Where Were You During Game 7 2010?

Favorite Ex Laker?

Favorite Chickism?
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Re: Lakers History Questionnaire

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:40 am

Been a fan since I believe mid to late 90's when I was growing up as a kid? The only basketball my dad would watch was Lakers ball and Grizzlies ball, and obviously I thought that Lakers ball was more exciting :man10:
First title I remember is the 00 one. First one that I was alive for. Game 4 in OT is what I remember the most :jam2:
Most outstanding Lakers moment that I have witnessed has gotta be the 10 Finals against the C's. No explanation needed here.
Somehow I managed to miss both the 81 pr game and the 62 vs. Dallas, so the outstanding Kobe moment that I watched would probably be the 63 point game against the Blazers, right off the top of my head.
During last year's game 7, my dad and I were at home watching the game.
Toss up between Mbenga, Sasha, Turiaf.
"This game's in the refrigerator..."
GoldHammish

Postby TIME on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 am

DarthRekal wrote:You Been A Fan Since When?

When Was The First Title You Remember?

Most Outstanding Lakers Moment?

Outstanding Kobe Moment?

Favorite Ex Laker?

Favorite Chickism?

Fan since 1965 (10 years old then)

First title I clearly remember was not 1972, but Magic's first year in 1980.

Most outstanding Lakers moment for me was 1985 and watching the team finally kill the monkey on the back with winning the championship against the Celtics IN Boston ON the parquet floor and stuffing that unlit cigar down Red's throat... watching Kareem lift his index finger high in victory. How sweet it finally was.

Outstanding Kobe moment: dang, so many. Him dismantling the Spurs for 48 in the WCFs, taking over on a sprained ankle with a fouled out Shaq to save the day against the Pacers in the Finals, 62 in 3 quarters against the Mavs, 81, completely controlling the flow of the games in the 2008 Finals, destroying the Suns in the 2010 WCFs and patting Alvin Gentry's butt...

Where was I for 2010 game 7: glued to my TV living and dying with every play.

Favorite ex-laker: NOT Smush Parker. Probably Ronny Turiaf.

Favorite Chickism: waaaay too many... :man6: - probably his skyhook call - "Kareem swings left shoots right... good!"
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:26 pm

You Been A Fan Since When?

Since i can remember mid 80s is my earliest memory of lakers..

i remember vaguely Magics baby hook.. but the back 2 back of 87-88 is my most vivid..

first game at the FORUM.. was so overwhelmed.. and to go back last year was just great! I was also at the first game EVER at Staples center :jam2:

Outstanding Kobe Moment?

Only cause i saw it LIVE.. Kobe's game winner in GAME 4 2006 against PHX

Home alone just came back from daughters 5th grade promotion dinner.. was checking scores while at restaurant.. couldnt eat got sick to my stomach.. came home turned game on.. then promptly turned it off.. thinking i was bad luck... turned it back on when heard neighbors screaming.. and after some praying.. lol.. watch the last 4 minutes.. nervously.. and screamed at the top of my lungs when it ended

Favorite Ex Laker?

Still like Eddie Jones and Aaron McKie :man1:

Favorite Chickism?

love the refridgerator... but also love MUSTARDS OFF THE HOT DOG.. and BUNNY HOP IN THE PEA PATCH
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby KB24 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Mid 90s. I remember watching "Inside NBA" and they were talking about MJ's successor. That was when Kobe had not even entered the NBA yet.

Talking to LO here in Cologne right after the Shaq trade. I told him to be awesome and to dominate with Kobe. If its a game situation, my most awesome moment has to be the Kobe buzzer beater vs. Detroit in the Finals.

Outstanding Kobe Moment?

Buzzer vs. Phoenix, Detroit,
81, 62, 56 vs. Memphis in 3 quarters
52 vs. Houston with dunk on Yao (swollen knee)
9 games of 40+
12 threes in a game
4 games of 50+
countless buzzer beaters, especially Portland game with 2 incredible 3s.

In my room alone, my laptop in front of me...watching the game in crap quality on online scream :mad1:

Favorite Ex Laker?

West and there is no contest for me.

Favorite Chickism?

Bloooows the layup! He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar
Lots of referees in the building, only 3 getting paid as far as I know. lol
The mustard is off the hot dog.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby GNC on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:48 pm

2003 lose to the spurs in the playoffs.

Versus Orlando 2009, the first championship during my time as a fan :bow:

My first lakers game in person versus the wizards will be one of the most outstanding moments I have had as a lakers fan.

Outstanding Kobe Moment?

81 points vs the raptors

In front of my tv... going between life and death

Favorite Ex Laker?

Not sure..

Favorite Chickism?

the fridge.
GNC

Postby Snake Eyes on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:58 pm

You Been A Fan Since When? - I was born a Lakers fan. I am not going to lie, I really like(d) Michael Jordan so when I was a kid I also liked the Bulls, but I love the Lakers where my like for the Bulls was just MJ. But come on, who didn't like MJ when they were a kid (if you grew up during that era).

When Was The First Title You Remember? I was born in 86 so I was too young to remember the 87 or 88 championships. Thus my first title I remember was 2000.

Most Outstanding Lakers Moment? - I know it should be the Lakers winning the championship against the Celtics, but the item that came to mind first was Robert Horry's epic three-pointer against the Kings in 2002. I have never shouted so loudly or gotten so excited for one play in my history of watching sports.

Outstanding Kobe Moment? - 81 point game

Where Were You During Game 7 2010? Sitting on the edge of my seat hoping the Lakers pull it off.

Favorite Ex Laker? - That is a tough one ... probably Nick the Quick. I would say Shaq but he did sign with Boston.

Favorite Chickism? - "This game is in the refrigerator, the door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the Jello's jiggling"
Snake Eyes

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:13 pm

You Been A Fan Since When? The Showtime era of the Eighties (the latter half of the decade, anyway).

When Was The First Title You Remember? 1987. I remember watching Game 6 of the FInals on a small TV in the living room. It wasn't in high-def, but it did have a color picture. :man1:

Most Outstanding Lakers Moment? Big Game James intercepting McHale's pass, diving and sliding across the floor to save the ball from going out of bounds, and while he was flying through the air, batting the ball to Magic Johnson, who proceeded to dunk it. The crowd went wild, and the Lakers blew out Larry Bird's team after that to win yet another title. :jam2:

Outstanding Kobe Moment? When he scored 81 for the regular season moment, and Game 4 of the 2000 Finals, when he made that game-winning tip-in at the end after Shaq fouled out, for the playoff moment.

Where Were You During Game 7 2010? My couch. :man10: I would have also been at my computer, but the CL website was down at the time. :man5:

Favorite Ex Laker? It's a tie between Ronny Turiaf and DJ Mbenga, but Trevor Ariza, Sasha Vujacic, and Jordan Farmar deserve props for helping us win a title or two. :jam2:

Favorite Chickism? The refrigerator's closed, of course. :man1:
Last edited by mamatheregoesthatman on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby John3:16 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Been A Fan Since When? 1981

When Was The First Title You Remember? 1982

Most Outstanding Lakers Moment? Magics Baby Baby Hook

Outstanding Kobe Moment? Alley oop to Shaq

Where Were You During Game 7 2010? School for first half and sweating / shaking with nervousness in 2nd half.

Favorite Ex Laker? Congo Cash

Favorite Chickism? Shaw - Shaq Redemption
John3:16

Postby hig on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:04 am

Outstanding Kobe Moment?

Favorite Ex Laker?

Favorite Chickism?

Been a fan since I was born...my dad used to take my sister and I to Laker games when they played at the Sports Arena and wore the blue and white...though I was really young then. I was 9 when they won the championship in '72, but the first one I really remember getting excited about was 1980..the end of my junior year in high school.

Most outstanding Lakers moment (I have a few)...winning the championship in Boston in 1985...Magics junior sky hook in 1987 and beating the Kings in 2002 and going outside and screaming as loud as I could for all of my Sacramento neighbors!!

Oustanding Kobe moment...of course "81" comes to mind, as well as his sky-high rebound over the Spurs in the 2001 WCF and him taking over, with a sprained ankle, in the 2000 finals against Indiana game 4 OT when Shaq fouled out.

Game 7 2010 finals...I was at work through most of the game then came home and got to watch the end at home by myself and screamed...I may have even shed a tear. LOL

Fav ex Laker...????

Fav Chickism... "The good Lord and four disciples couldn't beat the Lakers tonight", "The Lakers couldn't beat the Sisters of Mercy tonigh" and "This is your World Champion Laker's Basketball Network!"
"I'm sure people who've been in our corner, they'll stay in our corner. People who are not, I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon.

"Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room.'
hig

Postby LOAllStar2011 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:29 am

Question #1 - 1988.

Question #2 - 1988.

Question #3 - Lakers victory over Celtics in 2010 NBA Finals.

Question #4 - 81 point game.

Question #5 - At the game.

Question #6 - Trevor Ariza.

Question #7 - Game is in the refridgeratod.
LOAllStar2011

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:38 pm

November of 2002.

Obviously 2009, I'm only 16 so I couldn't see much before that.

Assuming moments I've seen, it has to be Game 7 vs Boston. Doesn't get bigger than that.

Outstanding Kobe Moment?
Since 2002, I am fortunate to see almost all of Kobe's greatest moments on live TV, but the greatest has to be 81 about 5 years ago. He has had so many spectacular moments since I've been watching but that one trumps them all.

At home watching with my dad. Whenever the Lakers are on the verge of a major loss or something like that, I get all pissed off and go watch in my room so I can freak out there. Basically the entire 3rd quarter was spent there. Then I was able to watch that glorious 4th quarter on the big TV, so all good.

Favorite Ex Laker?
From my era of watching, Congo Cash. The guy is funny as hell.

Favorite Chickism?
"Refrigerator" has to be the best, but I also love the simplicity of "Slaaaaammmmm dunk!"
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:10 pm

LOAllStar2011 wrote:Question #5 - At the game.

Awesome. :jam2: I hope you were able to get pictures/videos.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby gcclaker on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:05 pm

1. You’ve Been A Fan Since When?
1977 when West was the coach, Abdul-Jabbar was MVP and the squad was a Kermit Washington knee injury from winning it all. I was a very young kid but I picked up the names and been on the train since. Ain’t gettin’ off either!

2. When Was The First Title You Remember?
1980… When Laker Showtime first came on to a local sports channel near you. Johnson played center, forward and guard. They ran Philly off their own home floor. In the post game show, The Magic Man looking at the camera and dedicating the game to The Big Fella left at home with an injured ankle. My favorite memories of the day? Paranoid Sixer fans claiming that they saw The Captain in Philadelphia. One cab driver even said he drove him to the game!

3. Most Outstanding Lakers Moment?
Game 6 1985 NBA Finals… To me THAT will NEVER be touched. Our first against them on their floor in front of their fans on national TV. Season after season of heartbreak at their hands so it was special to deliver their heads to them for a change. McHale, Maxwell, Carr, Ainge all sitting there with empty looks…their fanbase quiet as a church group and best of all…Auerbach throwing his hands in disgust.

4. Outstanding Kobe Moment?
One game? Obviously the 81 point outburst considering the Lakers were DOWN 18 at one point. Moment? In the 2003 [or was it 2004?] playoffs against Minny when he went baseline flew behind the backboard and threw it down hard on the other side on Garnett’s dome while Nesterovich watched helplessly. Unfortunately, The Bean landed hard and messed up his shoulder that hindered him the rest of the postseason.

5. Where Were You During Game 7 2010?
At home…on pins and needles. Frustrated yet optimistic… Wondering when and how they will get over the hump. When they did and it was over… Elation, exhaustion and numbness. Then the Artest press conference happened. After that I was wondering if I needed a psychiatrist too. LOL!

6. Favorite Ex Laker?
Without question…Michael Cooper. In my playing daze, I copied him. Long white socks to the knees, a pair of huge white wristbands up on my arms. Skinny as a beanpole, could run all day…took special pleasure defensively torturing every player I covered. Played pick up ball on the same team with him summer of 1985 at Pasadena City College.

7. Favorite Chickism?
Too many but I always loved “Their chances are slim and none…and slim just left!” Close second? In describing then Denver swingman's T.R. Dunn's reluctance on offense..."He wouldn't shoot even if you put a gun to his head!"
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby KJ MonK on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:25 pm

2000 WCF, Game 7. "Kobe... to SHAQ!"
"HORRY, for the WIIIIIIN, YES!"

Outstanding Kobe Moment?
Buzzer beater vs. phoenix, ive never screamed louder
2 buzzer beaters vs. portland
65 vs. portland

watching at my grandparents house

Favorite Ex Laker?
Nick the Quick!

Favorite Chickism?
"he's embarrassed, he said me no make it"
"Just what i thought, a h00k shot from 12, G0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000D!!!!!"

:jam2:
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
"I know I can score 20 or 30 points anytime I want," Vujacic said.
KJ MonK

Postby nameant on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Since I can remember watching bball...probably around 90-91.

87-88 b/c my Dad had the clincher on VHS.

2010 Redemption. Horry FTW.

Outstanding Kobe Moment?
65 against Portland.

On my couch...well, standing up in front of my couch.

Favorite Ex Laker?
Probably Van Exel. Also really liked Byron Scott.

Favorite Chickism?
"Slaaaaam dunk!"
nameant

Postby DEH3 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:17 am

DarthRekal wrote:You Been A Fan Since When? mid-1980s when I was a little kid. (born in 1978). My Dad used to watch the Lakers and I just latched onto them.

When Was The First Title You Remember? 1985

Most Outstanding Lakers Moment? Game 7 last year against Boston and getting some revenge for 2 years prior. Second would be 1987 Finals and getting the edge over Boston in the 1980s. Most outstanding in the non-Finals category would have to be the comeback against the Blazers in 2000 when the Lakers of that era learned how to win.

Outstanding Kobe Moment? the entire 2009 playoffs where he was effecient and trusted his teammates. He had a horrible shooting night in game 7 but he found other ways to affect the game when his shot was off.

Where Were You During Game 7 2010? At a cigar store here in Birmingham have a smoke watching game 7 with a Celtics fan.

Favorite Ex Laker? Magic Johnson & Robert Horry (roll tide)

Favorite Chickism? "Slam Dunk"
Last edited by DEH3 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEH3

Postby jlkr on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Beating the Celtics in 1985. On their home floor too. For many older fans, you will find this is the most precious moment ever. No explanation needed. The 2010 Finals come close, but second place has to go to the Junior Sky Hook, 1987 Finals Game 4 and third place has to go to the very last game the Lakers played in the old Boston Garden. Van Exel won that one with a half court heave as time ran out.

See how all my greatest Laker moments have to do with beating the Celtics?
Outstanding Kobe Moment?

Winning his first title without Shaq.

Jumping up and down in my friend's house.
Favorite Ex Laker?

Nick Van Exel
Favorite Chickism?

Can't keep it to just one:
yoyo'ing the ball
faked him into the popcorn machine
no harm, no foul
the fridge is closed ... jello's jiggling
slaaaaammmmm dunk!
Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend...
--Hayward
jlkr

Postby leakbrewergator on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:23 pm

You Been A Fan Since When? - 1989/1990

When Was The First Title You Remember? - 2000

Most Outstanding Lakers Moment? - 2000 WCF Finals Game 7 :jam2:

Outstanding Kobe Moment? - 81

Where Were You During Game 7 2010? - Watching the game with friends and family at my place.

Favorite Ex Laker? - Magic

Favorite Chickism? - Fridge

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby leakbrewergator on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 pm

John3:16 wrote:
Favorite Chickism? Shaw - Shaq Redemption

That originated in Orlando.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby LadyLakersLover on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:51 pm

You Been A Fan Since When? 1981

When Was The First Title You Remember? 1985

Horry's buzzer beatin' 3-point shot to give us the 100-99 win over the Kings to tie the WCF series 2-2 in 2002. I ran thru my granny's living room screaming & jumping up & down! However, after tonight's game against the Knicks...Shannon Brown's SICK NASTY alley oop off of Blake's terrible pass is right up there with Big Shot Bob's buzzer beater! I'm gonna stay up all night watching that sick dunk on SportsCenter highlights. That alley oop was the BUSINESS!!!!!!!! I just wanna see it again and again and again! Good Lawd!

Outstanding Kobe Moment?

Too many to choose just one. That dude is SICK NASTY! I love watching him work!

Watching the game with my bestfriend in Miami. I was jumping up and down when we won! It's always SWEET gettin' a ring against the Celtics!

Favorite Ex Laker?

Assuming we're talking about Lakers who got traded (and not those who retired, because I still consider them Lakers)...Skill wise: Ariza! Likeable role player wise: J-Peezy (Josh Powell) Honorable Mentions: Farmar (Jordy), Sasha (The Machine!), & Turiaf!

Favorite Chickism?
Unfortunately, I never got to hear Chick Hearn. I grew up in Miami, so all of the nationally televised Lakers games were announced by network guys like Brent Musberger, Dick Stockton, & Marv Albert. However, i enjoyed reading everyone else's Chickisms.
LadyLakersLover

Postby Steve on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:39 am

When Was The First Title You Remember? 1989

Most Outstanding Lakers Moment? Oh man waay to many I think Kobe's double pump over Jason Kidd to beat the Suns, after Shaq fouled out. I had a game the next day, and i remember in shoot around I kept practicing that shot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J90qsQo5dg4

Outstanding Kobe Moment? I guess same as above because I realized we had something special with him especially after dealing with the Utah debacle.

Where Were You During Game 7 2010? Stressing out, I was in my house after I turned down many invites to go to parties or bars to watch it, I decided to get some food and beer and watch the game at home with my girlfriend. I sad it here before it was one of the most strange nights in my life....but I don't think I'll ever forget it.

Favorite Ex Laker? There's a lot of guys I miss. probably Sasha

Favorite Chickism? Living in Jersey I didn't get to hear him often cept' now on youtube which is unfortunate
Steve

Postby Phil XI on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:14 pm

69 or 70 ish but became a die-hard in 1975 when LA acquired KAJ

Remember '72 but bonded with '80. 72 was my Dad's title, 80 was mine.

Beating Boston, finally, in 85! Then getting revenge in 10.

Outstanding Kobe Moment?

The Lob. Kobe to Shaq v Portland Game 7 Comeback.
That single play for me put an end to the unfinished business that started when Magic suddenly retired.
The Lakers were back to being The Lakers.

Doing the dishes. That's what I do when I get all caught up in a big game and nervous. Watching out of the corner of my eye pretending to be distracted. I stopped doing the dishes after Sasha sank the clinchers.

Favorite Ex Laker?

1. Magic by a hair over KAJ;
non-stars: Happy Hairston in my early days, Coop & AC in the middle, and Robert Horry in recent years.

Favorite Chickism?

"Silk from the corner...20 foot layup"
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby CheezStake on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:14 pm

1972 - Dad took me to a playoff game when I was a lil squirt.
1972 - I was hooked
Magic's baby hook, or revenge against the C's 2 years ago.
Outstanding Kobe Moment?
81 - 81 - 81
@ a small sports pub, with extreme Laker fans only, pizza, beer, and screaming
Favorite Ex Laker?
Turiaf
Favorite Chickism?

yo-yoing up and down, past the 10-second line, across this 94 foot hunk of hardwood
CheezStake

Postby laker911 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:07 pm

[quote="DarthRekal"]You Been A Fan Since When? 2005

When Was The First Title You Remember? 2009

Most Outstanding Lakers Moment? Since becoming a fan (game 4 in Orlando was a big one)

Outstanding Kobe Moment? 81 points (saw it live on tv and I was just in a state of shock)

Where Were You During Game 7 2010? My uni library watching the game through the interwebz (unamused)

Favorite Ex Laker? Robert Horry

Favorite Chickism? Don't really have one
laker911

Next

Return to Trophy Room