What did you think was going to happen?

If you have the best big man in the game, you adjust everything else to him. Brown did it for Bynum. Jackson did it for Bryant, Jordan, and O'Neal. D'Antoni can do it with Howard.

Trading him because we have D'Antoni is ludicrous.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:56 pm

I didn't say he wasn't best big in game when healthy nor did i say he isn't a better talent than harden & asik combined. My point is with MDA being coah and the Buss' not willing to fire him also & pay mike brown & mda i don't see how D12 can flourish here because MDA doesn't have a history of tweaking his system. If thats the case why stay with D12 when he isn't used properly & not get better fitting players if we are stuck with MDA. In a perfect world we could deal gasol for youth & athletism.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:57 am

The worst argument anyone can make is that Howard and Mike D'Antoni don't fit.

That's ridiculous.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:The worst argument anyone can make is that Howard and Mike D'Antoni don't fit.

That's ridiculous.

Your right they do fit because MDA says he hates post ups & D12 is the worst post up guy going when it comes to turnovers haha
hollywood swinger

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:33 am

How about this trade? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5t2kb5
(Reason why each team does the trade)
Phoenix: Gortat has been disgruntled over the lack of touches since Nash has left, and they need some new faces in the locker room and fast
Memphis: It's no secret that the Grizzlies have been shopping Gay around and in this trade they get back a reasonably good defender and smart scorer in Pierce, and although they Marc, Gortat fits in better with the high rebounding good interior defense Memphis has
Lakers: Doing this trade would mean Dwight most likely wants out of LA and we would be getting a good haul back. A front court of Gasol brothers would be extremely interesting in my opinion, as neither would get in each other's way since both are great passers and can work down low. Beasley is the scorer everyone wanted and would work well in D'Antonis offense. Haven't followed the Celtics but I've heard Bradley is a great perimeter defender, something we desperately need.
Boston: Well here's where it gets tricky. Boston would obviously be losing a lot in this deal by giving up Bradley and Pierce, HOWEVER they would in turn become a defensive powerhouse with a front court of KG and Howard, not to mention how many easy assists Rondo would be able to dish out to Dwight every night, AND he fixes their offensive rebounding problem.
Thoughts?
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 pm

therealdeal wrote:The worst ideas and the worst excuses come from "we have X coach and he doesn't do ____ well, so let's trade players".

Howard is the best big man in the game. And yes I can guarantee it'll happen. The f***ing guy came off of back surgery and jumped into the rotation. What did you think was going to happen?

If you have the best big man in the game, you adjust everything else to him. Brown did it for Bynum. Jackson did it for Bryant, Jordan, and O'Neal. D'Antoni can do it with Howard.

Trading him because we have D'Antoni is ludicrous.

does this trade idea sound so crazy now????
anyway what do you think of a D12 for ready for this? a Deandre Jordan, eric bledsoe + parts package?
hollywood swinger

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas